Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

I learned to drive in Erskine. There is one roundabout where you come to the end of a road and your only option is to turn into another. So why not just put in a corner :blink:

From Google Map it looks to be where Florish Road meets Torran Drive if anyone wants to see what I mean.

Yep I had a look and that is the stupiest thing I've ever seen. They must have some future planning to put in new roads from it.

Place called Mayfield in Midlothian. Arsehole of the World. FACT

Motherwell for me. It's just so depressing, completely scarred by Ravenscraig.

As for Mayfield, I don't think it's so bad. Much worse schemes within Edinburgh.

Have to agree with Glespin, a DUMP. They have speed bumps an warning lamps to slow you down, dont fall for them, they want to catch you and eat you. Speed up. Speed up, even if it involves Knocking a few of their mutant weans down.

Did just about everyone in Glespin not work for the one haulage company that went bust earlier this year? The folks could be desperate.

Can't agree with the comments about Law. I lived there for 8 years - hence the reason Stu had actually heard of the place. It went from being a quiet close community to being an rural suburb in that time. New houses were being built all the time and some of the views of the Clyde Valley are absolutely spectacular. There were some bizarre stories about South Lanarkshire Council and their policies for the village though. For example the rail junction there has consent to be used as a railway station.....but only for cattle.... :huh: The other highlight was when they brought a space age public toilet to the village. Totally out of place. FFS this was the village where they still talked about "Electric" houses as though it was something out of the ordinary.

How someone from East Kilbride can slag anyone off is beyond me though. That town is marginally better designed than Paisley, but oh my god the place is a shite hole on an Easterhouse scale. Tens of thousands of people live there, but they've got to travel to the town centre for any amenities and the town centre is filled with 14 year old single mothers wandering around aimlessly with their prams and the Village - which is supposed to be the pride of the town - only has one decent thing in it. The chippy next to the Montgomery Arms.

And Briech - totally agree....why does that place have a train station? :huh:

Anytime I was ever in Law I ended up in a fight because I was an outsider from Overtown :rolleyes: . I dont know how bad or good it is now as it has been a while since I've been there other than visiting my Aunt and Uncle.

We also had the "Electric" flats in Overtown! The ones on the main st down from the Primary School. I still call them that to this day haha.

I knew a Dickson family from Law, one was a Boxer I'm sure, I stayed next door to their partents in Overtown, any relation?

Like what? A history of rioting and ongoing police chases? What landmark or attraction does Wishaw possess that would persuade an outsider or a culture vulture to visit? And, apart from John Higgins, name some famous Whishay people? :lol:

And conversely, anyone I have ever met from Wishaw, including a girl I work with, can't wait to leave the place, which speaks volumes for me

We are Famous for having an outbreak of E-Coli, from the John Barr butchers which was and still is the biggest outbreak of the viris in the WORLD! :P

We also have Jack McConnel, Lee Miller and ICT's Andrew Barrowman.

What the hell has ever came out of East Kilbride? Just a fat Coisty?

As for our attrctions we have around 27 Hairdressers on the Main St alone, the largest number of Sectairian marches outwith Belfast, a golf course, and a maternity and neo-natal unit (something Hairmyers doesnt) in our hospital. :D

Ballingary, Lochgelly, cowdenbeath, Oakley etc...

take your pick from half of fife tbh.

I'm always bemused by the bad press that Fife gets here. Even the so-called worst towns in the Kingdom don't have a serious crime or unemployment problem. It's a safe place to bring up a family and most Fifers are decent sorts. You could quite safely walk through any of the four places above, I have and nobody has ever beaten me up.

Stop the Fife bashing.

Edited by centralparker

drove through Ardeer in ayrshire once trying to find its namesake golf course, had to ask the only person around for directions, sadly this person was Janice Battersby in toe with 3 devil dugs, the place was rite out of the old soviet republic. Golf course was nice though, not actually in the village luckily.

We are Famous for having an outbreak of E-Coli, from the John Barr butchers which was and still is the biggest outbreak of the viris in the WORLD! :P

It's a bacteria numbnuts. Sheesh, Lanarkshire education huh? :D

I quite liked Law Village - I used to work in a place just outside Carnwath and used to give a lift to a girl who lived in Law. Seemed OK.

Forth, on the other hand....

I stopped there once, and only once, on the way back to the office, in order to get petrol. I handed over my debit card to pay. The conversation went thus:

Attendant: David?

Me: Errr...no...?

Attendant: Donald?

Me: Noooo......

Attendant: It's just I like to guess people's names from the initials on the card.

Me: Ah. It's Douglas. My middle name's Alexander.

Attendant (with seriously aggressive face): I don't need to know your middle name.....

Me: Can I have VAT receipt please? :o

I won't have this Stenhousemuir-bashing - spent the first 19 years of my life there! Don't see what there is to not like tbh. Worst places I've been:

- Raploch, Stirling (mother's family lived there)

- Shotts

- Campbeltown - what a fucking awful end to a beautiful drive that was

- Pilton, Edinburgh

- Glasgow. All of it.

- Glasgow. All of it.

:lol: What a cock. You really should get out more. I'll be charitable and assume you have only been in the vicinity of Ibrox and Parkhead. You can't have been to Firhill, unless you came in from the North and straight out again.

:lol: What a cock. You really should get out more. I'll be charitable and assume you have only been in the vicinity of Ibrox and Parkhead. You can't have been to Firhill, unless you came in from the North and straight out again.

No, I've been in most of it, I work there. I've never been in a city full of a more toxic mix of neds and people who think that it's god's gift. It's not. You could blow it off the face of the earth and Scotland would get indescribably better. Bad diet, smoking, an addiction to sunbeds, a prediliction for religious bigotry, high-rise shitholes, a camp sing-song accent and Armani clothes. Shithole.

No, I've been in most of it, I work there. I've never been in a city full of a more toxic mix of neds and people who think that it's god's gift. It's not. You could blow it off the face of the earth and Scotland would get indescribably better. Bad diet, smoking, an addiction to sunbeds, a prediliction for religious bigotry, high-rise shitholes, a camp sing-song accent and Armani clothes. Shithole.

Seriously? Well that's a real shame. I don't live there now, and haven't for many years, but there are some truly nice areas and decent people there. I can only assume you've been unlucky or else you had a preconceived hatred of the place. Or you're finding it difficult to get laid. Which as you work in Glasgow, I doubt. :D