What Are You Drinking ?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I enjoyed it. Thought it was very good value for money. I love having a solid quality quaffer available. I don't think it's any better than that but the price I got it at I'd have no problem buying it again

Along the same lines as me. If you remember, I got it on the basis of a rave review by a whisky YouTuber. He made it his "whisky of the year". Not sure how he came up with that but for that money it's a good one. I've used it in cocktails which call for blended whisky where I would normally have had Monkey Shoulder and it holds up very well.

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Along the same lines as me. If you remember, I got it on the basis of a rave review by a whisky YouTuber. He made it his "whisky of the year". Not sure how he came up with that but for that money it's a good one. I've used it in cocktails which call for blended whisky where I would normally have had Monkey Shoulder and it holds up very well.

Passes my other test too which is an ABV of 46% or above. f**k paying for someone else's tap water 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Passes my other test too which is an ABV of 46% or above. f**k paying for someone else's tap water 

My boys give me a row for that all the time. They say I'm obsessed with high ABV but my uneducated whisky mind associates higher proof with more love and respect being given to the whisky by the distiller.

We must all be zythophiles as according to the back of this can a zythophile is a lover of beer. Was a bit wary about this one as I don’t mind a gin once in a while and I quite liked Donovan’s Jennifer Juniper plus when a wee lad anytime I was in Edinburgh and saw a bus going to Juniper Green that it sounded like an exotic place to visit. However, Juniper Aussie Wheat Beer didn’t sound like a good combination. It’s alright, can’t say it has any juniper flavour, it’s just an uncloudy wheat beer that a I’ve tried but wouldn’t buy again.

IMG_9741.jpeg