Rugby Union

kiwififer

43 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

She's an absolutel fucking cretin, and always has been.

A few years back, they went to her for a HT chat in one of the AIs when the All Blacks were on tour. She spent the entire allocated time giving her opinion on the match, and went back up to the studio without asking Sean fucking Fitzpatrick for his.

Also when Wales issued a formal complaint about her and she got riled.

image.png.eb6d9e04c280feb91747a9b4acc675ba.png

Good to see that she got over it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

35 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Definition of a kick according to the laws

Kick: An act made by intentionally hitting the ball with any part of the leg or foot, except the heel, from the toe to the knee but not including the knee. A kick must move the ball a visible distance out of the hand, or along the ground.

I’d question the “kick” for the second try was intentional.  If the ref decrees it was then it’s a try.  After watching it many times and checking the definition I’d say knock on.

Nowhere in the laws does it say a kick prevents a knock on.

The two examples given where a knock on is not awarded are a charge down and a rip.

The ball is not knocked-on, and play continues, if: 5.A player knocks the ball forward immediately after an opponent hasa.kicked it (charge down).A player rips or knocks the ball from an opponent and the ball goes b.forward from the opponent’s hand or arm

I'm all aboard the Wales shithouse Grand slam tbh, its funny at this point. Never looking good but 3 wins and 2 bonus points from 3. Lethal back three and AWJ, Faletau, Tipuric and North just bringing the Gatland find a way to win mentality.

I redact this if Scotland have a chance of a win in the last weekend. 

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Nowhere in the laws does it say a kick prevents a knock on.

The two examples given where a knock on is not awarded are a charge down and a rip.

The ball is not knocked-on, and play continues, if: 5.A player knocks the ball forward immediately after an opponent hasa.kicked it (charge down).A player rips or knocks the ball from an opponent and the ball goes b.forward from the opponent’s hand or arm

No idea what your point is here.  If you legally kick it you haven’t knocked it on.  The laws don’t explicitly say that because its obvious and covered under the definition of a kick.

Charge downs and rips are totally different scenarios to what was being discussed.  Those scenarios infringe the knock on because without the explicit definition you quoted then they would be knock ons.  That is why they’re called out.

So, this weekend in a nutshell:

Ireland won handsomely but you can't read too much into beating Italy. I mind Italy's glory days where the opposition had to be semi switched on to win in Rome. 

England's discipline was all over the place and Pascal Gauzere has a fleur de lis tattooed somewhere. 

Edinburgh lost at home to Scarlets. The Scarlets defence was air tight at the end. Cockerill's tactics of being hard buggers is fine but they're not winning enough games and there's no Plan B. 

Sonja Mclaughlin copped stick for trying to get Owen Farrell to maybe bitch about the ref. 

53 minutes ago, Left Back said:

No idea what your point is here.  If you legally kick it you haven’t knocked it on.  The laws don’t explicitly say that because its obvious and covered under the definition of a kick.

Charge downs and rips are totally different scenarios to what was being discussed.  Those scenarios infringe the knock on because without the explicit definition you quoted then they would be knock ons.  That is why they’re called out.

My point is that in the rule book the bolded isn't true. That is stated nowhere in the IRB rules of rugby.

It isn't obvious. And it isn't covered in the definition of a kick. That is factually innaccurate.

5 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

My point is that in the rule book the bolded isn't true. That is stated nowhere in the IRB rules of rugby.

It isn't obvious. And it isn't covered in the definition of a kick. That is factually innaccurate.

Nae bother pal.  I await the day referees are pingng people for kicking the ball 😂

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Some turn around for Wales, Pivac was close to being out on his ear after the AI's, 3 games later and there within touching distance of a Grand Slam. There not even close to being a good team either

Hmmm. Two lucky wins against 14 men, and incredible fortune when a referee chose to give them 2 tries that quite possibkly shouldn't have been. 

They're riding a wave of amazing good luck at this moment in time. Nothing more than that. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hmmm. Two lucky wins against 14 men, and incredible fortune when a referee chose to give them 2 tries that quite possibkly shouldn't have been. 

They're riding a wave of amazing good luck at this moment in time. Nothing more than that. 

Im not disagreeing, but going into the 6 Nations everyone would have had them finishing 4th or 5th and there were plenty calls for Pivacs head, yet 2 red cards and a dodgy ref and they are top of the table.

They annoying thing is that we never seem to get the rub from the ref that Wales and Ireland do.

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Well they are giving tries for people kicking the ball after clearly knocking it on.... So maybe the IRB should actually clarify what the rules are.

No.  If the ref has deemed it a kick it isn’t a knock on.  If it went forward from his hand before it touched his leg that makes zero difference.  At the point his leg made contact with the ball it hadn’t touched another player or the ground so can’t be a knock on at that point.

if the ref hasn’t deemed it a legal kick (i.e. deliberately kicked it )then its a knock on once the ball touched the ground.

think you need to have a read of the laws mate.  I’ll give you a lesson for free.  They aren’t called rules.

18 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Im not disagreeing, but going into the 6 Nations everyone would have had them finishing 4th or 5th and there were plenty calls for Pivacs head, yet 2 red cards and a dodgy ref and they are top of the table.

They annoying thing is that we never seem to get the rub from the ref that Wales and Ireland do.

It is actually quite funny watching England get royally shafted by a ref though.  Even better that Farrell was seething both at the first try and the interview.  The man is a total w****r.

47 minutes ago, Left Back said:

No.  If the ref has deemed it a kick it isn’t a knock on.  If it went forward from his hand before it touched his leg that makes zero difference.  At the point his leg made contact with the ball it hadn’t touched another player or the ground so can’t be a knock on at that point.

if the ref hasn’t deemed it a legal kick (i.e. deliberately kicked it )then its a knock on once the ball touched the ground.

think you need to have a read of the laws mate.  I’ll give you a lesson for free.  They aren’t called rules.

No you need to read the laws and show me where it says you can play the ball forward if you kick it.

That law doesn't exist. You have made it up.

41 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

No you need to read the laws and show me where it says you can play the ball forward if you kick it.

That law doesn't exist. You have made it up.

Go have a lie down.  You’re a lost cause.  It’s been explained to you in a way a 4 year old could understand.  I’ll be ignoring you from now on.

Some journalist on twitter saying it's the worst refereeing performance he's ever seen.

He obviously didn't watch the WC QF between Scotland and Australia in 2015.

Craig Joubert was so embarrassed by awarding that last minute penalty to Aus that he fucked off down the tunnel before anyone had a chance to shake his hand or knock f**k out of him.

Edited by Arch Stanton

It does show there isn't that much difference between 5 of the 6 sides in the tournament at least. England and Ireland are pretty good at declaring themselves champions of the universe everytime they win and telling everyone else how crap they are, but really everyone can beat anyone on a good day.