Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

We are going to Budapest via Bratislava on Sunday and 'I'm' hoping to fit in a game. There are a few games on in Budapest but will probably settle for a game in Bratislava as we travel back the following sunday and our flight is fairly early. Wonder how I'll talk the missus into the delights of Slovan Bratislava V Tatran Presov?

There are very few good reasons to visit Slovan's ground itself, as it's a slightly less shit version of Central Park, and so most of the old fanbase don't show up for matches there. On the other hand you can get a klobasa or 'gypsy' pork sandwich with a pint of beer for three euros or something inside the ground and while the football is low-end SPL stuff, entry in the 'cheap' sections is four euros. 

The tram stop (rutes 2 and 4) for the ground is Polus City Center, which is the name of the huge shopping mall right next to the ground, so there's that alternative. The next stop along on the tram route (or less than five minutes walk) is a decent city park with lots of places for a good pint in the sunshine. 

On 07/09/2016 at 16:38, Andy_AUFC said:

Planning on going to an Espanyol game in October. Was looking at Viagogo for tickets, but it seemed abit steep.

Anyone who has experience of doing this kind of shenanigans know of a better way to get tickets?

Espanyol moved to a new 40K capacity stadium in 2009, so unless it's a big game, you shouldn't have much too bother getting tickets from them direct. Whenever I've seen them on TV there have been plenty empty seats.

Went to Aarau v Le Man on Saturday evening. 2-1 win for Aarau. Solid enough start to the new season, 14 points from 21 so far and sitting third which is where I would have placed them at the start of the year. Swiss Cup next weekend which I will miss, but the following week they are home to FC Zürich who look like running away with the division, as was widely expected. Expecting a decent turn out for that one and my ticket is already bought.

Edited by Ross.

On 7 September 2016 at 15:11, The Mantis said:

Going to Iceland next tuesday and hope to make it to a game at this place

northstand1.jpg

Damn. I'm here in Vestmannaeyjar and tonight's game is off. Had torrential rain all night and most of today but it's a 3G surface, I'll wander up later and have a look at the park.

at least I should be able to see a couple of games back on the mainland at the weekend

Edit - yay! Just been up at the stadium. Stjarnan couldn't get over due to the weather disrupting the ferry. Game goes ahead tomorrow 1645. 

Edited by The Mantis

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

In the big smoke for the weekend and went to Kelvedon Hatch 3 May & Baker EC 3 in the Essex Olympian League ... bit of a rammy in the second half which was quite interesting stood right between the two dug outs :lol: 

What was the ground like? I'm reporting you to the ground hoppers union, if you were standing at a public park.

I've got a couple lined up next week. I'll pick Ryman League one for Tuesday and probably go to a SECL game on Wednesday. If bet365 is kind in the meantime I might think about the Hammers v. Accrington.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What was the ground like? I'm reporting you to the ground hoppers union, if you were standing at a public park.

I've got a couple lined up next week. I'll pick Ryman League one for Tuesday and probably go to a SECL game on Wednesday. If bet365 is kind in the meantime I might think about the Hammers v. Accrington.

You better check there are no FA Cup replays likely to stuff up your plans

What was the crowd like?

Stadium was about half full so roughly 25000 were there. It was live on tv so no doubt that kept the numbers down too.

But generally good natured and a pretty quiet atmosphere until the first goal, and then lots of singing and dancing which continued until the end. The stadium was so big and open it was hard to create any kind of unifying atmosphere though and even the two brass bands directly across from me were hard to hear.

6d0cfaec90ae6df74fe702c664361d6b.jpg

Aarau v FC Zürich next Sunday. Probably be close to a sell out for what, even this early in the season, is a must win game for Aarau if they are to have any chance of promotion. I was hoping the game would be off the back of an FCZ Euro tie and they would be knackered, but they got lucky and only had to worry about a cup game against a part time side instead.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ha ha please don't tell them. It's just a walk along the road from my in laws so been there quite a few times over the years. Roped off public park although not room for much else other than a play park. They've got a small clubhouse and bar at tennis club next door. Worth a visit.