Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

11 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The attacker has said it's revenge for the murder of a Palestinian in America earlier. f**k knows what that's got to do with Belgium vs Sweden, mind.

I’m guessing it’ll be something to do with all the Koran burnings in Sweden over the last year or so. Slightly tenuous but anything is possible in the mind of a religious extremist. 

On 16/10/2023 at 08:44, welshbairn said:

Turned on LBC this morning, and she was back on - almost worse than yesterday, she is a complete bampot !!

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It was much better when Alan Partidge was just a harmless fictional character.

She should have asked him if anyone gave him a heads up before 7/7 given he lived in the same general area as the attackers

29 minutes ago, 101 said:

She should have asked him if anyone gave him a heads up before 7/7 given he lived in the same general area as the attackers

Should have asked him if he had any insider knowledge of the Brinks Mat robbery as he's also known for nicking stuff. Richard Madeley-Thick as thieves or as thick as shit in the neck of a bottle.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Indeed..

Do the hostages have any prospect of survival? I really don't think an Entebbe-style raid is feasible here, or certainly not a successful one. And surely freeing the hostages in, say, a prisoner exchange loses them any leverage with Israel. Dreadful for everyone involved except for Hamas and Israeli hawks.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Indeed..

Thing is, she isnt wrong that Hamas did a terrible thing..................but she deals with Burleys question like a 10 year old child "Hamas started it" etc etc. She really is a dreadful person to have as an Ambassador.

I mean, without going back over ancient history, I rather suspect that Palestinians moved out of their homes (by the Brits) to make the state of Israel decades ago may possibly disagree that they "started it".

The problem - and it exists on both sides - is that neither of them want to acknowledge the atrocities that they have committed and make anything approaching a goodwill gesture.

I would love this to have a "Good Friday Agreement" moment, but I rather think it will go the other way and Iran will be pissing itself laughing.....................

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Indeed..

Conflating Palestinians and Gaza, dissapointing she wasn't pick up on that, the Palestinians living in the West Bank have nothing to do with Hamas.

On 16/10/2023 at 16:11, beefybake said:

As already said, this is now...

and there is no equivalence between the oppressed and the oppressors.

He was referring to someone quoting events from that era. 

Anyone who thinks one side bad, one side good is talking out their arse.

Personally, I think we've got the extremists taking over both sides - a horrible right wing (the most ever) Israeli government vs a bunch of antisemitic shitebags, with a few arseholes on either side waving flags for either side.