Rugby Union

kiwififer

In Super Rugby the Rebels defeated the Blues 20-10 at Eden Park, Auckland today. This is the first win by an Australian side in NZ for 3 years. The Blues are not very good this year. It’s also the first time the Blues have lost to an Australian side at Eden Park since the Brumbies beat them in May 2013. The Bl

South Africa are mince
South Africa a wee bit on the keech side
I put it off at half time as it looked like Wales were going to win by a mile, surprised to get up this morning and see there was only 2 points in it at the end up, and the Boks had came back to lead the game.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Are they not seperated?

Well you can draw a team from your own league but I think you might be right that teams from the Guinness Pro14 can't draw each other in the pools.

I'm looking forward to the draw for a change.  Since we won the conference and got a home s/f, I'm assuming that we'll be in the top seeds and avoid Leinster and Munster. The Cheetahs don't compete in Europe and Scarlets should be in the top seeds too.  In England, Saracens beat Exeter in the final so I'd assume we'll avoid them.  Montpellier beat Castres in the Top 14 final so I'd hope to avoid them too.  I'd like another trip to Bath actually.

Richie Vernon leaves Glasgow to join London Scottish next season.  He's combining it with prepping for a job in finance so thinking he'll be ending his career there.

Stalwart and committed to the Warriors cause imo but he was blighted with long-term injuries so it's the right decision tbh.

details of the seeding and how the draw works here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_European_Rugby_Champions_Cup

We will be 2nd Tier, and Embra 3rd

Teams in Tier 1, 2 & 3 must be from a different league (ie one English, one french and one Pro14) so we can only get Cardiff or Ulster from our league.

Worst draw would be Sarries, Toulouse and Toulon, best would be Exeter, Lyon and Cardiff.

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

details of the seeding and how the draw works here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_European_Rugby_Champions_Cup

We will be 2nd Tier, and Embra 3rd

Teams in Tier 1, 2 & 3 must be from a different league (ie one English, one french and one Pro14) so we can only get Cardiff or Ulster from our league.

Worst draw would be Sarries, Toulouse and Toulon, best would be Exeter, Lyon and Cardiff.

Wouldn't mind Exeter again, was a good trip despite the result last year.

4 hours ago, come on shire said:

Well you can draw a team from your own league but I think you might be right that teams from the Guinness Pro14 can't draw each other in the pools.

I'm looking forward to the draw for a change.  Since we won the conference and got a home s/f, I'm assuming that we'll be in the top seeds and avoid Leinster and Munster. The Cheetahs don't compete in Europe and Scarlets should be in the top seeds too.  In England, Saracens beat Exeter in the final so I'd assume we'll avoid them.  Montpellier beat Castres in the Top 14 final so I'd hope to avoid them too.  I'd like another trip to Bath actually.

Other way round ;)