What Are You Drinking ?

6 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It's nice to experiment but whisky is better.

We win this one. cognac is a challenge but whisky wins, usually.

If you're easily paying £70-100 a bottle for it, it should be. Other spirits like rum have got a much better quality:cost ratio going on which makes them the wise man's choice for casual drinking.

36 minutes ago, virginton said:

Where are these sold? I can imagine that a spiced rum would work quite well with that.

Asda have got all the varieties. The smoky one works better with a dark rum. You'll be after the woody version for a spiced rum.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/mixers/coca-cola-signature-mixers-woody-glass-bottle/1000135423946

3 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Asda have got all the varieties. The smoky one works better with a dark rum. You'll be after the woody version for a spiced rum.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/mixers/coca-cola-signature-mixers-woody-glass-bottle/1000135423946

I've recently come to the conclusion that cola spoils any drink it's poured into. 

There. I've said it!

I rarely ever drink beer anymore, in my 40s now and, truth be told it bags me up too much, don't mind the odd Peroni or Super Bock occasionally but simply can't drink anymore than two on a night out or a football sesh etc, much prefer a fruit cider followed by several Southern Comfort and Lemonades, the latter being my standard tipple or, when the mood takes me a nice Rose wine.

On Euro trips watching Celtic though, depending where you are Southern Comfort isn't always available in certain places, in Rome last year a mate suggested trying a Bacardi or a Havana Club rum, the latter I really grew a taste for and am glad I discovered it, a quite magnificent tipple with Coke/Diet Coke which I am currently sipping away at, glorious, Viva Fidel 😎🇨🇺🇨🇺🇨🇺

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

If you're easily paying £70-100 a bottle for it, it should be. Other spirits like rum have got a much better quality:cost ratio going on which makes them the wise man's choice for casual drinking.

They are trying to promote rum now by age. Don't know if folk will buy into it, might be happening now.

23 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Is that the black or the clear version of Havana Club?

Havana 3 Year Old is 'clear' (slight tint): 7 Year Old is black; Especial is in between the two and the perfect all-rounder for a Cuba libre.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Havana 3 Year Old is 'clear' (slight tint): 7 Year Old is black; Especial is in between the two and the perfect all-rounder for a Cuba libre.

Yeah the bourbon coloured one is the one I'm currently quafing, have seen the black one in supermarkets but never tried it, only seen the clear one in pubs and, truth be told unlikely to be sampling that anytime soon for obvious reasons, never seen it in a shop.

I rarely ever drink beer anymore, in my 40s now and, truth be told it bags me up too much, don't mind the odd Peroni or Super Bock occasionally but simply can't drink anymore than two on a night out or a football sesh etc, much prefer a fruit cider followed by several Southern Comfort and Lemonades, the latter being my standard tipple or, when the mood takes me a nice Rose wine.
On Euro trips watching Celtic though, depending where you are Southern Comfort isn't always available in certain places, in Rome last year a mate suggested trying a Bacardi or a Havana Club rum, the latter I really grew a taste for and am glad I discovered it, a quite magnificent tipple with Coke/Diet Coke which I am currently sipping away at, glorious, Viva Fidel [emoji41][emoji1083][emoji1083][emoji1083]
Comrade Castro would not approve of Bacardi. You dont get it in Cuba because they are capitalist pigs. Havana Club is the correct choice for the revolutionary.

Also, in Cuba when they make a mojito they make it with Havana 3 then once it's ready they top it off with a wee dash of the really dark stuff. 7 or maybe 9. It's an absolute delight.

Also again, if like me you want to crack on about being an expert in all things Cuba despite knowing very little, go with "Vas Bien Fidel". Not my words but the words of Revolutionary hero Camilo Cienfuegos.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:
Five o'clock somewhere. Get torn in!

A fantastic song and sentiment. A short drive is required in the next hour then I will be having the first one.

Correct answer. The world needs good guys.