Rugby Union

kiwififer

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

There's a guy fucking kneeling on him, Chris, how can you not see that?

Yeah, he got us in the end. I thought we were ok today. Definetely the better team and we knew this would be a tough season. Connacht were supposed to steamroller us today, but I thought we gave as good as we got and they were reliant on some very dodgy refereeing, especially at the end.

Edinburgh are supposed to be the good Scottish team now, led by Scotland coach in waiting Richard Corkerill, but I don't rate them at all. Mentally weak, full of mistakes and very few players you can really trust.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
16 minutes ago, GAD said:
Edinburgh are supposed to be the good Scottish team now, led by Scotland coach in waiting Richard Corkerill, but I don't rate them at all. Mentally weak, full of mistakes and very few players you can really trust.

Still can't get past a QF.. all bluff and bluster

You could forgive them not getting past a knockout game if you believed that talent wise they just weren't good enough, but the last three I've seen have all been fully self inflicted. The Ulster and Munster ones were obviously horrendous, but even the Bordeaux game a few weeks ago they had their chance and fucked it.

Taranaki lifted the Ranfurly Shield 2 weeks ago then lost it to Otago last week. Looks like it’s heading to Hawke’s Bay this week as they lead Otago 21-9 in Dunedin with less than 9 minutes to go.

ETA Finsihed 28-9. At least they’ll hang on to it a week longer then the other 2 as they’re away next weekend.

The Match Officials, as well as broadcast fixtures, for this weekend are listed below.

Friday, October 9

Dragons v Zebre

Rodney Parade, Newport – KO 20:15

Referee: Chris Busby (IRFU, competition debut)

Assistant Referees: Adam Jones, Craig Evans (both WRU)

TMO: Sean Brickell (WRU)

Live on eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 2, ESPN+ (USA) DAZN, pro14.tv.

Saturday, October 10

Benetton v Leinster

Stadio Monigo, Treviso – KO 18:15 ITA / 17:15 UK

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU, 66th competition game)

Assistant Referees: Andrea Piardi, Andrea Spadoni (both FIR)

TMO: Marius Mitrea (FIR)

Live on eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 1, Super Sport Rugby, ESPN+ (USA) DAZN, pro14.tv.

Ospreys v Ulster

Liberty Stadium Swansea – KO 17:15

Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 45th competition game)

Assistant Referees: Dan Jones, Gwyn Morris (both WRU)

TMO: Ian Davies (WRU)

Live on eir Sport 2, Premier Sports 2, ESPN+ (USA) DAZN, pro14.tv.

Munster v Edinburgh

Thomond Park, Limerick – KO 19:35

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 185th competition game)

Assistant Referees: Sean Gallagher, Peter Martin (both IRFU)

TMO: Joy Neville (IRFU)

Live on eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 1, Super Sport Variety 2, ESPN+ (USA) DAZN, pro14.tv.

Cardiff Blues v Connacht

Rodney Parade, Newport – KO 19:35

Referee: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR, 2nd competition game)

Assistant Referees: Craig Evans, Adam Jones (both WRU)

TMO: Jon Mason (WRU)

Live on TG4, Premier Sports 2, S4C, ESPN+ (USA) DAZN, pro14.tv.

Sunday, October 11

Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets

Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow – KO 17:15

Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU, 36th competition game)

Assistant Referees: Ben Blain, Hollie Davidson (both SRU)

TMO: Andrew McMenemy (SRU)

Live on eir Sport 2, Premier Sports 1, Super Sport Rugby, ESPN+ (USA) DAZN, pro14.tv.

After signing the tongan backrower last week Glasgow sign TJ Ione https://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/ioane-makes-scotstoun-loan-switch

Cant see any length of the loan, but sounds like for the whole season. After telling everyone that there was no money thats another 2 new players in for this season. part of me would rather see some of the youngsters given a chance as its not as if they can get relegated and we couldbe blooding some Scottish talent, but on the other I would rather be watching a team thats winning every week

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

After signing the tongan backrower last week Glasgow sign TJ Ione https://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/ioane-makes-scotstoun-loan-switch

Cant see any length of the loan, but sounds like for the whole season. After telling everyone that there was no money thats another 2 new players in for this season. part of me would rather see some of the youngsters given a chance as its not as if they can get relegated and we couldbe blooding some Scottish talent, but on the other I would rather be watching a team thats winning every week

Fagerson will be heavily involved with Scotland I'm sure now Crosbie and Bradbury are injured so unavailable for Glasgow for a large chunk of the season. Tom Gordon may also be involved at some point, having been 24th man in Italy in February. Bruce Flockhart looked like he'd be pushing for regular game time but it was announced last week he was taking an extended break from the game. Nakarawa won't play for Glasgow until December at least so that leaves Harley (used regularly at lock), Fusaro, Wilson and the two new guys.

Below that Gregor Brown and Rory Jackson are the two academy back rowers. Brown looked decent for the u20s, enough to suggest he could be a future pro, but didn't strike me as being ready for that level yet. I've not seen Jackson but he was behind Brown in the pecking order so would imagine the same applies. Both are eligible for the u20s this season so a good year and we might see one of them step up. Embra have extremely talented young back rowers as well as a surplus in the first team but God forbid they lose any because Cockerill loves nothing more than stockpiling them.

Edited by afca32

Exeter involved in a real physical battle with Bath in the Premiership SF at the moment. Their bodies are going to be fucked going into the Euro final against Racing next week.
Fortunately, Racing are playing Toulouse tonight, so could be in similar shape.
Thought Hogg was gone with that interception, surprised Watson got back to catch him.

Exeter are very good at what they do. Guscott summed it up well on the radio a few weeks back, possession, territory, pressure = points.

8 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Thought Hogg was gone with that interception, surprised Watson got back to catch him.

Exeter are very good at what they do. Guscott summed it up well on the radio a few weeks back, possession, territory, pressure = points.

Watson is absolutely fucking rapid.

Would like to see both him and Hogg in the back 3 for the Lions in the summer.