Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Heaton Stannington 4-1 Bedlington Terriers tonight. Great wee club cheap entry cheap food  cheap beer 3 real ales on tap. The Northern League very strict they've got teams playing 4 or 5 games a week to finish on time :o

DSC_1271.JPG

Good one Newky. The Northern League is great. 

Heaton Stannington 4-1 Bedlington Terriers tonight. Great wee club cheap entry cheap food  cheap beer 3 real ales on tap. The Northern League very strict they've got teams playing 4 or 5 games a week to finish on time :o

DSC_1271.JPG

Once watched Heaton Stannington play in the Northern Alliance before any of that cover was there. No sign of ambition at the time. Pleasing to see them growing bigger.

DSC_1271.JPG

Might have a wee surprise this summer Newky ;)

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Once watched Heaton Stannington play in the Northern Alliance before any of that cover was there. No sign of ambition at the time. Pleasing to see them growing bigger.

They're doing ok as well. Were  up there for promotion this season but playing loads games in short space of time has cost them I think. They've still 11 games to go this season within aboot 20 odd days. 

Decent enough wee ground set no too far from the Freeman hospital. I think they make a few quid charging the staff a few quid less in parking fees allowing them to use the ground. 

Crowds of around 100, plenty volunteers  and decent social club  activities keep the club going. 

At The (Fred) West Riding cup final. Selby Town v Farsley Celtic. Celtic winning 1-0 at HT. Played at the Yorkshire FA HQ, nice set up. Pictures may follow, but Coast to Coast IPA £3.00 a pint, I  might forget.

Eta. It was 2-0 at ht. I missed the "traditional" goal while I was at the toilet.

Eta 4-0 when  I left, finished 4-1. Missed the early train I was going for and was forced into a quick pint in the Midland Hotel.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

They're doing ok as well. Were  up there for promotion this season but playing loads games in short space of time has cost them I think. They've still 11 games to go this season within aboot 20 odd days. 

Decent enough wee ground set no too far from the Freeman hospital. I think they make a few quid charging the staff a few quid less in parking fees allowing them to use the ground. 

Crowds of around 100, plenty volunteers  and decent social club  activities keep the club going. 

Good wee pre-season friendly for you at the Stan NB looking forward to that one they were great visitors to Rosewell last year. 

42 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That would be a fantastic ground for most of our bottom two leagues - and a few from leagues above that. A wee stand, some terraces and most of it under cover. Very nice.

I hadn’t checked what it was like and just turned up to be pleasantly surprised ! Looking into it this morning it holds 6000. It is starting look a wee bit run down and I imagine is very underused. Only a crowd of 216 yesterday. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keys_Park

10 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Don't suppose anyone on here has ever been to a Legia Warsaw game? I'll be there on Friday night by myself but have heard mixed reviews about how receptive the crowd are to Brits. I'll be leaving my Celtic scarf at home.

never been to legia but ive been to games in Poland.

get your ticket well in advance, youll need your passport,dont leave it till the last minute on the day as it takes time. when youre getting the ticket tell the seller, if they haven't guessed already, youre a tourist and you don't want in with the ultras(you don't-at best youll feel very uncomfortable or itll be made very clear to you youre unwelcome,be wary of where you drink pre/post game too)-generally speaking the more expensive the safer the area. The game will be an experience and youll love the spectacle if not the footy

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Fenerbahçe 4-1 Antalyaspor.

Lovely evening with plenty of songs about throwing coins at Șenil Guneș while claiming to be the victims. Reminiscent of certain Scottish clubs.

IMG_20180423_195239.jpgIMG_20180424_095724.jpg

love to get to a fenerbahce game,how easys getting tickets?

7 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

love to get to a fenerbahce game,how easys getting tickets?

It's both easy and difficult. I'll explain:

To buy tickets for any game in the top two leagues you need to get a PassoLig card. You can order this online after uploading a photo, entering your passport number and paying a fiver or so. You choose a stadium to pick your card up from. Once you have your card you load money on to it (it's technically a MasterCard) and buy tickets through the app, website or at some kiosks. When you go to the game they scan your card. No need for physical tickets.

When you get a card you can designate it to be a card of a certain team. So you can have a Fenerbahce card, a Besiktas card, or you can have a general card with no affiliation. Tickets go on sale five days before the game. The first four days of the sale fans can only buy tickets if their card is for one of the two teams. A day before the game sales are open to fans with general cards or cards of other teams.

It's actually a really good system and it makes the process of buying tickets and entering grounds very simple. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a hassle for tourists wanting to go to a one off game. If anyone's wanting to watch a game over here I can help you out.

From the Champions League semis to the Fife & Lothians Cup  3rd round in 24 hours  ... Edinburgh United 2 Thornton Hibs 2 (Thornton win 5-3 on pens) ... The home side lead and trail 2-1 before levelling. Thornton score all their penalties and progress. 

689C2F31-8F9B-42A2-94E6-83618D79235B.jpeg