Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Lossiemouth Utd 3-1 Longside, NR SJFA Promotion Play-off semi-final, first leg. Attendance about 60.

A game that started scrappy and finished niggly. United scored a cracking free kick into the bottom left corner with the last touch of the ball to put them in control of the tie, with the second leg to come on Tuesday.

A ridiculously picturesque venue in the middle of a park, to the extent there's not even a path or driveway to the pavilion. And excluding posh bakers, the best sausage roll I've ever had. Add in glorious weather and it couldn't have been better.

Rounded off a perfect day with my wife by achieving a long-held dream of seeing Peat & Diesel live, at Black Isle Belter at Muir of Ord. Everything we hoped it would be.

20240525_154820.jpg

20240525_143408.jpg

20240525_201313.jpg

Tell me you went to the magnificent Lossiemouth east beach?

I was there recently (the day after I saw Lossiemouth United as it happens) and as I walked back along the beach towards the “new bridge” I was surprised to see a stranded whale being attended to, right beside a stranded dolphin. What are the chances!

It turned out to be inflatables getting rigged for a training exercise. I stood down my excitement and went on with my day.

Anyway, I’m currently perusing the new Highland League fixture list and no doubt Lossiemouth will feature in my plans for next season as I still haven’t made it to a game at either ground there.

IMG_1017.jpeg

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

Ross County 4-0 Raith Rovers, Premiership Play-off final, second leg

Third leg of a fantastic Highland weekend. I was hoping for a battle but it turned into a shoeing. Last time I saw Simon Murray in the flesh he scored four for Queen's Park at Cove so I might be his lucky mascot. 

Last time I was at Victoria Park, County beat Linlithgow Rose 4-2 with Rose's second goal being one of my favourite moments in football ever. It was a team move of ridiculous flair and quality, pulling the score back to 3-2 and causing County sphincters to pucker. https://youtu.be/49R-WtHmnpE?si=2xLHrsC_MBvv3Tp2&t=331 

20240526_115901.jpg

13 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Nice pics & report etc, but I'm jealous of this, being married to a Leòdhasach and steeped in the culture. Still never seen them. They even came to Shetland last year during the Tall Ships, but we relied on my Shetland brother-in law to get the tickets. Being a bluegrass kinda guy, he didn't try very hard as he didn't think 5000 tickets would sell, which they did in a single morning. Also they have an upcoming Newcastle gig which I thought would be great for an overnighter till I discovered it coincides with Germany- Scotland. Never mind, maybe they'll announce them for the Hoolie at the Hydro in December.
ETA - Beluga Lagoon at the Barras on Thursday 😎

I got my tickets on Gumtree, I've had a search set up for the words 'peat' and 'diesel' for a while, this was the first time we've had the chance to take advantage. You and your wife need to go, it's as good as you think it will be.

After you mentioned them before I signed up for emails from Beluga Lagoon, thanks for that. I won't be able to catch them on Thursday, hopefully they'll turn up somewhere over the summer.

11 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Tell me you went to the magnificent Lossiemouth east beach?

I was there recently (the day after I saw Lossiemouth United as it happens) and as I walked back along the beach towards the “new bridge” I was surprised to see a stranded whale being attended to, right beside a stranded dolphin. What are the chances!

It turned out to be inflatables getting rigged for a training exercise. I stood down my excitement and went on with my day.

Anyway, I’m currently perusing the new Highland League fixture list and no doubt Lossiemouth will feature in my plans for next season as I still haven’t made it to a game at either ground there.

I didn't make it to the beach because we were heading along to see Peat & Diesel, but my wife was there while I was at the game and I've been a couple of times before. In August 2022 we watched teenagers jumping off the new bridge, I would have joined them if I'd had my swimmies, though I would have been at risk of that organisation in your picture coming to rescue me...

Breadalbane 2-0 Stanley, Perthshire AFA Atholl Cup Final, Pitlochry Recreation Ground. Attendance about 70.

Always though this looked like a nice place to watch a football game and this seemed a good opportunity to do that. It didn't disappoint, with its fine, recently improved terraced slope and its picturesque two-storey pavilion, a balcony wrapping its upper floor. The pitch is huge, at least 84 yards wide which exceeds international dimensions. What it boasted in size it lacked in quality, because grass cuttings were left in strips all over it. They'd had to sweep or rake the lines just to be able to paint them adequately. 

Breadalbane are top of Division One having played all their games, though Vale of Earn will take the title from them if they win their remaining game against Jeanfield. Stanley, meanwhile, won Division Two by a distance so it promised a decent match with Breadalbane presumably the better team. Breadalbane dominated and scored early but couldn't create many clear chances and only sealed the game with the last effective kick of the ball. The real Dukes of Atholl.

20240530_193400.jpg

20240530_195528.jpg

13 hours ago, GordonS said:

Aways though this looked like a nice place to watch a football game

It’s a brutal place to play football.

13 hours ago, GordonS said:

The pitch is huge, at least 84 yards wide which exceeds international dimensions. What it boasted in size it lacked in quality, because grass cuttings were left in strips all over it. 

For exactly these reasons.

Only time I ever played in a 0-0 at amateur level was on that park. 

43 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

It’s a brutal place to play football.

For exactly these reasons.

Only time I ever played in a 0-0 at amateur level was on that park. 

Do you know who owns/ maintains it? Is it the council?

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Do you know who owns/ maintains it? Is it the council?

Yeah, think it is the council. Most of the pitches in Perthshire are anyway. 

Posted (edited)

Haddington Athletic 4-4 St Andrews United East of Scotland Development League Cup Final. Headed along to this to tick off another ground and rewarded with cracking final. Neat ground with two areas of cover that thankfully were not need on a nice rain free evening. Haddington raced into a two goal lead before being hauled back in by St Andrews. Haddington then scored two cracking goals, the first a brilliant free kick by Riley Haston for his hatrick the second a lob from near enough half way from their number 11. St Andrews could have folded then but dug in to get a third then an equaliser in injury time. St Andrews then went on to win 5-4 on penalties. Great entertainment for £5.

IMG_9812.jpeg

IMG_9813.jpeg

IMG_9817.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Benburb u20s 1-3 Stirling University u20s
Lowland Development League Challenge Cup Final. 

An even game throughout despite the scoreline. The Uni took the lead late in the first half through a very soft looking penalty and doubled their lead just after halftime. Benburb hit back almost immediately and pushed hard for an equaliser that they just couldn't find. A late breakaway saw the Uni seal the win with the last kick off the ball. Very decent evening's entertainment. 

20240531_200036.jpg

Dyce 4-1 Nairn St Ninian 

23/24 isn't quite done yet. Up to Aberdeen for our first ever game in the North Region Premier League. We had heard excellent things from some of our Groundhopping pals so we were happy to check it out. 

After a bit of SatNav trouble where "Dyce FC" sends you to the Sports Village in Aberdeen we found Ian Mair Park, and also found Ladies day. 55 women from Dyce and 5 from Nairn had been getting merry since early today. To be fair to them it wasn't nearly as horrific an experience as it sounds. 

I have a confession to make. The bastion of Football scranary, Forres Mechanics, may have been topped here. The pies at Dyce are exquisite. Worth going for them alone. We had a Macronie pie that was enormous and had a cheese sauce that contained mustard 😋

The ground itself is a wee bit basic, a fenced off pitch surrounded by grass, but we are reliably informed that Dyce are going to do the work to allow them into the Highland League if the opportunity ever presented itself. 

Dyce win this one comfortably. The magnificently named Fergus Alberts the stand out. Two-One up at half time combined with one goal and a penalty late on finishes the season for these two sides with Nairn relegated and Dyce in second behind big spending Culter.

This is well worth coming to. Lovely folk, good park, excellent food and a fine way to spend a Saturday 

20240601_142606.jpg

20240601_152156.jpg

20240601_153443.jpg

20240601_154456(0).jpg

18 hours ago, Jute said:

Haddington Athletic 4-4 St Andrews United East of Scotland Development League Cup Final. Headed along to this to tick off another ground and rewarded with cracking final. Neat ground with two areas of cover that thankfully were not need on a nice rain free evening. Haddington raced into a two goal lead before being hauled back in by St Andrews. Haddington then scored two cracking goals, the first a brilliant free kick by Riley Haston for his hatrick the second a lob from near enough half way from their number 11. St Andrews could have folded then but dug in to get a third then an equaliser in injury time. St Andrews then went on to win 5-4 on penalties. Great entertainment for £5.

IMG_9812.jpeg

IMG_9813.jpeg

IMG_9817.jpeg

Dammit,was going to go to this but couldn't be arsed

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Dyce 4-1 Nairn St Ninian 

23/24 isn't quite done yet. Up to Aberdeen for our first ever game in the North Region Premier League. We had heard excellent things from some of our Groundhopping pals so we were happy to check it out. 

After a bit of SatNav trouble where "Dyce FC" sends you to the Sports Village in Aberdeen we found Ian Mair Park, and also found Ladies day. 55 women from Dyce and 5 from Nairn had been getting merry since early today. To be fair to them it wasn't nearly as horrific an experience as it sounds. 

I have a confession to make. The bastion of Football scranary, Forres Mechanics, may have been topped here. The pies at Dyce are exquisite. Worth going for them alone. We had a Macronie pie that was enormous and had a cheese sauce that contained mustard 😋

The ground itself is a wee bit basic, a fenced off pitch surrounded by grass, but we are reliably informed that Dyce are going to do the work to allow them into the Highland League if the opportunity ever presented itself. 

Dyce win this one comfortably. The magnificently named Fergus Alberts the stand out. Two-One up at half time combined with one goal and a penalty late on finishes the season for these two sides with Nairn relegated and Dyce in second behind big spending Culter.

This is well worth coming to. Lovely folk, good park, excellent food and a fine way to spend a Saturday 

20240601_142606.jpg

20240601_152156.jpg

20240601_153443.jpg

20240601_154456(0).jpg

The one set of goalposts look like they'd been in the bar with the fine lassies of Dyce and Nairn.

Posted (edited)

Haddington Athletic 2-3 Sauchie aet East Scotland League Cup Final. First visit to Westfield Park. Bit basic with artificial surface railed off a small bit of cover behind one goal and a banked grass terrace down one side.  As for the game itself Haddington went 1-0 up early on but Sauchie then took control of the game and were 2-1 up at half time second half got a bit niggley and  was pretty poor but was livened up by Haddington snatching a last minute equaliser to force extra time. Sauchie then scored again at start of extra time and were able to see out the rest of extra time without much trouble. 

IMG_9819.jpeg

Edited by Jute

Posted (edited)

Sing Cup yesterday. U19, U17, U15, U13, U11 - 7 a-side 15min each half.  Played at Singburi FC stadium.

Tournament played over 4 days. Son plays for the U13 (he's only 11)

Big turnout for the photos and opening ceremony.  Then everyone fucked off before a ball was kicked.

Wihan Khao (sons team) 15 Bang Rachan 0 

One sided affair. I was the only supporter of the winning team.  No pies or bovril.  Noodles and green tea.

IMG20240601084751.jpg

IMG20240601102323.jpg

IMG20240601103256.jpg

Edited by SlipperyP

Posted (edited)

Day 2 of the Sing Cup.

First game of the day. 09:00 KO.

Even less folk than there was yesterday.

Vihan Khao 9 Sing Soccer  0.

Was sitting in the main stand with about 30 Sing Soccer fans (mums and Dads). Very noisy before kick off. Then silence when it went 2-0. Was expecting more from the Sing boys as they were talking about them winning the cup.

Sausages and green tea as the noodle stall wasn't open.

IMG20240602085223.thumb.jpg.15e04f0ca2823dd0e288ba1631e70fab.jpg

Edited by SlipperyP

Posted (edited)

Day 3 (there is actually a 5th day if you get to the finals).

Sing Cup. Holiday Monday.

Much bigger crowd.

Wihan Khao 1 Lob Puin 4.

Better game and much even affair. Wihan went 1 up and then their goalie had two mad moments. Worse tactical play by the Wihan coaching team ever then arrived. Subbed the goalie and put their best forward in goals. Went tits up and conceded 2 more goals.

Next up Saturday Wihan need a win in the group to advance to the semis.

To add. As I was waiting at the junction to leave the stadium on my motorbike, some c**t rubber necked me (as I'm gorgeous, not really. I'm a foreigner), at this time he lost control of his motorbike and slid about 50m down the road. Got up and started pointing at me.

Edited by SlipperyP