What Are You Drinking ?

Quel Vin (formerly Oddbins) just next to the Kelvinbridge.

Teckle place if you're into trying different beers,

I made a trip in there yesterday. About the only Williams Bros. beer they didnt have was the Kelpie one. Still I bought a selection, had some last night but am saving the best for tonight. Namely Profanity Stout and Vital Spark:

I made a trip in there yesterday. About the only Williams Bros. beer they didnt have was the Kelpie one. Still I bought a selection, had some last night but am saving the best for tonight. Namely Profanity Stout and Vital Spark:

Actually had a bottle of Vital Spark last night. Was darker than I expected though more a very dark ruby as opposed to being totally black.

Nice enough coffee sorta vibe with it.

Going to have a look in The Cave today as apparently they've got a decent selection. It's just a couple of mins from Quel Vin. Up the steps from Kelvinbridge subway but turn right instead. Fancying some Williams Black as saw a decent review of that. Also after Youngs Double Chocolate Stout.

*edit

The Historic Ales gift pack is decent.£7.95 for 4 bottles and they're all slightly more unusual beers. Imagine there will be someplace in Glasgow that does them. The Kelpie stuff is lovely and certainly worth trying if you like dark beers.

Edited by Derek Patterson

Actually had a bottle of Vital Spark last night. Was darker than I expected though more a very dark ruby as opposed to being totally black.

Nice enough coffee sorta vibe with it.

Going to have a look in The Cave today as apparently they've got a decent selection. It's just a couple of mins from Quel Vin. Up the steps from Kelvinbridge subway but turn right instead. Fancying some Williams Black as saw a decent review of that. Also after Youngs Double Chocolate Stout.

*edit

The Historic Ales gift pack is decent.£7.95 for 4 bottles and they're all slightly more unusual beers. Imagine there will be someplace in Glasgow that does them. The Kelpie stuff is lovely and certainly worth trying if you like dark beers.

Just drank the two of them. Vital Spark was close to perfect IMO. Profanity Stout not the best of stouts. Decent but not great. I would have preferred March of the Penguins or Old Engine Oil to be honest.

Just drank the two of them. Vital Spark was close to perfect IMO. Profanity Stout not the best of stouts. Decent but not great. I would have preferred March of the Penguins or Old Engine Oil to be honest.

Nipped into The Cave today and got these ones. They've got the Kelpie there. All Williams Bros beers are £1.60. Tremendous value.

post-22047-0-46488100-1345400739_thumb.j

Edited by Derek Patterson