Rugby Union

kiwififer

Certainly.

Afterall, how often does a Scottish national team win a continental trophy.

If the sport of rugby league it to establish itself in Scotland to any degree it'll only be via the national team - in much the way cricket has tried to. And there won't be many better chances than reaching QF of a World Cup held in the British Isles; winning the European Cup (just unfortunate it couldn't have been won outright on home soil on Friday); then participating in a Four Nations held in the British Isles.

Sorry to nitpick but cricket is well established in scotland and arguably bigger than rugby union.

I was really meaning in things like spectator, commercial and performance terms.

No-one watches club cricket here, and the way the game is structured (in a way quite similar to RL actually - with the County Championship/etc. being the only tournaments of note in this part of the world in a similar way to Super League) means that only the national team is going to grab headlines, draw crowds, or win trophies of consequence beyond our borders.

Couple of suprises in the Team vs Argentina, although I guess Cotter will be giving a load of players a run over the 3 games and I would expect 30 plus will get game time, if not starts

Harley, Cowan and Ashe as the back row is a bit of a shocker, full team,

Scotland : Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Maitland (Glasgow Warriors), Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors), Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors), Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors), Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors), Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Gloucester), Alasdair Dickinson (Edinburgh Rugby), Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby), Euan Murray (Glasgow Warriors), Richie Gray (Castres), Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors), Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors), Blair Cowan (London Irish), Adam Ashe (Glasgow Warriors),

Replacements : Scott Lawson (Gloucester), Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors), Geoff Cross (London Irish), Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors), Alasdair Strokosch (Perpignan), Henry Pyrgos (Glasgow Warriors), Duncan Weir (Glasgow Warriors), Sean Lamont (Glasgow Warriors),

After injuring his knee ligaments and being released by Clermont I thought he was never going to make it, gladly though I think I will be proved wrong. Having watched the majority of the Glasgow games this year he has been outstanding, and tore apart a Bath backline that is supposed to be the best in England with 4 of them in the Eng squad to face the all blacks

There was a few positions I'd say were 50/50 calls (1, 2, 6, 9 and 10) but I think the rest of the team pretty much picks itself, Ashe is the only surprise inclusion for me, but seemingly Beattie has missed the last few games for Castres.

He's in the squad, just not picked for this one. If he's not picked to start he's not likely to get on the bench as only plays wing, whereas Lamont can fill in anywhere from 12-15. At present I would say Seymour and Maitland are just ahead of him at present, although it makes a change having an option like him to come in.

New Zealand beat England 14-12 in the Rugby League, England could have kicked a penalty to tie it at the death but that would have been pointless as they needed the win. Instead they took the tap and immediately knocked it on after the first pass.