Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

That is a really depressing place

But I think most small places in Ayrshire are pretty shitty - especially Auchinleck

Having spent two years living in Drongan and going to school in Auchinleck some of those old Ayrshire mining villages are grim (not saying the Fife ones are any better though) - Glespin has to be one of the worst though.

I really don't understand why all of Fife has a bad reputation when only parts of it are bad.

I'm sure I've said this on here before, but I think it's due to where the football grounds are. Methil and Cowdenbeath are probably the wort two parts of Fife,and fans visit these places and think all of Fife is similar. The area surrounding Stark's Park is actually a perfect example of Fife itself - go up the road, you find yourself in a lovely area, massive houses and all that. Go down the road, you end up in Links Street, which is probably the worst area of the town.

Gets a rough deal for me. Places like Anstruther and Crail are some of the best in Scotland.

It is probably because of the smaller towns it has that it gets a bad reputation.

Ballingary

Leslie

Cowdenbeath

Methil

Oakley

Kelty

Glenrothes

Lochgelly

To name but a few. Some parts of Fife are nice like Anstruther, but on the whole it is an absolute shitehole.

Well obviously for a posh farmer type from Perth those places are ghastly.

But there are places that aren't so shite, other than Anstruther, like:

Culross

Limekilns

Pittenweem

Elie

Crail

St Monans

Cellardyke

St Andrews

Newport

Kinghorn

Aberdour

Cupar

Falkland

Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline and the likes aren't that bad either. So on the whole it's ok, with some wee shitey villages which make up about 25% of it.

Edited by Scary Bear

Easy:

Bearsden - Full of wankers, who usually end up being teachers, lecturers and support Partick Thistle.

Milngavie - Same as above, only their parents have less credit money

Dumbarton - BLOW IT UP FFS, IT'S A FECKING HOVEL.

Paisley - What a shit hole, not one nice person and feck all to see & do.

I'll grant you parts of paisley are total shit holes but to suggest there is nothing to see and do in paisley is daft. also there are lots of nice people in paisley, they just have to hide from the muggers :P

Strathaven springs to mind.
Strathaven

I'm genuinely surprised. I've been there twice recently (during the daytime, admittedly) and thought it looked like a nice, prosperous wee place.

As for a shitehole, may I suggest Campbeltown?

Stranraer - The entire population appear to be heroin addicts.

Port Glasgow- It's a modern day equivilent of the wild west, but less attractive scenery.

Drumchapell - The third world on your doorstep.

Drongan - everything that is wrong with Scotland condensed into a tiny village.

Croy - The place just sucks the life out of you.

I'll grant you parts of paisley are total shit holes but to suggest there is nothing to see and do in paisley is daft. also there are lots of nice people in paisley, they just have to hide from the muggers :P

:angry: you missed out murderers.

I find Erskine, East Kilbride and the like depressing. roundabouts galore and places solely built for the car.

The vast swathes of the east end of glasgow is pretty grim apart from a few wee bits of dennistoun maybe.

Saying that Bearsden looks the kind of place you might like, but strangely hasn't got a decent pub in the place, so it's possible to pick holes in everything.

Lived and worked in the east for a few years, i saw that places like plean got namechecked, no surprise, but I found Alva pretty grim and there's wee places like Coalsnaughton that you see and think thank fck I gre up in Paisley.

As for Paisley, having a walk about up in Oakshaw on a nice day is superb, great architecture and the view from up there is great.