What Are You Drinking ?

12 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Is your mouth to the left of that picture?

F*ck knows why this happens to my uploads. From my phone I can only do pictures as an attachment and they come out fucking sideways. 

The Isla Negra wines are excellent. Used to get it from Tesco when they delivered by the case. Shame they no longer do.
Agreed the isla negra range of whites are exceptional value. Sauvignon blanc the best imo. Used to do it as a reserva which I dont think was the tesco/asda version. Prices are amazing compared to the other new world stuff that travels 1000s of miles.

Alongside my coffee machine my finest household investment. Made by a british company called caple and I got an ex demo unit for buttons from them on their ebay shop. Cost me less than getting a howdens plastic bottle holder.20200501_195252.jpeg20200501_195446.jpeg

Just now, superbigal said:

Alongside my coffee machine my finest household investment. Made by a british company called caple and I got an ex demo unit for buttons from them on their ebay shop. Cost me less than getting a howdens plastic bottle holder.20200501_195252.jpeg20200501_195446.jpeg

That is what they call, the business.

Anyway, Zoider.

5 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Lot's of people seem to go for Malbec.

Unless I'm drinking with people who know wine then I go for Chianti if I want red and Chablis if I want white. I know I like these two.

I just stumbled upon what I like. I used to drink more Rioja but I’d get a brutal hangover with it. I find Malbec similarly rich and smooth but generally don’t get the same crushing, migraine hangover.

One of my workmates, who went through a terrible alcoholism stage, swore by a Portuguese Malbec from Aldi or Lidl which apparently didn’t give you a hangover. He was drinking 2 bottles of it and 4 cans of beer a night at the time though, which always makes me feel better about my functioning semi- alcoholism! He’s now tee-total thank goodness.

23 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Lot's of people seem to go for Malbec.

Unless I'm drinking with people who know wine then I go for Chianti if I want red and Chablis if I want white. I know I like these two.

I like a Chablis but the missus thinks it’s too dry.

The dryness of the Chablis wins it for me, a hot day and cold Chablis, salad or something light. Nice bit of fish.

I don't think I've had a Rioja I've really enjoyed. Probably because I have just tried cheap stuff but Chianti and steak. My mum used to send me a bottle for my birthday, always had it with steak. Quality combination.

There are so many grapes, so many wines. I'd like to learn about it, I'd be willing to take a wine tasting course but it is interesting to see what people like.

The dryness of the Chablis wins it for me, a hot day and cold Chablis, salad or something light. Nice bit of fish.

I don't think I've had a Rioja I've really enjoyed. Probably because I have just tried cheap stuff but Chianti and steak. My mum used to send me a bottle for my birthday, always had it with steak. Quality combination.

There are so many grapes, so many wines. I'd like to learn about it, I'd be willing to take a wine tasting course but it is interesting to see what people like.

I go (used to go given current circumstances) to a wine tasting group. We put money aside each month and meet up 3 or 4 times a year. It allows us to sample wines we would never buy as individuals based on cost. I’m absolutely no expert but there are loads to learn from others in a group of keen wine drinkers. There are so many great wines out there. I can recommend the Wine Society. Some brilliant wines at very decent prices but access to high end stuff should you wish. Just a few ideas and loads of other opportunity. The Vivino app allows you to take a photo of a wine before you buy and gives great feedback. Anyway enjoy your wines. [emoji485][emoji41]

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I don't think I've had a Rioja I've really enjoyed. Probably because I have just tried cheap stuff but Chianti and steak.

I stumbled upon this stuff - 

2004 Lagunilla Rioja Reserva, Spain, La Rioja, Rioja - CellarTracker

Absolutely glorious. About £10 a bottle from supermarkets here but I (happily) paid £30 in a Madrid restaurant. Reminds me of a good quality Mouton Cadet.

However, when I went to Morrisons this week they didn't have it any more! Going to have to find it somewhere because it's honestly lush. 

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I stumbled upon this stuff - 

2004 Lagunilla Rioja Reserva, Spain, La Rioja, Rioja - CellarTracker

Absolutely glorious. About £10 a bottle from supermarkets here but I (happily) paid £30 in a Madrid restaurant. Reminds me of a good quality Mouton Cadet.

However, when I went to Morrisons this week they didn't have it any more! Going to have to find it somewhere because it's honestly lush. 

Morrison’s is the only supermarket I’ve seen it in.  It’s a very palatable Rioja.  I’ve tried the Gran Reserve too but it’s not worth the additional cost.