Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

Guest marf-1870

Stranraer is pritty shit although the surrounding area is nice the likes of Portpatrick.

It's funny Dumf*ies people saying Strnaraers a whole each time I go the town centre and Whitesands is getting worse then you've got areas like Lochside. Saying that the town is comming on a bit.

Worst area for me has to be Ayrshire as mentioned the old mining areas are absaloute dumps. Don't like Methil or Cowdenbeath either.

One place that I don't think will be mentioned by many others is Whithorn, not to bad to drive through but the people are something else. They talk about the inbreeding in Stranraer but this place is terrible.

Motherwell

Bellshill

Viewpark

Bothwell

Fairhill

Hillhouse

"West Crindledyke"

Kirkfieldbank

Gorgie

Dalmarnock

Bridgeton

Pollokshields

Crosshill

Croftfoot

Castlemilk

Blantyre

Cathkin

Forth

Jerviston

Carfin

Cleland

New Stevenston

Edited by MP_MFC

Anyone heard of a place called Craignuek in Wishaw, Lanarkshire? God one guy got a grenade thrown at him back in the late 90's. Ended up killing the wrong guy right enough but crazy stuff.

only in Craignam could you get shrapnel wounds. :lol:

I used to go to my mates house to watch that carry-on. Sitting with a carry-out watching Scotland Today reporting live from 50 yards away. It was bit daft there back then.

While driving the A89 from Airdrie to Bathgate, i noticed that Blackridge welcomes visitors with a large sign reading 'this is a handgun free village'. :o

:huh::lol:

Ayrshire is getting a bad name here. Mainly due to the shitty wee villages it has. But it is one of the more opulant counties actually. It's coast runs from Ballantrae in the south to Skelmorlie in the north. Girvan is pish. But then you have Turnberry and Maidens which are extremely expensive areas to live. Then Ayr, which has a bit of a schemie section north of the river, but most of the areas in the town are wealthy. And Prestwick, Troon etc are wealthy areas too. Irvine is horrible and round the cost 'til West Kilbride its rough. West Kilbride right up 'til Skelmorlie is wealthy too. It's mostly the inland shitty villages which are poor.

And most of the villages have some redeeming features. Apart from the old mining areas which are hellholes. But thats mostly because they shipped in big dafties from Lanarkshire to work in the mines and they dragged the area right down. <_<

You have a point there. I lived in Skelmorlie for a little over 6 months and it is quite depressing just in that it's houses, a Spar, and nothing else, but Greenock and Largs aren't all that far away for going out, and the views are absolutely fantastic. Really nice houses too.

I was out for a run in the car once and saw a sign for High Valleyfield. My dad had told me previously that it has a reputation for being one of Scotland's worst towns, so needless to say I went and had a mince round. I didn't think it was that bad, although the two young guys lurking outside the social club looked as if they were debating whether or not to kill me and loot my corpse.

I was gonna say High Valleyfield. I've been through it twice, first time about 8 years ago or something, and it was the most depressing place I've ever been in, an utter shitehole as well. Then the last time I went through it was about 4years ago, and they'd built some smart new houses etc in, and it generally looked a better place. Suppose it couldn't of gotten any worse :rolleyes:

Anytime I was ever in Law I ended up in a fight because I was an outsider from Overtown :rolleyes: . I dont know how bad or good it is now as it has been a while since I've been there other than visiting my Aunt and Uncle.

We also had the "Electric" flats in Overtown! The ones on the main st down from the Primary School. I still call them that to this day haha.

I knew a Dickson family from Law, one was a Boxer I'm sure, I stayed next door to their partents in Overtown, any relation?

We are Famous for having an outbreak of E-Coli, from the John Barr butchers which was and still is the biggest outbreak of the viris in the WORLD! :P

We also have Jack McConnel, Lee Miller and ICT's Andrew Barrowman.

What the hell has ever came out of East Kilbride? Just a fat Coisty?

As for our attrctions we have around 27 Hairdressers on the Main St alone, the largest number of Sectairian marches outwith Belfast, a golf course, and a maternity and neo-natal unit (something Hairmyers doesnt) in our hospital. :D

Tommy Gemmell and John Cleland (two time Touring Car champion) are also from Wishy. Joe Baker stayed here in his later years.

After driving to Maryhill from Kirkintilloch this afternoon to go to the game. I'll nominate Ruchill, Maryhill and Possilpark

That drive is certainly an experience. You also missed out either Springburn or Milton which you would need to go through to get to Firhill from Kirky. They are both also hellholes. Maryhill is actually not too bad in comparison with Possilpark and Ruchill which are total dumps.

No, I've been in most of it, I work there. I've never been in a city full of a more toxic mix of neds and people who think that it's god's gift. It's not. You could blow it off the face of the earth and Scotland would get indescribably better. Bad diet, smoking, an addiction to sunbeds, a prediliction for religious bigotry, high-rise shitholes, a camp sing-song accent and Armani clothes. Shithole.

That quote in bold is a lot of pish.

Going on the last two sentences then we may as well just blow up at least half the country then?

I was gonna say High Valleyfield. I've been through it twice, first time about 8 years ago or something, and it was the most depressing place I've ever been in, an utter shitehole as well. Then the last time I went through it was about 4years ago, and they'd built some smart new houses etc in, and it generally looked a better place. Suppose it couldn't of gotten any worse :rolleyes:

I played against High Valleyfield in the U-16's. Playing left back, neds on the side lines were trying to trip you up as you ran up the wing and our 'keeper was getting pelted with stones. Still dont know how I made it out alive after kicking one of their subs in the air off the ball. Adults were even trying to get to me.

Hellish place.

Anytime I was ever in Law I ended up in a fight because I was an outsider from Overtown :rolleyes: . I dont know how bad or good it is now as it has been a while since I've been there other than visiting my Aunt and Uncle.

We also had the "Electric" flats in Overtown! The ones on the main st down from the Primary School. I still call them that to this day haha.

I knew a Dickson family from Law, one was a Boxer I'm sure, I stayed next door to their partents in Overtown, any relation?

Was the fight in the Auld Store? I got barred from there not long after we moved in. For "deliberately" playing one of the most impossible tricks shots on a snooker table imaginable. :rolleyes: I hit the cue ball and it spun up onto the top of the cushion, rolled round the table, hit a pocket, took a 90° turn, rolled along that cushion and then dropped off the table, bounced across the floor and hit one of the old drunks foot which was bandaged up at the time. He and his mates accused me of doing it deliberately.... :rolleyes:

The village itself was never bad though. There were some arsehole families in one of the streets, but there were only five or six houses there in total.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

You have a point there. I lived in Skelmorlie for a little over 6 months and it is quite depressing just in that it's houses, a Spar, and nothing else, but Greenock and Largs aren't all that far away for going out, and the views are absolutely fantastic. Really nice houses too.

Try getting home though... :unsure:

:huh::lol:

My aunt lives in Skelmorlie. The old bit of the village is quite gentrified. I don't think it would be great being a young 'un living there right enough. But it's certainly not a bad place to stay, and it's not a cheap place to live either.

Was the fight in the Auld Store? I got barred from there not long after we moved in. For "deliberately" playing one of the most impossible tricks shots on a snooker table imaginable. :rolleyes: I hit the cue ball and it spun up onto the top of the cushion, rolled round the table, hit a pocket, took a 90° turn, rolled along that cushion and then dropped off the table, bounced across the floor and hit one of the old drunks foot which was bandaged up at the time. He and his mates accused me of doing it deliberately.... :rolleyes:

The village itself was never bad though. There were some arsehole families in one of the streets, but there were only five or six houses there in total.

I was in the chippy and there basically a riot going on outside. So I was watching it from inside eating my roll and chips with a fritter. Owner said I had to go out. So I did and got into a fight with somebody going out of the Auld Store. What can you do.

I would also like to nominate Hillhouse in Hamilton due to the fact that my mate got shot in the leg while we were playing fives there. And also Burnbank in Hamilton..... just because.

What doesn't help High Valleyfield's case is that Low Valleyfield (ironically) is actually quite nice as well as Culross just down the road. I went cycling through the 'country park' there when I was younger and got chased out by neds with big f**k off sticks they'd ripped off the trees because I wasn't from there. If I lived anywhere near HV then I'd write to Willie Rennie MP and demand a 20ft wall be erected around the place. They've even got their own medical centre to stop the junkies walking too far.

Oakley up the road however I'd have to nominate as the slighty worse of the two. Apparently the rivalry between the two villages is rather fierce. When I was in Dunfermline, Queen Anne was one of the biggest schools in Scotland yet only two folk (it might even have been one!) went onto to do their Highers. Not going to get any better obviously as nobody can get out.