Darts...

Sideshow

Have Aberdeen ever had a match like last night? No? Thought not.

Nevermind the fact that Scotland has a cultural problem with getting off your tits and starting shite. That just gets ignored so some walloper can focus his attention on the OF.

Shame, as I thought you had much more sense than that.

I don't believe Scotland has a cultural problem like that on the whole. We'll need to agree to disagree.

The walk on girls will be shitting themselves now that Phil the grope is a free agent!:o

It didn't stop him in the past...

Went to the show myself.

Fucking weegie b*****ds.

How do you know one of the coin throwers wasn’t someone like yourself who travelled from outside

Glasgow? Mates of mine were there last night and they said the table next to them was full of steamin guys from Dumfries who were lobbing beer all over the place

A bit of abuse is fine but throwing coins is the act of a cowardly c*nt. It also spoiled the match but it did give Anderson a convenient excuse. The fact is for the second week in a row Anderson played terrible by his standards but this time it was because he couldn’t handle the expectation and bottled it. Fair play to Lewis for eventually holding his nerve, showed he has balls of steel

cannot believe some ppl are actually souly blaming ppl from glasgow.......cos a chinned a group a irish boys cos they launched something also spoke tae ppl from england holland and other parts of scotland!

wat happened wasnt right and the coin throwing seemed to hv came from close to the front

but as i said to be just blaming glasgow is bit harsh..... if you were to ask most darts players thats played in the premier league in secc they say its best darts experience for noise and atomisphere

How do you know one of the coin throwers wasn't someone like yourself who travelled from outside

Glasgow? Mates of mine were there last night and they said the table next to them was full of steamin guys from Dumfries who were lobbing beer all over the place

Duh, because only people from the greater Glasgow area are scumbags and delinquents. The rest of Scotland is full of perfect, law-abiding citizens who would have no part in such disgusting behaviour.

Anyone arguing against Scotland having a problem with alcohol is either naive or deluded.

Spot on. The empty buckie and cider bottles in that bridged walkway were plentiful. Even with the queues at the bar, it was not difficult to get stocious in there last night if you wanted to. There was no limit on the number of drinks per person, the pints were 'only' £3.75 and while I understand the carryout saves you cash, nobody who ersed a bottle of buckie before 7pm last night can even be aware what happened in there towards the end. It's our problem, but Scottish folk who think they can (but can't) handle their drink is nothing new, and a long way from a solution. It's the throwing of coins etc that is so fucking disappointing.

To be fair to many in the crowd, everytime there was a fight, (the first one in my section being 2 women) the combatants were booed or (less helpfully perhaps) greeted with the "scum" chant. Also, most - who could still see - applauded Anderson when he asked for calm and pocketed whatever had just whizzed past Lewis' ear.

Any idea if last nights show will be repeated anytime soon?

Just been on. SKY Video has highlights on the website if you register (free).

Went to a Peter Manley exhibition tonight. He was a good laugh and his darts werent bad either. He played down last nights events and said it probably won't affect glasgows place on the rota.

I got a wee game against him as well. My first dart hit double top and I turned it into a shanghai, so I told Manley it was double start. He went for tops and missed. But he did hit the winning double 18 wearing a party mask and with a white poster covering the board, with one dart. Was sweet.

Edited by tigerton

The people that think Glasgow would be stricken off were always going to be mental. It's easy to just have games where this kind of thing won't happen. Simple. Anderson/Barney is the easy solution. Have something like Taylor/Wade as well so as it's two c***s playing each other and the fans are like "so who do we hate?". It's all very easy.

Just got myself setup in the house for darts.

Was playing a checkout game last night were you start of 51 and add 10 once you check out. 51, 61, 71 etc

Any other games any of you play for practice?

Yeh, add ten if you check it and take 1 away if you miss usually.

I like to practise finishing by constrantly trying to finish 50 in 3 darts. First dart has to be for the bull, the youve got 2 darts to clean up if you miss.

I also try and do a finish between 100 and 120 in 6 darts, 5 times in a row (or twice in a row in 3 darts), if that makes sense.

Apart from that, i just play 501 and try and get good averages.

I bought the winmau darts trainer app yesterday and spent nearly all day playing against it......

You can change how many legs and sets you want but I set it up for a premier league race to 8 format! You can also change the app's 3 dart average from 40 (pub player) to 104 (Anderson, taylor etc) My average cane out at 58 which wasn't too bad. I'd set the app's average to 70 and got beat 8-2! :/

Playing doubles tonight in a competition so hopefully I can keep up some of my big scores and high checkouts from yesterday. 3 x 140's and a 108 checkout (shanghai 18's)

I've got a doubles tournament coming up next Tuesday. I'm kinda nervous about it, but I'm playing not bad at the moment. I've got a partner that can score like hell and I'm naw bad when it comes to sticking them in the double so I think we have a decent chance.

Are there any tourneys or leagues that 16 year olds can play in? :)

Inverclyde Open runs a youth tournament alongside the mens. Most mens tournaments will let under 18s in as long as the pub/club its in has the right license.