Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

Made perfect sense and is very helpful, thanks very much!

No worries, a good tip is try using a laptop or a device with a bigger screen as it wouldn't allow me to enlarge the screen when selecting the seat ( that might be something to do with my phone though and I didn't have my glasses with me as I was out and about working ) I was in the north stand and even though it was sold out there were a few empty seats on the first couple of rows as a lot of folk liked to stand up against the fence pitch side, worth checking out the Giesinger Bräustüberl before which is a 5 minute walk from the stadium great beer and food, it's closed on Sundays though.

14 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Any tips on getting tickets? I'm in Munich later in the year when they're at home.

I got mine of a group on Facebook from a 1860 season ticket holder. The Dresden match would've been a harder game to get tickets for and had no general sale. 

28 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'm Planning on doing newtongrange star on 30th September,  I've seen the Dean tavern  mentioned for a pint, but can you get a pint at the social club at the ground??

Yes. Dean Tavern is always worth a visit, but the social club will also be open before the game. Save room for a steak & haggis pie at the Star!

8 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Yes. Dean Tavern is always worth a visit, but the social club will also be open before the game. Save room for a steak & haggis pie at the Star!

I'm actually thinking of nipping down to the pennypit instead now, just studied the buses to Nitten from wallyford, lot of fannying about. Means I'll get a pint at the goth, and if its a nice day I could walk down.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I'm actually thinking of nipping down to the pennypit instead now, just studied the buses to Nitten from wallyford, lot of fannying about. Means I'll get a pint at the goth, and if its a nice day I could walk down.

Nitten has a train station now and it's not that long a walk. 

Mind you a pint in the Pans Goth is not to be missed!

Broxburn Athletic 3 Lochee United 0

Scottish Cup 2nd qualifying round

Crowd - 320

Had initially planned to go to Stonehaven v Kirrie Thistle, but ended up on airport duty and this fitted in well. Sorry I didn't say hello Marten - I did wonder if you would be there but didn't see you. 

Made sure I got a pie before kick off... it was delicious, definitely one of the best. 

Competitive first half with Broxburn having the best chance. 0-0 at HT.

Broxburn scored twice early in the 2nd half and took control of the game. Lochee had some chances and were wrongly denied a penalty, only for Broxburn to score their 3rd almost immediately after. Enjoyable ground to visit. 

20230904_220901.jpg

20230904_220925.jpg

20230904_220959.jpg

20230904_221019.jpg

20230904_221038.jpg

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Nitten has a train station now and it's not that long a walk. 

Mind you a pint in the Pans Goth is not to be missed!

Aye, should have checked the trains first 😂😂. 44 from wallyford to brunstane, then train to nitten, only 1/2 mile from the Dean tavern.

Armadale Thistle 1-3 Kennoway Star Hearts

What better way is there to spend a Wednesday night than the East Second Division doon the Volly?

We have already been here last October and were more than happy to go back with the other localish options being Broadwood or Stirling 

This game was horrific for seventy minutes. Bit of a kit clash once the lights came on as well. A stick on 0-0 until Star scored. Opened up a fair bit after that to be fair. Dale will be very disappointed that their first League defeat of the season happened like this. Kennoway seem very competitive this year after coming down from the First last season.

The Volly is brilliant. Go if you haven't, donner pies and Mr Nilpferd wins a tenner in the half time draw. What's not to love?

20230906_200138.jpg

20230906_203234.jpg

20230906_203758.jpg

20230906_210838.jpg

A bit of random occurrence happened to us this evening. As it was a beautiful night we decided to go along to watch Dalkeith Thistle v Musselburgh Athletic under 20’s.  Dalkeith play their homes games at the Dalkeith High School astro cage.

We got there about 5 minutes before the 7.30 start to find the players coming off the pitch. Apparently a bit of the pitch had been vandalised overnight and the ref deemed it unplayable.  A bit of quick thinking, presumably a couple of phone calls, and it was arranged that they game could go ahead in the big team’s ground at King’s Park along the road.  

So a convoy of players, officials parents and supporters back in their cars and along to Dalkeith.  The game kicked off about half and hour late, and it was a really good game.  Musselburgh won 4-2, which was perhaps expected, but Dalkeith were ahead twice and gave a good account, were very dangerous on the break.  Decent crowd as well, counted around 70.  An enjoyable evening in a nice wee ground.

338CE524-3D83-4105-A198-1F0B9F675075.jpeg

1C0593A2-877E-4120-89C9-8B8D1A17A05C.jpeg

A0834CA1-FAA1-49E2-83B6-7FE7BA9B7C06.jpeg

E13E7350-1A16-4D04-BA98-9018EC83CEA9.jpeg

54EB08A9-2F0E-4B9A-BC38-0EF14C550FE3.jpeg

Adelaide University Reserves 3 East Adelaide Reserves 0 South Australian Amateur Soccer League Saturday Division 2. This Uni team usually play on a pitch beyond the horizon of the pic in the next post but as it was the last game of the season and the State League season is over the amateurs moved in. This game was the middle of 3 games between this sides.

ETA: The buildings you can see through the trees are part of Adelaide Zoo.

ETA(2): This was the first of 2 games not 3 as in this Division they only have reserve and 1st XI. The Uni 1st won 4-2. Uni Reserves finished 2nd out of 10, 5 pts behind top and 9 above 3rd. Easts finished 7th.

IMG_9751.jpeg

Edited by Eednud

Down to Stevenston today for Ardeer Thistle v Irvine Victoria at the functionally named Ardeer Stadium. 

Walked from Troon to Irvine beforehand and was richly rewarded with the biggest selection of cakes I’ve ever seen.

Disappointingly the Vics pyrotechnic squad aren’t in attendance. 

Vics are winning 1-0 at HT and pretty comfortable with it.

Good day out!

IMG_8445.jpeg

IMG_8457.jpeg

Muirkirk 0-1 Cumbernauld United

Down to the land of the Onion Pie for West Second Division action today. 

Cumbernauld pumped 4-0 at home to North End in the Junior Cup last week against a Muirkirk team with only one League Win all season.

A ground that is still the new ground in Muirkirk despite being nearly 40 years old. Wasn't quite sure where to find the remains of Ladeside Park so missed out. 

Burnside Park is a strange one. Perfectly adequate ground but with see through fences and a social club outside the ground. Pitch itself is excellent. Wee bit bobbly but still pretty goof nick.

Muirkirk locals are an angry bunch. The poor ref got both barrels despite not doing a great deal wrong in my honest opinion. Dale Fulton's freekick early in the second half is the difference as the Nauld keep in touch at the top. 

Worth coming here. Quite picturesque and just a few miles from Glenbuck. We'll worth a look now they've put information boards in.

20230909_140026.jpg

20230909_150734.jpg

20230909_142624.jpg

Edinburgh City 1-4 East Kilbride

Easy win for East Kilbride in the Challenge Cup against a youthful looking City team. East Kilbride shoukd have won by more. City at least issued  a programme today but typically I had no cash on me to buy one. 

IMG_9178.jpeg

AFC Fylde V Aldershot Town 0-2 😍 at Mill Farm. Ticket £16, programme and teamsheet £3. Pint £6. Got got to keep the branded cup. Attendance 1384 with approx 200 away fans.

Popped down to Lancashire today to see The Shots play away at Fylde in glorious weather today. Haven't seen the Shots since early last season so it was a well over due time to see them. Both teams could score goals. But also both had very leaky defences! So a goal feast was (almost) promised. Well both teams seemed to have spent the week working on defence so the match was tighter than expected. Fylde though seemed to have sacrificed goal scoring to try and tighting up but failed! Shots in the other hand put in a superbly disciplined performance with a change to 3 at the back and a new goalkeeper who marshalled this team mates brilliantly throughout. Aldershot controlled the game throughout and gained a well deserved 2-0 win with goals from Ryan Glover on 69 minutes with a great run on the left win before finishing with a shot to the bottom right of the goal. The three points were secured when Tyler Frost fired a 20 yard shot past the Fylde goalkeeper into the to corner to send the 200+ away fans home to Aldershot and Edinburgh very happy. 

A great day out

20230909_163004.jpg

20230909_131755.jpg

Hurlford United 1-3 Pollok, WoSFL Premier Division, 8/9/2023.

A good game on my first visit to Blair Park.

Hurlford took the lead with an early penalty, but it didn't take too long for Pollok to square it up after a neat finish from a defensive error.

The first half was quite even, with things going end-to-end and either side could have been ahead at the break.

Second half, Pollok stepped up a gear and really controlled it. Deserved to win and it could have been more.

Top moments for me were realising that the chancer in yellow at the gate had saved eight quid by just watching the whole game from the street through the gate. And Pollok coach Stewart Maxwell having a hissy-fit when the linesman (who was obviously concentrating on doing is job at a free-kick) didn't answer his pointless question about injury time. He got proper put out about it and threw a wee huff. Weird.

Still, a good day out and a good game.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

A random Stoneywood Parkvale v Glentanar cup game for me today (6-4 FT). 

A weird entertaining one with goals (of a wide range in quality) coming like buses as one might say:  Goals from underdog Glentanar, who are in the NRJFA division below Stoneywood, are shown in brackets:

(18) 19 (26) 41 (43) 56 72 74 87 (90) mins

Eta: Some less conventional HT scran:

PXL_20230909_140141902.thumb.jpg.a4846752d4e81c2c7fc735c68e134834.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter