Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

9 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Was at the Nou Camp tonight for the cup game against Real Sociadad. 5-2 to Barca, plenty of goals for my 22€! Had cracking seats down a few rows up from the corner flag next to their "Nord Kurve" whatever the f**k they call it. 

Cracking experience, far too many tourists watching the game on their phones... don't get that at all like

Are you boasting about being a tourist at the football while complaining about tourists at the football?

9 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Aye mate haha! It was obvious as soon as I walked into the stand a seen flags of Tunisia, Turkey, Honduras, Ecuador and Columbia in the space of 30 seconds haha! Was sat next to a Korean lad as well. It was a bit strange as for example when I go to Gladbach it's just full of Gladbach fans and the atmosphere that goes with it, obviously Barca being a big tourist city and the football team being a global household name you're always going to get a large amount of tourists, pretty much the reason why I went so a bit hypocritical aye, just was more looking for a "local feeling" if you know what I mean.

The whole phone thing does my box in, it's not just tourists and it's not just football fans. At the penalty last night I was literally the only one in my section who didn't film it, I like to live for the moment and enjoy it, there's highlights on TV later on for watching it again.

I get what you are saying, but it's hard to see how it will change. Plenty on here would fit the description of "Football tourists" and the money they bring into the game is massive and will not be chased away. I was at in Rotterdam last year at a game with my brother and a mate, we had tickets in the home end but what was largely the "Tourist section". Opposition scored and some neutral applauded what was a great strike, only to get pelted with a mostly full plastic tumbler and have some disgruntled local charge 20 yards to have a go at him. Was probably the most exciting thing to happen in the game.

Barca can probably afford to keep the tourists coming in without pissing off the home support too much, simply because of the size of the stadium. It's relatively easy to punt a few thousand tickets to anyone who wants them when you know there will be 30000 odd empty seats anyway. The fact that they are relatively cheap there also means the locals aren't being priced out the game. In other places though the tickets are sold on either by locals on the make, or by clubs who don't care who pays for the ticket as long as they are willing to pay top dollar. That element is the problem.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where'd you finish up Rab? Seen that was off.

It was very wet in the North West Sarge ... plan B was Prescot Cables v Lancaster it was off, so was St Helens and Skem so we headed to Widnes v AFC Blackpool on the 3G at rugby league stadium. The home side thrashed them 7-0! 

On 01/02/2017 at 20:59, Sergeant Wilson said:

I suspected you weren't fussy.

Watch any old rubbish. It was a pretty good game. Not a bad atmosphere for a small ground. 

IMG_2362.PNG

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Took Mrs Mantis to Newcastle for a couple of nights. Managed to sneak away to Benfield v South Shields 1-2, a great cup tie, League Cup 1/4 final in the pishing rain, 2 red cards and 2 pens, 1 missed. Shields play in Whitehill Welfare strips :lol:

IMG_1928.thumb.jpg.f1bf33a665fc5e04b6d3a806a55b7fd1.jpgIMG_1923.thumb.jpg.49f496fd3456be527b45b73d20e88d50.jpgP1030746.thumb.jpg.f387f3bda79a62b4d23b7d390a16a4c5.jpg

Local derby yesterday with Aarau away to Wohlen. Managed to miss the Wohlen goal as there was a fair queue to get in and they scored in the 3rd minute. Finished 2-1 to Aarau and I won a few quid having bet on the in play at a goal down.

Set up at Wohlen is quite tidy. One decent sized stand and then terracing round the rest. Could maybe do with raising the terracing slightly, as there is only one step up from the concrete path round the park, making it a fairly poor view when the ball went beyond the halfway line. All in it was a good performance and should have been more comfortable, despite Wohlen having a few chances in the last 10 minutes.

Next up is Le Mont at home on Saturday. First 5:45pm Saturday kick off in quite a while, which means I will probably be absolutely hammered by 5pm.

On 2/12/2017 at 11:45, Rab B Nesbit said:

Managed a wee triple header yesterday ... 

First up at 12.15pm in the National League Gateshead came from a goal down to win 2-1 at Chester ... 

IMG_2615.PNG

Three countries before lunch time too!