Rugby Union

kiwififer

Jonah Lomu has passed aged 40.

Just heard that announced on the radio. Absolutely gutted at the news he was one of the main reasons that I got into rugby was watching him just destroy the opposition players. He was meant to be a real nice bloke and would spend hours talking to fans when he played for the Blues.

One of my abiding memories of rugby is Lomu bursting on to the scene at the 1995 world cup, and especially the try when he trampled Mike Catt into the turf against England after already flooring two English players before he got to him. He is the template for most modern backs. 40 is no age at all, very sad to hear of his passing.

One of my abiding memories of rugby is Lomu bursting on to the scene at the 1995 world cup, and especially the try when he trampled Mike Catt into the turf against England after already flooring two English players before he got to him. He is the template for most modern backs. 40 is no age at all, very sad to hear of his passing.

Exactly this. An absolute giant playing on the wing? What madness is this.... < BANG >

That's crazy news. 40 is a ridiculous age.

He was also responsible for every boy in my primary school going for that amazing hair do.

Edited to add I didn't know he had kidney problems and his body rejected a kidney transplant.

RIP :( .

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

That's crazy news. 40 is a ridiculous age.

He was also responsible for every boy in my primary school going for that amazing hair do.

Edited to add I didn't know he had kidney problems and his body rejected a kidney transplant.

RIP :( .

I wasn't allowed that haircut, but will admit to having a number 11 shaved in my eyebrow!

What a player - and he f*cking loved scoring against England, which made him even better

Genuine sadness a true sporting icon can remember watching in awe at the 95 World Cup.

An absolute monster of a man who could apparently run 100m in less than 11 secs, bench 200kg and squat 375kg.

Aye... 6ft 5.... 20 stone and 100 metres in less than 11 secs.... pure physics..... a gentleman also

Brian Moore's excellent tribute to Lomu from the Telegraph. 5Live also had a programme last night with the likes of Zinzan Brooke and Andrew Merthens among the contributors.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/newzealand/12004193/Jonah-Lomus-power-speed-balance-and-dexterity-made-him-devastating-he-changed-the-game-of-rugby-forever.html

Edited by peasy23