Rugby Union

kiwififer

Have the WRU not tried to shut down one of the regions before to save money? With English rugby also going bust I wonder if the Welsh teams will finally carry out their "threat" to leave the URC and join some Anglo tournament, with less teams? 3 of them in the Prem is 14. Could chuck the Dragons in the championship.

32 minutes ago, GAD said:

Have the WRU not tried to shut down one of the regions before to save money? With English rugby also going bust I wonder if the Welsh teams will finally carry out their "threat" to leave the URC and join some Anglo tournament, with less teams? 3 of them in the Prem is 14. Could chuck the Dragons in the championship.

this is probably the 3rd time the Dragons have threatened. Also don't think the Prem will touch them now 

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

this is probably the 3rd time the Dragons have threatened. Also don't think the Prem will touch them now 

Was it not Ospreys last time that were facing the chop? Now I come to think of it, are Dragons not at least partly privately owned, unlike the other 3? I'm sure they had some Welsh Tom Farmer type bankrolling them, which is how they ended up with guys like Moriarty and Hibbard? Though that seems to have dried up recently.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Was it not Ospreys last time that were facing the chop? Now I come to think of it, are Dragons not at least partly privately owned, unlike the other 3? I'm sure they had some Welsh Tom Farmer type bankrolling them, which is how they ended up with guys like Moriarty and Hibbard? Though that seems to have dried up recently.

both were facing the chop last time. They now fully owned by the WRU since 2017

Unusual to see a team worse at restarts than Scotland, but it's a tremendous effort from Ulster tonight.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Also, we can't kick for shit.

TBF, it looks like the wind is absolutely horrendous, it's pretty wild where I am a couple of miles away, and I certainly won't be going outside, never mind trying to play rugby.

Get to HT a score down at worst, and Glasgow should have plenty with the wind behind to see them off in the second half

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Unusual to see a team worse at restarts than Scotland, but it's a tremendous effort from Ulster tonight.

TBF, it looks like the wind is absolutely horrendous, it's pretty wild where I am a couple of miles away, and I certainly won't be going outside, never mind trying to play rugby.

Get to HT a score down at worst, and Glasgow should have plenty with the wind behind to see them off in the second half

The wind doesn't look that bad? I was just playing fives earlier in the southside and there was no wind, that was a couple of hours ago mind you.