Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What did you make of Portland Road, Rab? I went to see Town v Birmingham a few seasons back. It had a nice old-school feel about it I thought, although the seats were a bit short on leg room due to the age of the stand (I was in the same stand as you but in the upper section).

I thought it was great Salvo like you say a real old school feel to it. Really easy to get in and out of. I went for thr cheaper seats down the front and it was good view. Wouldn't like to sit there on a wet day mind :lol: 

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 09:51, The Mantis said:

Looking for any feedback about Lisbon. Going there mid January. Looks like Cova da Piedade on Sat 14th. Sun 15th both Benfica and Belenenses are at home at the same time. Could go to Belenenses and just do a stadium tour at Benfica. Benfica v Boavista or Belenenses v Rio Ave... also I'm sure I read somewhere that somebody got refused entry to Belenenses with just a simple compact camera (mind you my phone would probably do).

the fixtures are out

benfica-boavista is Saturday(unfortunately for me)1600,gutted ill be missing that. you've also got a derby of sorts in the segunda,cova piadade-benfica II,thats just on the other side of the river across the main bridge at 1115 on the saturday

hopefully catch belenenses-rio ave,sunday 2015 and oriental lisboa-loures sunday 1500

and ive just noticed,on Wednesday 18th is the cup quarter final between benfica and leixoes,so I will make the stadio de luz for a game after all:)

Edited by highlandcowden

4 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

the fixtures are out

benfica-boavista is Saturday(unfortunately for me)1600,gutted ill be missing that. you've also got a derby of sorts in the segunda,cova piadade-benfica II,thats just on the other side of the river across the main bridge at 1115 on the saturday

hopefully catch belenenses-rio ave,sunday 2015 and oriental lisboa-loures sunday 1500

and ive just noticed,on Wednesday 18th is the cup quarter final between benfica and leixoes,so I will make the stadio de luz for a game after all:)

Cheers for that, haven't been paying attention recently, quite a change in fixtures. We're going thurs 12th for a week so it's just a case of what Mrs Mantis will put up with :lol:

4 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Cheers for that, haven't been paying attention recently, quite a change in fixtures. We're going thurs 12th for a week so it's just a case of what Mrs Mantis will put up with :lol:

She'll be a battle hardened footy fan by the time the weeks out!

Going to Werden Bremen v Monchengladbach and St Pauli v Dynamo Dresden early February. Staying in Hamburg, a great city. Been on a good few boys football weekends to Germany over the years and always really good. Best atmosphere definately when we were in Cologne. 

Should have added, best day out we've had is in Bremen 5 years ago when we met a load I'd Bremen fans and had a brilliant laugh with them over a few beers. They were taking the piss in a pub cause they thought we were English, but when they realised we were Scottish after a few minutes they were really apologetic and we got into a day time mega drinking session which was a real laugh. 

Bochum was great too. Was there a couple of years ago. Good B2 game and a real good laugh with some locals in the town centre afterwards. Germany's great. 

On 1/2/2017 at 23:24, sydney said:

Going to Werden Bremen v Monchengladbach and St Pauli v Dynamo Dresden early February. Staying in Hamburg, a great city. Been on a good few boys football weekends to Germany over the years and always really good. Best atmosphere definately when we were in Cologne. 

Have you already got tickets for the St. Pauli / Dresden game?

Had checked the St Pauli site regarding this game (couple of mates over for a stag-do).

Web-site showing up as sold-out, plus the viagogo prices are way high!

16 hours ago, German Jag said:

Have you already got tickets for the St. Pauli / Dresden game?

Had checked the St Pauli site regarding this game (couple of mates over for a stag-do).

Web-site showing up as sold-out, plus the viagogo prices are way high!

Yes, got the St Pauli tickets GJ. Got to be very quick off the mark with these as only a few hundred go on public sale and they tender to be snapped up quickly. We just checked every day after the tickets went on sale to members until they went on public sale and managed to get 6. They limit sales to two per person so three of us had to register and sync our purchasing to buy tickets in the same section. Two or three days later, tickets were sold out.

Viagogo prices are crazy considering they at the bottom of B2.

49 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Went to Pollok v Auchinleck on Saturday and probably going to Yoker v Clydebank this weekend. Never been to Holm Park before despite it being the closest ground to where I've lived my whole life.

You'll not need any warning of the low flying planes then ... :)