Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Liverpool & Notts Forest, the season Forest won the cup.

Both representing England. In the case above, Thun were representing Switzerland and Vaduz Liechtenstein, which is what makes it unusual.

On a slightly different note, I think their is only 3 European clubs that have won their respective championships and have not actually been members of that country. It's an old question, but keeps on popping up every now and again.

Derry

Monaco

On a slightly different note, I think their is only 3 European clubs that have won their respective championships and have not actually been members of that country. It's an old question, but keeps on popping up every now and again.

Celtic? :ph34r:

Edited by IainMorton

Went to the Macedonian Cup final tonight. Shkendika 2-0 Rabotnichki.

Turned up to the arena at 7.30 for the 8pm kick off. Thousands queuing at two ticket windows. Ten minutes later found out I needed ID to buy a ticket (explaining the lack of scalpers). Ran back to the hostel and picked up my Passport. Got back to the arena at 8.10. Queue had disappeared as had the folk selling tickets. Went up to the turnstile and they just let me in for free. Hopefully they sort it out before the UEFA Super Cup.

Missed the first goal, but Shkendija got another in the eight minutes of injury time. The game was stopped as Shkendija fans let off a few dozen flares then threw them into the toilet paper they'd thrown onto the running track below, starting a nice fire.

IMG_2357.jpg

Think I'll head to the FC Zürich v Vaduz game tomorrow after work.

FC Zürich are bottom of the league, a point behind Lugano. Need to win and hope Lugano drop points v St Gallen to stay up.

FCZ have a decent sized ultras group. Could be some fireworks(Literal and figurative) depending on how it goes.

I went to the Albanian Cup final on Sunday night, the last match before the Qemal Stafa stadium is demolished. It was a repeat of last season's final, Kukesi vs Laci, two teams from the north. There had been some violence at a game two weeks earlier so the police were extra vigilant.

I'd rate the quality as around League One level, maybe lower. A lot of poorly timed tackles and just as many dives. No leadership in either squad, no width, no creativity, no pace and no players making runs, as reflected in the solitary offside.

Kukesi opened the scoring in the second half but soon afterwards found themselves a man down after a dreadful tackle on the half way line which was rather unnecessary. They then played with ten behind the ball but for all of Laci's possession they were content to pass the ball around the edge of the box. As the ninety minutes arrived a good quarter of the Laci fans left the stadium despite only being a goal behind. In the third minute of added time the Kukesi keeper parried a mediocre shot onto the cross bar. As he struggled to judge its trajectory Aldo Mitraj nipped in and stroked it into the net. The remaining Laci fans went predictably bonkers and it was one of the best moments I've had watching football.

In extra time Kukesi again showed their superiority but soon both sides had expended their energy and the game was played at walking pace.

Laci hit the crossbar with their initial penalty in the shootout. The next eight were all scored, earning Kukesi a deserved 1-1 (5-3) victory.

Over the course fifty or so flares and bangers were thrown at the policemen stewarding pitchside. Thirty riot police also attended as well as five pairs on motorbikes. I was in with the Laci fans, who were slightly outnumbered by those from Kukesi. One chant of note was "Kukesi, kukesi, te qifsha motren!" which roughly translates to "Kukesi, Kukesi, we're going to f**k your sisters!".

Neither team would trouble a Scots side in Europe next season, even Hibs shouldn't be worried. It was a great experience though. Worse quality than the Macedonian final and no €80,000 damage to the stadium but a warm evening under the stars in good company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmx1Nifrc8

Edited by DiegoDiego

Went to the Macedonian Cup final tonight. Shkendika 2-0 Rabotnichki.

Turned up to the arena at 7.30 for the 8pm kick off. Thousands queuing at two ticket windows. Ten minutes later found out I needed ID to buy a ticket (explaining the lack of scalpers). Ran back to the hostel and picked up my Passport. Got back to the arena at 8.10. Queue had disappeared as had the folk selling tickets. Went up to the turnstile and they just let me in for free. Hopefully they sort it out before the UEFA Super Cup.

Missed the first goal, but Shkendija got another in the eight minutes of injury time. The game was stopped as Shkendija fans let off a few dozen flares then threw them into the toilet paper they'd thrown onto the running track below, starting a nice fire.

Are You based in the Balkans, then?

Are You based in the Balkans, then?

Nope, I live in Denmark but I'm a traveller by heart and a writer by scraps. I'd been through the Balkans in 2007 but fairly swiftly. Now I've scanned every state in Europe I'm starting to go back and learn more about the places that interested me. So now I'm on a month's trip in and out of Skopje with my main focus on Albania. There the people are beautiful, friendly and legally bound to avenge my death should I be murdered whilst their guest.

Nope, I live in Denmark but I'm a traveller by heart and a writer by scraps. I'd been through the Balkans in 2007 but fairly swiftly. Now I've scanned every state in Europe I'm starting to go back and learn more about the places that interested me. So now I'm on a month's trip in and out of Skopje with my main focus on Albania. There the people are beautiful, friendly and legally bound to avenge my death should I be murdered whilst their guest.

Do they still obsess about Norman Wisdom?

Do they still obsess about Norman Wisdom?

Disappointingly not. In Serbia there is a curious level of interest in Only Fools And Horses though. Lots of interesting stuff going on in Albania though. I'll be heading to the north soon where ancient practices like blood feud are more prevalent. It's comforting to know that if I'm murdered my death will be avenged by the guesthouse owner.

Disappointingly not. In Serbia there is a curious level of interest in Only Fools And Horses though. Lots of interesting stuff going on in Albania though. I'll be heading to the north soon where ancient practices like blood feud are more prevalent. It's comforting to know that if I'm murdered my death will be avenged by the guesthouse owner.

I work with an Albino. As long as you don't get too close you'll be fine. Their aim is terrible.

Well, FC Zurich won 3-1 but went down as a result of Lugano winning 3-0 at home to St Gallen.

Was a very strange atmosphere, up until Lugano scored their 3rd and news came through of it the place was still bouncing.

Players decided not to do the usual thing over here at full time, and did not come over to the ultras to take the abuse they merited for the season they have had. Right now they are probably wishing they had because a good hundred or so of the ultras got on the park and down the tunnel. As of about 15 minutes ago the players were barricaded into the dressing room and security were fighting a losing battle.

Looking forward to the papers in the morning to see if Rangers have released a statement on it.

How good is your Danish?