Rugby Union

kiwififer

Warriors season tickets going up by an average of 18% in price In order to support the clubs increased investment in the team. You can renew your season ticket from the 17th of May.

Should be getting a discount given last year's performances during the internationals.

But it's not all bad news you get a badge and a sticker..... Last time I got enticed with that was to be a good boy at the dentist... And even better I will get an exclusive membership card, I take it that will double as my admission ticket?

Huge price increase and spoken to like an imbecile, yet again I have to ask who runs their PR?

It's a touch steep but I can't say I'm surprised by the increase. Almost every game this season has been sold out. Without further expansion of the stadium they need to find some way to make more money. Even if they lose a few season ticket holders others will pick them up or they'll make more money selling individual match tickets easily enough.

19 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Warriors season tickets going up by an average of 18% in price In order to support the clubs increased investment in the team. You can renew your season ticket from the 17th of May.

Unless you have a Platinum ticket where it's 'only' 11%...

There have been elements of disappointment in Glasgow's season but I think it's a bit much to run to the lifeboats.

Not making the play-offs was disappointing. I blame the results over the international periods this season. The group we had previously have since moved on and/or graduated to the 1st team and Scotland set-up. What we had this season such as Hart and Clegg simply haven't been good enough.

However there have been a few diamonds in rough that could lead the charge during international periods next season. Nick Grigg and Brian Alainu'uese come to mind (along with the new signings hopefully). 

Let's not forget we enjoyed BP wins home and away to the Pro12 champs and a home BP win vs Leinster. We also got a derby win away to Edinburgh. We made massive strides in Europe by getting to the knock-outs for the first time ever. This included thumping Racing AND Leicester home and away.

However, we want to finish on a high by beating Edinburgh at home. Bragging rights and silverware at stake too. Going to be a tricky game though...

Edited by come on shire

More players announced to be leaving Glasgow this summer, notably Peter Murchie.

Others are Bulumakau, Fraser Lyle, Uanivi, Kenatale and Schulte.

All in there's a lot of players leaving this summer now. Many were to be expected but they'll have to strength the squad with better replacements than last summer. Murchie, Gordon Reid, Josh Strauss and Sean Lamont all with over one hundred appearances each (plus 66 appearances for Mark Bennett) is a lot of experience to lose in one go.

More players announced to be leaving Glasgow this summer, notably Peter Murchie.
Others are Bulumakau, Fraser Lyle, Uanivi, Kenatale and Schulte.
All in there's a lot of players leaving this summer now. Many were to be expected but they'll have to strength the squad with better replacements than last summer. Murchie, Gordon Reid, Josh Strauss and Sean Lamont all with over one hundred appearances each (plus 66 appearances for Mark Bennett) is a lot of experience to lose in one go.

Sorry where is Bennett going again?

Some big changes to Scotland 7s and Edinburgh coaching staff

Calum MacRae will move from 7s head coach to Edinburgh Defence coach

Peter Wilkins will leave Edinburgh (current defence coach)

Duncan Hodge will return to his job as Edinburgh attack coach 

John Dalziel the current London Scottish forwards coach will be the new 7s head coach after talking over the U20s in the Junior Rugby Championship in the summer

Matt Cornwell will join Edinburgh as head of rugby operations 

I wonder if Glasgow will make many other signings, thats 14 out,

Confirmed departures and appearances: Peter Murchie (116), Junior Bulumakau (8), Fraser Lyle (8), Tjiuee Uanivi (5), Nemia Kenatale (3) and Hagen Schulte* (1)

Previously confirmed departures: Gordon Reid (113), Josh Strauss (104), Mark Bennett (66), Sila Puafisi (43), Grayson Hart (32), Simone Favaro (30) and Djustice Sears-Duru (4)

Retiring at the end of the season: Sean Lamont (112)

but

"Huw Jones, Oli Kebble, Callum Gibbins and Adam Hastings will be joining Glasgow next season, while BT Sport Scottish Rugby Academy players Lewis Wynne, Matt Smith, Jamie Bhatti, George Horne and Paddy Kelly have signed professional contracts with the Warriors."

I can only see Glasgow needing a prop, a 4th choice scrum half for during internationals, and probably another back up at 10, its a shame that Brandon Thompson was only a short term loan from the Stormers he would have been a good long term addition (and allegedly Scottish Qualified)

Out of those released, im only really suprised by Murchie, although that may be budget constraints given his age he probably wanted decent money and hopefully can get a move somewhere else, and dissapointed in Bulumakau as thought he had potential.

I wonder if Glasgow will make many other signings, thats 14 out, Confirmed departures and appearances: Peter Murchie (116), Junior Bulumakau (8), Fraser Lyle (8), Tjiuee Uanivi (5), Nemia Kenatale (3) and Hagen Schulte* (1)

Previously confirmed departures: Gordon Reid (113), Josh Strauss (104), Mark Bennett (66), Sila Puafisi (43), Grayson Hart (32), Simone Favaro (30) and Djustice Sears-Duru (4)

Retiring at the end of the season: Sean Lamont (112)

but

"Huw Jones, Oli Kebble, Callum Gibbins and Adam Hastings will be joining Glasgow next season, while BT Sport Scottish Rugby Academy players Lewis Wynne, Matt Smith, Jamie Bhatti, George Horne and Paddy Kelly have signed professional contracts with the Warriors."

I can only see Glasgow needing a prop, a 4th choice scrum half for during internationals, and probably another back up at 10, its a shame that Brandon Thompson was only a short term loan from the Stormers he would have been a good long term addition (and allegedly Scottish Qualified)

Out of those released, im only really suprised by Murchie, although that may be budget constraints given his age he probably wanted decent money and hopefully can get a move somewhere else, and dissapointed in Bulumakau as thought he had potential.

They defo need back row cover for internationals eta someone like nakarawa who can drag the younger players along and who is very physical. Strauss will be a huge loss imo. I know Leone was a 2nd row but he put in some cracking shifts at 6 as well.

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

They defo need back row cover for internationals eta someone like nakarawa who can drag the younger players along and who is very physical. Strauss will be a huge loss imo. I know Leone was a 2nd row but he put in some cracking shifts at 6 as well.

My understanding is that is what Gribbens has been brought in for to bring experience and leadership when the internationals are away, and you've got the likes of Ashe, Harley, the other Fagerson, Fusaro, Wynne along with Cummings, Peterson in the 2nd row, and im expecting more from big Brian in the 2nd row, given a full pre-season to bed in properly

Interesting article from the BBC. It's an interview with Toony and he's saying that it's a Scotland trial in a sense as the squad gets named on Mon (the 2019 World Cup draw is also next week). 

I totally get that and he's entitled to watch the game back afterwards with a neutral perspective. However, for the duration of the game I sincerely hope he's 100% Glasgow minded. Maybe wasn't the best thing to say heading into an important game with pride and silverware at stake.

If we show up that Edinburgh pack will get absolutely rinsed.

The glasgow pack is nowhere near full strength tbf....but then looking at embra back line v glasgow thats your mismatch.....even 30% possession should be game. The thing embra do have is a wee bit of momentum after last weeks escape whilst Glasgow are on a grim run. Should be comfortable Glasgow win