What Are You Drinking ?

For some reason decided not to buy any take home beer in February although did have some elsewhere, 3 in total. It’s now March and first purchase of the month is Swell Lager. Described as a new world lager at 4.5%. It’s slightly cloudy, doesn’t taste like a typical Aussie lager, in that it does have a swell taste. Would drink again, in fact I will as still have 3 to go. Swell Brewery is one of several breweries in or near McLaren Vale wine region south of Adelaide. Web photo.

image.jpeg.fb046940624aed5dfbc98e60994b6f12.jpeg

Edited by Eednud

Don't know if anyone saw it, but goose Island are doing a creme egg stout in collaboration with Cadburys to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the creme egg. Hmmm...

18 hours ago, philpy said:

Don't know if anyone saw it, but goose Island are doing a creme egg stout in collaboration with Cadburys to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the creme egg. Hmmm...

These sold out in 20 seconds this morning. I didn't get any unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

These sold out in 20 seconds this morning. I didn't get any unfortunately.

Completely forgot about it 😂. Although to be fair, might have dodged a bullet. Sounded intriguing, might have been too sweet though I think.

Tennents alcohol free beer, too hoppy to be branded as the famous T.
I'd tried a few different brands of alcohol free beers over the last few weeks before the wife gave birth and have to say that Tennents was easily the worst I tried (and I enjoy a pint of the real stuff).
The Estrella Damm was prob the best stuff or Adnams Ghost Ship if you like more of a craft beer.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

I'd tried a few different brands of alcohol free beers over the last few weeks before the wife gave birth and have to say that Tennents was easily the worst I tried (and I enjoy a pint of the real stuff).
The Estrella Damm was prob the best stuff or Adnams Ghost Ship if you like more of a craft beer.

Estella is I would agree the best one also Bavaria 0.0 is good. 

They have put "hop extract" in the Tennents one which seems odd as the real stuff isn't hoppy at all.

Estella is I would agree the best one also Bavaria 0.0 is good. 
They have put "hop extract" in the Tennents one which seems odd as the real stuff isn't hoppy at all.
A lot of breweries use hop extract rather than real hops. I dont know if they do it for standard vitamin T, but commercially speaking, how extract is widespread even in lagers that arent hoppy at all.

Edit to explain better having re read that.... Hop extract doesnt have to mean hoppy, they just chose a cheaper product. Think vanilla essence versus vanilla beans or ground coffee versus instant.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

A lot of breweries use hop extract rather than real hops. I dont know if they do it for standard vitamin T, but commercially speaking, how extract is widespread even in lagers that arent hoppy at all.

Edit to explain better having re read that.... Hop extract doesnt have to mean hoppy, they just chose a cheaper product. Think vanilla essence versus vanilla beans or ground coffee versus instant.

Ah thanks that's a useful explanation I will check a can of the real stuff and report back but I was hoping considering how long it took them to get a 0% version on the market that they had cracked it, sadly not