Rugby Union

kiwififer

Due to the 1872 Scottish Cup fixture being moved from Scotstoun to BT Murrayfield this Saturday (2 January), after the Scotstoun pitch was deemed unplayable, the club can confirm the following details:

The game at BT Murrayfield will kick-off at 5.15pm on Saturday 2 January

All tickets for the fixture at Scotstoun will be valid for the game at BT Murrayfield

At this time no additional tickets are available but a limited number of tickets may become available tomorrow and Glasgow Warriors supporters will get the first chance to purchase these

The Roseburn Street and North Turnstiles (off Corstorphine Road) will open from 3.15pm on Saturday

Supporters will be sitting in the East Stand and pitchside standing will also be available

Disabled spectators can access the West Car Park via Riversdale Crescent and over Riversdale Bridge then as directed by stewards. Seating will be in West Stand, Section 12A.

There will be 400 free car parking spaces in the Saughton Hall Car Park available on a first come, first served basis

There will be a limited number of spaces on complimentary buses from the Drygate Brewery in Glasgow for supporters who have match tickets. Buses will leave between 2pm and 2.40pm on Saturday and supporters who would like to take advantage of the free bus travel must register HERE. Supporters must bring a printed copy of their ticket for the bus digital copies will not be accepted

So a possibility of some extra tickets.

Assume stewarding costs / availability is the issue, but it's still shite. Surely would be able to get an extra 5k at least if it was pay on the door, once all the current ticket holders were sorted.

Edited by Jeek

So a possibility of some extra tickets.

Assume stewarding costs / availability is the issue, but it's still shite. Surely would be able to get an extra 5k at least if it was pay on the door, once all the current ticket holders were sorted.

Shite is being made to travel 50 miles to the home ground of the opposition to play your home tie!

I think it is perhaps understandable that the SRU decided against releasing loads of tickets. The majority of people asking about tickets were Edinburgh fans and therefore it would further erode any remaining notion of home advantage. However I do weigh that against the embarrassing nature of no more tickets for a largely empty ground which is a morgue at the best of times.

To be honest I think this is pretty embarrassing episode. Ideally I think it should have been postponed entirely, but understand the desire to keep it going and avoid adding to the backlog. However for me Murrayfield should have been a red line given the opposition. It should have registered it was a PR disaster but perhaps it was and they were pressured into accepting by Pro 12 or Sky. Imagine Hearts moving the a Celtic game to Parkhead!

Anything of the Scotstoun size within the Glasgow district would have been fine, even a date switch to Sunday to move to these grounds if they were unavailable Saturday would have been better option for the spectators. If the message was Scotstoun waterlogged, playing in Killie, I'd have no issues whatsoever.

To be honest the PR machine at Glasgow has made some mistakes this year in my view.

• Missed opportunity to have a proper celebration/parade in the city of the Pro12 win. When they did a lot of the team were on holiday!
  • Jacked the ticket prices up, higher than at Edinburgh- I suddenly became a 'platinum' seat status.
  • Lost more players than any other team during the RWC meaning the team had a poor start (accepted other teams suffered)
  • Switching the home leg against Edinburgh to Edinburgh, meaning a 50 mile journey with poor transport options

To be honest the PR machine at Glasgow has made some mistakes this year in my view.

• Missed opportunity to have a proper celebration/parade in the city of the Pro12 win. When they did a lot of the team were on holiday!
  • Jacked the ticket prices up, higher than at Edinburgh- I suddenly became a 'platinum' seat status.
  • Lost more players than any other team during the RWC meaning the team had a poor start (accepted other teams suffered)
  • Switching the home leg against Edinburgh to Edinburgh, meaning a 50 mile journey with poor transport options

The one I've highlighted is hardly the fault of the PR team! I agree with you on rest, and I couldn't believe how little was done about the Pro 12 win - not memorabilia/clothing etc. Although there is a fair chance that is down to Macron being unbelievably shite at producing stuff.

To the PR fiasco I'd add selling people standing season tickets and then with no consultation or prior notice to those who had chosen to stand announcing on Facebook that a stand was being installed instead.

Charging for a glorified training session against the Army.

I can buy a beer in a reasonable city centre pub for less than it costs to stand in a frozen barn at Scotstoun.

The World Cup extractions were unavoidable but the league could have done more to alleviate the situation, giving more credence to the conspiracy theorist about the Pro-Irish bias.

I agree that on the basis of the available pictures the pitch looks unplayable but it didn't start raining yesterday, surely more could have been done earlier in terms of covering the pitch or making a more fan friendly alternative.

Still going tomorrow as I don't see the point in making some kind of protest as the only ones who will suffer be the players.

Another PR gripe is the championship winning photobook which was marketed as an exclusive item that you should preorder. I did so and had to pay an extra £4 for postage, then they started selling them at Scotstoun before the preorders had even been dispatched. They made some comment on twitter that those who preordered would get an exclusive signing session, but that came to nothing.

The one I've highlighted is hardly the fault of the PR team! I agree with you on rest, and I couldn't believe how little was done about the Pro 12 win - not memorabilia/clothing etc. Although there is a fair chance that is down to Macron being unbelievably shite at producing stuff.

No but jacking the prices this season when we know it is a reserve team during the RwC and the 6N is to be honest.

Yep, but that doesn't excuse errors like overthrowing a line-out on their 5 metre line and Weir kicking it dead when he was going for touch.

Absolutely agree - they would also come under poor game management, my wording probably didn't show that.

Fitzgibbon blatantly caught cheating on the mic there - blew for a mark, Weir dropped it, he gave a scrum and claimed he had blown for a scrum.

Absolutely agree - they would also come under poor game management, my wording probably didn't show that.

Fitzgibbon blatantly caught cheating on the mic there - blew for a mark, Weir dropped it, he gave a scrum and claimed he had blown for a scrum.

Yep, Weir dropped the fecking thing because he decided to call for the mark too late. Ref is having a mare, he seems to be getting more calls from the touch judges than he hus seeing himself.