• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie and St Mirren have good balance in their teams and relatively decent depth, the latter I think will only get better and I don't think we'll see them in much trouble for the remainder of the season. Neither have a reliable enough defence to mount a serious top 6 challenge, but I could be wrong -

What are you basing your assessment of our defence on? As it certainly isn't our 9 games to date or our 3-0 demolition of your lot in which we comfortably kept yet another clean sheet!

The only two teams we haven't looked as good as thus far this season are, Dundee United on the Sunday Derby and Ross County the other week. Ross County look as if they'll struggle and we capitulated against United and looked much better the following Wednesday.

Don't think we'll finish near the bottom 2, depending on how our squad copes with injuries will determine whether we finish 10th or challenging for the top 6. St Johnstone look as if they'll struggle badly until at least McLean comes back, or McFadden hits form he's not had for years.

St Mirren have Tommy Craig as their manager.

Happy for Ross County to be written off. They've improved immeasurably in the last two games. The error-prone goalkeeper has been dropped, the defence is more tight, the midfield is more fit and the forwards have goals among them.

I think they've hit their lowest point and will be much more competitive between now and January. I still expect them to finish 11th though.

How strange.

Was Hartley who took till the last day to win it.

You were 7 points clear and bottled it. Three more points in the premier league just now is no worry.

Motherwell have been terrible this season from the start against the Icelandic side to Partick on Saturday.

I've been to 9 of our 12 matches and I haven't seen anything to really encourage me that we are turning a corner.

And yet, we can draw level with Dundee on 10 points if we beat them at Fir Park.

I think our chances of finishing Top 6 are extremely limited and I just want us to get away from the relegation zone because right now I wouldn't fancy our chances in a play off. I've compared us to Hibs a couple of times this season and we just have this kind of relegation haunted look about us but it might only take one result to see us find our form again and there are still enough teams within touching difference to climb the league, at least in the bottom half.

The next game is a big one. If Dundee won they would effectively put 7 points between us and it wouldn't look good for Motherwell. If we win, there might just be the tiny shoots of recovery coming up through the ground.

Motherwell have been terrible this season from the start against the Icelandic side to Partick on Saturday.

I've been to 9 of our 12 matches and I haven't seen anything to really encourage me that we are turning a corner.

And yet, we can draw level with Dundee on 10 points if we beat them at Fir Park.

I think our chances of finishing Top 6 are extremely limited and I just want us to get away from the relegation zone because right now I wouldn't fancy our chances in a play off. I've compared us to Hibs a couple of times this season and we just have this kind of relegation haunted look about us but it might only take one result to see us find our form again and there are still enough teams within touching difference to climb the league, at least in the bottom half.

The next game is a big one. If Dundee won they would effectively put 7 points between us and it wouldn't look good for Motherwell. If we win, there might just be the tiny shoots of recovery coming up through the ground.

Next game for both of us is massive then.

What you do is take your teams current points tally divide it by St mirrens tally unless you are calculating Aberdeen's tally and you have to divide it by dundee's. You then multiply it by your teams scotch pie price and then divide the whole thing by alloa's current point tally. This only works after nine games each season.

Motherwell to finish on 11.9 points ;).

To be honest though, against us O'Halloran had a mare. If he scores 1 on 1, plays the right cross and if St Johnstone get the 'offside' goal the game was much different. Same as Motherwell, I think you've over-achieved in the league in the past years, so slipping back to bottom 6 is no surprise.

Can't see you ultimately being relegated. However we need to make sure a strong team finishes 11th to give Sevco a nightmare!

Yeah. My pessimism stems from the fact we're generally struggling to create chances, and even when we are we don't have the quality to finish them. Its not just a one-off bad luck game, it happens far too often that we simply mess up a goalscoring opportunity when we do create one. Lack of quality we have going forward is utterly astounding at times.

Killie and St Mirren have good balance in their teams and relatively decent depth, the latter I think will only get better and I don't think we'll see them in much trouble for the remainder of the season. Neither have a reliable enough defence to mount a serious top 6 challenge

tumblr_lstwep29rc1r0l8p2o1_500.jpg

Killie have conceded 7 goals this season. That's the joint second best in the Premiership this season.

So either you're being blinded by our shitehawk defences from the last decade, you've never seen our defence this season, or are just a bit simple.

Mark Connolly IMO is looking like the signing of the season so far.

Yep.

We have his ill-fated spell at St Johnstone to thank for that. Interview in the paper on Sunday saying that he was so off the pace when he came up here it made him work twice as hard to improve and he met his fiancee up here, so turned down Championship clubs in England to move closer to her.

Archived