Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

I was in the chippy and there basically a riot going on outside. So I was watching it from inside eating my roll and chips with a fritter. Owner said I had to go out. So I did and got into a fight with somebody going out of the Auld Store. What can you do.

I would also like to nominate Hillhouse in Hamilton due to the fact that my mate got shot in the leg while we were playing fives there. And also Burnbank in Hamilton..... just because.

I was playing fitba not so long ago at the Jock Stein astro in Hillhouse and some wee neds went through the money for the park during the game and made off with the proceeds. :angry:

Ilive just round from Equi's in Hamilton and the back of the street has a lane which runs from Hamilton West to Burnbank.Some fcukers tried to break into 5 houses last week.I got home from work on Wednesday and someone had had a go at the back door with a shovel. :angry:

A wee neddy guy inthe street was visited by my wee brother who used to bully him at school and told if anything happens while me or the missus are at work,he will be held responsible as all these types know each other. b

Apart from that,living where I do is okay as there is plenty going on in the area near Accies park be it restaurants,pubs,leisure etc and the town is a 10 minute walk away as is Strathclyde Park.

Motherwell

Bellshill

Viewpark

Bothwell

Fairhill

Hillhouse

"West Crindledyke"

Kirkfieldbank

Gorgie

Dalmarnock

Bridgeton

Pollokshields

Crosshill

Croftfoot

Castlemilk

Blantyre

Cathkin

Forth

Jerviston

Carfin

Cleland

New Stevenston

What about Newarthill? Every tried walking over the Newarthill bridge at the weekend?

It's like a warzone. :angry:

I live close to many terrible areas.

Cathkin, Castlemilk, Halfway, Greenhills, Fernhill, Whitlawburn, Blantyre, Burnbank, Hillhouse, Bridgeton, Dalmarnock, Parkhead. All complete hellholes.

But I'd say Port Glasgow is the worst place I have ever been to.

The place is full of terrible, run-down houses, Alcoholics, Heroin Addicts and horrible, filthy streets. It's an utterly desperate place. Of course, plenty of towns across the country boast these social problems, but from what I've seen, the Port suffers on a huge scale in comparison.

I live close to many terrible areas.

Cathkin, Castlemilk, Halfway, Greenhills, Fernhill, Whitlawburn, Blantyre, Burnbank, Hillhouse, Bridgeton, Dalmarnock, Parkhead. All complete hellholes.

But I'd say Port Glasgow is the worst place I have ever been to.

The place is full of terrible, run-down houses, Alcoholics, Heroin Addicts and horrible, filthy streets. It's an utterly desperate place. Of course, plenty of towns across the country boast these social problems, but from what I've seen, the Port suffers on a huge scale in comparison.

Port Glasgow's 'West End' is basically Gibshill. That just about sums it up.

How someone from East Kilbride can slag anyone off is beyond me though. That town is marginally better designed than Paisley, but oh my god the place is a shite hole on an Easterhouse scale. Tens of thousands of people live there, but they've got to travel to the town centre for any amenities and the town centre is filled with 14 year old single mothers wandering around aimlessly with their prams and the Village - which is supposed to be the pride of the town - only has one decent thing in it. The chippy next to the Montgomery Arms.

Most of your posts are bitter and ignorant rants, this one is no different.

How can you possibly compare East Kilbride and Easterhouse? That's just ridiculous. :lol:

For a Town the size of East Kilbride, It doesn't have any really bad areas. The worst is Greenhills, but even then, it is not a patch on the worst areas in the surrounding Towns like Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell and Cambuslang. East Kilbride doesn't have any schemes that are full of heroin and boarded up houses, but all of the above Towns do. There are junkies in Greenhills, Westwood and some parts of Calderwood, but not on a large scale.

Kilsyth

Lennoxtown

Port Glasgow

Cumbernauld

Craigneuk

Theres just as many pubs/chemists in Lennoxtown as people. :lol:

To think Derek Riordan had a house there before 'reportedly' being forced to leave due to abuse from neds.

Capo's on the Viewpark/Bellshill frontier is your modern-day wild west saloon. :cowboy

When that first opened it was a cracking wee pub, Tony and Sue Capaldi had it and Jimmy Graham was the DJ. Absolute stoating venue so it was, food was terrific as well.

When that first opened it was a cracking wee pub, Tony and Sue Capaldi had it and Jimmy Graham was the DJ. Absolute stoating venue so it was, food was terrific as well.

Is John Cook from Cambuslang still the DJ there LIP?.Used to play fitba with him and he brightened up many a Sunday afternoon with stories of the goings on at Capo Towers.

I live in Scotlandwell which is just two minutes from Fife actually :P There are alot of places in fife you mentioned that i had forgot about but still most of the ones you mentioned are little villages.

Having Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy considered as nice parts of the kingdom says it all really. :P

Says the posh farmer :P

I bet you think sex is what the butler carries coal in, and a creche is what hapens on the M90...

The bottom part of Kelty is fine, the new builds (where my Mum lives) are actually very nice to live in. Saying that, the top part of Kelty makes Albania look like Eton.

Loads of nice places next to rough neighbourhoods in both Dunfermline and KDY, namely links/smeaton/Abbeyview. Methil is a hole, but then, it's part of Levenmouth, and Leven itself is quite nice, so the comparison to me doesn't fit.

Saying that though, the rough parts of the Cowdengelly triangle need bulldozed, I'm sure it's twinned with the Gaza strip, with the locals looking like something out of a Picasso masterpiece.

Yes, I drive through it every day to work and back. :( Depressing does not even come close.

However it does have a pub called the Clansman although I would never venture in.

Also is there a reason for Cowie existing?

We'll be having less of that cheek.

Has to be rither one of the little Visigoth places between Falkirk and Glasgow or in West Lothian.

The one with the red white and blue kerbstones and the Union Jack on a flagpole stands out. Can't remember what it's called though.

All of the places out near Armadale are bonkers and total holes.

Take your pick from Polbeth, Harthill, Whitburn and Armadale.

Denny and Banknock are pretty horrific places to live.

Banknock is horrific but there's not much wrong with Denny, yes it's got a shitty town centre or should that be no town centre but it's alright to live in.

Is John Cook from Cambuslang still the DJ there LIP?.Used to play fitba with him and he brightened up many a Sunday afternoon with stories of the goings on at Capo Towers.

Haven't a clue mate, I haven't been there for years.

I live in Manchester now.

Alloway-One of the houses can't even get a real roof and is still thatched and some of the streets with half a million pound houses cant even afford slabs and have chips down.Every time you crunch down one the curtains twitch.

I'll have to agree with Glespin.It was a fireworks factory and a big haulage company with loads of crap houses.

Have to say though i think Girvans getting a bad rap on here.I quite like its shitey wee high street thats mostly just local shops.

Alloway-One of the houses can't even get a real roof and is still thatched and some of the streets with half a million pound houses cant even afford slabs and have chips down.Every time you crunch down one the curtains twitch.

I'll have to agree with Glespin.It was a fireworks factory and a big haulage company with loads of crap houses.

Have to say though i think Girvans getting a bad rap on here.I quite like its shitey wee high street thats mostly just local shops.

Girvan is quite nice in places. It's just full of bored dafties though.

My grandfather was born in the cemetery house down at the front. So I should have an affinity with the place. But I don't.

Girvan isn't that bad, just full of old people really, more of a retirement town than anything.

The worst places have to be anywhere in the east end of Glasgow, Easterhouse etc. Ayrshire varies quite a bit, some places are really nice and some like Cumnock and Auchinleck, are pretty awful. I'm originally from Prestwick which itself has good and bad bits. Places in North Ayrshire like Saltcoats and Stevenston are horrific, now that I've given up playing football I hope to never have to visit these places again.

The place I hate the most though is Paisley, it's not the worst looking (although don't get me wrong, it's a s**thole :lol: ), but the people there just seem like complete cocks.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Port Glasgow. Horribly depressing and dispirited place, with a town centre that now basically consists of a giant Tescos. Everyone with any get up and go has got up and gone.

Bits of the East End of Greenock, like the Strone, that used to be a bit bonkers have vastly improved in the past 20 years, but the Port has actually gone downhill.

Stranraer.

Larkhall, Chapelhall, and assorted mental wee ex-mining villages in Lanarkshire and West Lothian (Armadale, Whitburn and the likes)

Methil.

Paisley's been getting a lot of stick on here, but much as it pains me to say, I don't think it's comprehensive slagging is entirely justified. Yes, it's got shitty bits (but then, hasn't everywhere?); yes, the town centre's been going down the pan for the past 10 years (ditto); yes, their football team's shite... but if it's a choice of living in Paisley or, say, Chapelhall, well, let's just say it wouldn't take me too long to make my mind up.