Rugby Union

kiwififer

Did any of the Welsh or Irish players come out well tonight?

Thought CJ Stander looked good.....rhys Webb pass was snappy but he made lots of errors. Connor Murray was ok but not stunning. George north n liam Williams looked like absolute test squad boys. Alun wynn Jones....good but I'd still have johnny gray n itoje ahead of him. I do think a progressive coach could make a lions team capable of beating all blacks from current group....but gatland having very nearly screwed tour v a mediocre aussie side n having an awful record v sh sides will be awful.

7 hours ago, dogmc said:

Thought CJ Stander looked good.....rhys Webb pass was snappy but he made lots of errors. Connor Murray was ok but not stunning. George north n liam Williams looked like absolute test squad boys. Alun wynn Jones....good but I'd still have johnny gray n itoje ahead of him. I do think a progressive coach could make a lions team capable of beating all blacks from current group....but gatland having very nearly screwed tour v a mediocre aussie side n having an awful record v sh sides will be awful.

Before the game me and my pals were talking about North not even touring (which in all honesty I think was fair enough considering some of his performances) but he blew that away last night. He was absolutely tremendous 

Predictions for today? In the best traditions of glass half empty I suspect we could be narrowly ahead going into the last quarter but that their bench may have a bit much about it and we go down to a bonus point defeat. Been a great tournament so far and hopefully we can go into next weekend still in with a shout.

14 minutes ago, dogmc said:

I make England favourites. Love to be wrong but think they have enough grunt in their pack to stop us getting ball.

Yep, I fear the same tbh. As much as I think some of the England players are vastly overrated, 17 straight wins isn't a fluke. They have managed to find a way to win, although they did get lucky in Cardiff imo.

Yep, I fear the same tbh. As much as I think some of the England players are vastly overrated, 17 straight wins isn't a fluke. They have managed to find a way to win, although they did get lucky in Cardiff imo.

I think theyre a really good side probably no2 nehind nz. my only ray of hope is that for some reason jones has had them playing a really turgid style of rugby in 6n. My other worry is that under cotter we can be great for one half but rarely for the entire 80. I live in hope though.

If France win and get a bonus point against Italy and Scotland beat England without either of them getting a bonus point , could France win the championship if they beat Wales?

Yes, I think. They can get to 15 points with 2 BP wins, if Scotland were to win today then Ireland could also still get to 15 with a BP win against England. BPs could have a big say, but if Scotland don't win today then it's all irrelevant.

Predictions for today? In the best traditions of glass half empty I suspect we could be narrowly ahead going into the last quarter but that their bench may have a bit much about it and we go down to a bonus point defeat. Been a great tournament so far and hopefully we can go into next weekend still in with a shout.

The main on line bookies have:-

England -12 Evens
Scotland + 12 Evens

Very close call, 2 points in it. hopefully Scotland, probably England.

I'd be confident if it was at Murrayfield, but since we're not I need to say England.

Two very decent national anthems in this Italy - France game though.

I can't help but think we are getting underestimated big time. Two freak wins against Ireland and Wales seems to be the narrative. Let's hope it rubs off on the England team.

And regarding punditry, a team being 'due a good game' is the worst analysis ever. It always means the team aren't doing very well, so are therefore much more likely not to have a good game. It is just as easy and lazy to say the Scottish scrum is due a good game too, so Scotland should win.