What Are You Drinking ?

I've only had Drambuie a couple of times and not recently so can't really compare though some of the booze review sites suggest that its quality has dropped. Glayva is delicious and is discounted quite frequently as well, Lidl tend to stock it out of the blue for a tenner while it lasts.

54 minutes ago, German Jag said:

If in Köln and drinking Kölsch, then Gaffel always seems to be the one I end up drinking. As you say certainly drinkable.

Main gripe with Kölsch is the pissy wee 200ml glasses. 

The first time I went to the fatherland I was in Cologne. When I ordered a beer the barman asked if I wanted a small or large. I asked for large expecting one of those huge Bavarian steins. Imagine my dismay when he handed over a tiny test tube of Kolsch.

It is fucking lovely stuff though. Sion and Fruh are the brands that I remember. TBH the small glasses are fine as they just keep pouring them so you're never really waiting for another.

Anyway, right now I'm sipping away at a bottle of Guinness West Indies Porter. I'm not a fan of their usual shit but this is quite nice.

On 17/06/2020 at 18:27, MixuFruit said:

I was a bit unsure at first as you can get good bottled beer for much less but the taste is so much closer to a pub pint, worth every penny even if I feel like a bit of a desperate alcy when I'm ripping the vent out with pliers to get at the stuff below the level of the tap.

just cracked in to one of these from Harvey's - hafta say, the 'pulled pub pint' feel is pretty much spot on - what a time to be alive !

Does no one drink from a glass? Or are they pouring after they've posted a photo? Genuinely intrigued by this. 
I drink any craft type ales I am having from a glass. If it's a bottle of corona or a can of glorious T then a glass is not required

On 16/06/2020 at 15:55, Bairnardo said:

beer52.com/SC7 for a free first case of 8 (5.95 p&p tbf)

I've just signed up for that. I went for a mixed case of light and dark beers.

It says I need to wait 24 hours before cancelling the subscription. I'll get on that tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've just signed up for that. I went for a mixed case of light and dark beers.
It says I need to wait 24 hours before cancelling the subscription. I'll get on that tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up.
Mine still hasnt fucking arrived

4 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Does no one drink from a glass? Or are they pouring after they've posted a photo? Genuinely intrigued by this. 

I only drink from the can in the shower but I wouldn’t be posting pictures of that. Shower beer after a long cycle is glorious.

4 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

I intend to invest in some proper beer glasses when i move into my new flat. Only ones I currently have are useless for beer

Edited by Turkmenbashi