What Are You Drinking ?

1 hour ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Only started seeing this stuff in the shops recently

IMG_0533.jpg

Sheesh! Terrible attempt to disguise a bland lager brewed in Burton in England as a premium Spanish lager and most of the Spanish ones are nowhere near premium. Fooling a few to be honest. A restaurant I follow has been waxing lyrical about their new Spanish craft beer...FFS!

Sheesh! Terrible attempt to disguise a bland lager brewed in Burton in England as a premium Spanish lager and most of the Spanish ones are nowhere near premium. Fooling a few to be honest. A restaurant I follow has been waxing lyrical about their new Spanish craft beer...FFS!

My pal was saying that a few folk had rated it really highly but it was just fine imo. It’s a sort of beer that non beer drinkers could probably enjoy

1 minute ago, lochgellyPAR said:

My pal was saying that a few folk had rated it really highly but it was just fine imo. It’s a sort of beer that non beer drinkers could probably enjoy

Haven't tried it mate, and it's not the sort of thing I would drink.

My problem is that they're trying to sell it as a premium Spanish lager...it isn't, but going by the publicity loads of folk will buy it. 

Each to their own.

16 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Picked this one up at the wee beer shop in Helensburgh - barrel-aged imperial stout collaboration between Up Front and a brewery in Kharkiv.

A fairly hefty 10% so I'll be leaving it for the weekend.

Up Front - Volodymyr - Whisky Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout - All proceeds to  Ukraine relief - Wee Beer Shop

Is that Ellie's Cellar? I've only been in once, but was very impressed with their selection and I'll need to make a return trip.

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Is that Ellie's Cellar? I've only been in once, but was very impressed with their selection and I'll need to make a return trip.

No, it's a new one I hadn't noticed before, although that being said I hadn't been there in quite a while. It's just called the Helensburgh Bottle Shop on the left hand side of Sinclair St as you come out the station.

It's not got a huge stock, but there were a few interesting things...in some cases though they've fallen into that trap of stocking some core range stuff you could easily pick up in a decent sized supermarket.

Edited by Hillonearth