Snooker

RedWeb

10 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Whilst all Higgins seemed to have rooting for him from the gallery was his elderly maw. 

Keep the talent away from the table and it's easier to keep your eyes on the prize - it would seem. 

His wife and kids have been there at various times throughout today.

Latest odds on bet365 to win the match are 1/4 Higgins and 3/1 Selby.

Just now, peasy23 said:

His wife and kids have been there at various times throughout today.

Latest odds on bet365 to win the match are 1/4 Higgins and 3/1 Selby.

If I wasn't half-cut, I could work out the best money to bet on Selby elsewhere. Ah well. 

Had a great snookalike for Nigel Bond but it didn't work. 

It's mad that 2 of the best ever snooker players are Scottish. There'd be a decent argument to say Hendry and Higgins are the best two ever. (Although I suppose Davis and Ronnie can have equally large shouts).

Higgins is sum boi.

Guest DAVIDB69
Selby's wife (Vicky?) not happy - courtesy of a long shot of her. Who would have thought when her husband is being pumped?

Used to be quite a looker but looks years older than selby now

It's mad that 2 of the best ever snooker players are Scottish. There'd be a decent argument to say Hendry and Higgins are the best two ever. (Although I suppose Davis and Ronnie can have equally large shouts).

Higgins is sum boi.

Hendry's the best ever. Not even close for me.

I've got a bit of family history there though so might be a tad biased :lol:

I'd agree that Hendry is the best ever. O'Sulivan is the most talented but hasn't done enough with it to justify the title, plus his temperament is still suspect. Hendry also brought the change to the game where it moved from being generally safety first (there was a few attack orientated players before; White, Alex Higgins) to go for the throat and strangle the b*****ds.

Taylor gets more and more overly sentimental every year. I don't care who's a lovely lad and what their mum's up to. HIs actual play by play commentary is good if he stuck to it. 

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Taylor gets more and more overly sentimental every year. I don't care who's a lovely lad and what their mum's up to. HIs actual play by play commentary is good if he stuck to it. 

Taylor's atrocious as a commentator. Either points out the obvious, calls the shot wrong or is rambling on and about pish that has nothing to do with the match he's watching. 

All three of Virgo, Taylor and Thorne should have been dropped by the BBC years ago.

2 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Taylor's atrocious as a commentator. Either points out the obvious, calls the shot wrong or is rambling on and about pish that has nothing to do with the match he's watching. 

All three of Virgo, Taylor and Thorne should have been dropped by the BBC years ago.

Add Griffiths to those three. Davis and Hendry, followed by John Parrott should be the main commentators going forward. Yet they feel the need to give everyone a shot in the final.