Worst Town/area In Scotland

MTJ

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3805031.stm

According to this Barlanark was the "most deprived" ward in Scotland in 2004.

bet you ruchazie pushed it close

edited to add i didnt read the article first ruchazie 10th ffs,well it was a few years ago.

Edited by lyt

Going on the last two sentences then we may as well just blow up at least half the country then?

Yes, yes we should. Draw a line from Gretna - Hawick - Livingston - Falkirk - Dumbarton, and get rid of everything on the line and to the south-west. There is nothing of any benefit to civilisation that way.

How did I know someone would pick holes out of that one. It's historically Renfrewshire before all this council boundary nonsense came around... just like Aberdeen isn't in Aberdeenshire anymore <_<

The peoples of Inverclyde have a right to self-determination, and seperation from the tinkers up the road.

Yes, yes we should. Draw a line from Gretna - Hawick - Livingston - Falkirk - Dumbarton, and get rid of everything on the line and to the south-west. There is nothing of any benefit to civilisation that way.

That made you sound like a c**t.

Stunned to see Crosshill mentioned? Been there umpteen times and I think it's a particularly nice area actually. Mount Florida, Queen's & King's Park likewise. Old build tenements give it a bit of charm I think. Not to mention it's vicinity to Hampden, the hub of Scottish football. Good pubs, good amenities, people seem decent?

As for Cumbernauld. Aye it's a fucking wretched place. Concrete jungle. Typical new town. Except with a botched finish. I don't know why anyone would expressly want to live here?

Try getting home though... :unsure:
My aunt lives in Skelmorlie. The old bit of the village is quite gentrified. I don't think it would be great being a young 'un living there right enough. But it's certainly not a bad place to stay, and it's not a cheap place to live either.

Yeah, they are problems, luckily when I was there I was that wee bit younger so hadn't started drinking which meant it wasn't too bad socially, but I hardly went out because of the nature of the place. The getting home tactic would have to be taxi to Wemyss Bay with someone going there then just walk, could do it in 20 minutes at a push, although walking up the hill when drunk doesn't sound much of a plan.

It'd be a great place to retire to.

The local towns people (below) are very friendly too and will frequently offer to carry your wallet/purse for you.

post-6361-1226061258_thumb.jpg

That picture was taken in Kilsyth. They're a different breed. Cumbernauld is wonderful.

Paisley isn't the worst place by any means but anytime i'm there i always run into someone i know from years back whos life is falling apart at the seams. That's more depressing than anything.

Lanarkshire is a weird place in general. My pals dads 'claim to fame' is that he's had a shite in every pub in Wishaw. Is that typical of local ambitions? Viewpark must be a contender in this thread too.

I thought nobody was going to mention Viewpark.

It's a hellhole as is it's near neighbour Bellshill, the fact that it took nearly seven pages before either one of them got a mention is a serious shock to my system.

Years ago I worked with Blue Circle in Uddingston and it was stuffed with people from Forth and Douglas, all of whom were related to one another. Inbred mutants one and all.

Edited by TheLip

I thought nobody was going to mention Viewpark.

It's a hellhole as is it's near neighbour Bellshill, the fact that it took nearly seven pages before either one of them got a mention is a serious shock to my system.

Years ago I worked with Blue Circle in Uddingston and it was stuffed with people from Forth and Douglas, all of whom were related to one another. Inbred mutants one and all.

Capo's on the Viewpark/Bellshill frontier is your modern-day wild west saloon. :cowboy

Stunned to see Crosshill mentioned? Been there umpteen times and I think it's a particularly nice area actually. Mount Florida, Queen's & King's Park likewise. Old build tenements give it a bit of charm I think. Not to mention it's vicinity to Hampden, the hub of Scottish football. Good pubs, good amenities, people seem decent?

Got my hills mixed up, Govanhell is the one.