Rugby Union

kiwififer

It's a shame we didn't last like this against England and Wales - we could have had quite a different look to the table.

A slightly different scheduling could have had a massive effect as well - the confidence of any big win at the start can be massive for us, add that to this team, and we could be a real threat to anyone.

It's a shame we didn't last like this against England and Wales - we could have had quite a different look to the table.

Yeah, absolutely. The no show against England is especially disappointing, especially since even then we've really been the only team to make life particularly difficult for them. The Wales game, meh, we weren't great but the ref had a major impact.

We are getting better though. Great to see the potential we all knew was there starting to come to fruition. Would love to beat the Irish now.

sitting in line with it in the North stand so not sure why he went to the TMO

It was the TMO who actually referred himself to the ref about a small tug Laidlaw had on a French jersey as Taylor was running away. Ref took one look at it and basically told him to stop being ridiculous. I thought the ref was good to be honest. Probably could have been a bit stricter round the scrum and penalised earlier, but to be honest at the end that was suiting us just fine.

My teenage son reckons that's Scotland's first consecutive 6 Nations wins in his lifetime (15 years).

Any stattos able to confirm?

Did we not get two in a row in the Scott Johnson era? Italy and Ireland.

Edit: yep, 2013. Beat Italy then got a tight victory against Ireland. Remember us defending for our lives in our 22 for what felt like an eternity to hang on, but we did. Definitely undeserved but remember leaving Murrayfield that year absolutely ecstatic.

Edited by jmothecat

Did we not get two in a row in the Scott Johnson era? Italy and Ireland.

Edit: yep, 2013. Beat Italy then got a tight victory against Ireland. Remember us defending for our lives in our 22 for what felt like an eternity to hang on, but we did. Definitely undeserved but remember leaving Murrayfield that year absolutely ecstatic.

Just had a look - and yes.  I'll delight in telling him he's talking shite ;)

Thanks for handing us the title. :thumsup2

Excellent win for you. I can't remember ever watching a Scotland team consistently make the right decisions when it mattered, so that's big progress. I think you've got an excellent opportunity to go and beat the Irish in the final game now, which would really put down a marker.

As for France, they've been terrible ever since they made the World Cup Final 5 years ago. Just pedestrian, one dimensional rubbish.

It's so great to have a win in the 6 Nations against someone that aren't Italy for once.  We are an improving side but there was a few easy tries that France got so improvements still need to be made.  However, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Hogg was deserved MOTM for his try and setting up Visser's.  However, if it was at all possible, my MOTM would be the entire forward pack.  France are notoriously physical, even if they blow hot and cold, but our scrum demolished them.  Why Glen Jackson never lost his patience and sin-binned one of their front rows mystifies me slightly. 

Finally, it's clear to see that Finn Russell is badly off form.  That was highlighted again today when Peter Horne came on and played exceptionally.  Though I wish Finn a speedy recovery, I hope that Horne gets the nod for the Ireland game.

It was the TMO who actually referred himself to the ref about a small tug Laidlaw had on a French jersey as Taylor was running away. Ref took one look at it and basically told him to stop being ridiculous. I thought the ref was good to be honest. Probably could have been a bit stricter round the scrum and penalised earlier, but to be honest at the end that was suiting us just fine.

thanks there was nothing that stuck out as a reason to refer it when it was scored or when it was on the big screen.

I'd had doubts about the inclusion of Horne as cover for stand off, especially as Weir had been In great form recently for Glasgow. He was fantastic today! Russell needs a bit of a rest, lots of expectation on his shoulders and maybe a break from Scotland duty and more focus on playing well in the Pro 12 will do him some good.

I'd had doubts about the inclusion of Horne as cover for stand off, especially as Weir had been In great form recently for Glasgow. He was fantastic today! Russell needs a bit of a rest, lots of expectation on his shoulders and maybe a break from Scotland duty and more focus on playing well in the Pro 12 will do him some good.

Would you drop Russell for next week? That would be a big call, but Cotter isn't afraid to make changes.

Would you drop Russell for next week? That would be a big call, but Cotter isn't afraid to make changes.

Horne must have given himself a chance to start after the way he played today, but imo I think Cotter will stick with Russell and keep Horne on the bench due to his ability to play just about anywhere in the back line.

Great game today, really good performances across the team, agree that Horne was outstanding but Hogg was a standout. Hope I'm wrong but on his 6 nations performances I think someone from out with the Pro12 will be in with a bid, we were in the second back row in the corner but still had a great view which is more than can be said for Hampden.