Pregnancy And Parenting

My eldest fed longest, sept baby, deffered school entry, development delays. dyspraxia and dyslexia. He’ll prob grow up to me a ass guy!

Youngest bottle fed, feb baby school and nurseries were like you are not defecting that child!! She way ready. She’s also hard as nails and never ill. 

Yes the research says it’s best but when it’s broken down the percentages are tiny. Which I see now.

Aye, luckily the midwifes we have seen so far since we made the choice to shift to combi feeds have been supportive but I've heard the horror stories of others.

It's a minefield and this is said as a guy without the added hormonal pressures.

IMG_20190831_154456.thumb.jpg.02e2a65ebf6600951bb6f7c89e77f16f.jpgSakura had a CT Scan the other week and it came back showing no relapse. That's 2 years since she finished her treatment, a major milestone but just another step along a long road is how I treat it. The Pediatrician is now suggesting that she has a scan once a year as opposed to twice.....not sure how I feel about this.

Anyway, here she is with our new dog, Welsby.

Edited by sjc

On 08/09/2019 at 12:21, MP_MFC said:

Midwife been today and done the heel test etc, she's lost 10% of her weight which she said does happen but is on the high end of what they would like so they are happy that we moved to combo feeding last night. She just wasn't staying latched and we weren't getting enough nappies.

I feel so helpless for the wife but she's taken it in her stride today as having the bottle overnight meant she could sleep properly and I took care of the feeds and after a few wee wobbles yesterday when it wasn't working she has remembered how much she said she wasn't going to be hung up on BF if it wasn't working.

Easier said than done.

We were the same, our baby lost more than 10% of her birthweight and the midwife made a call to the hospital to see if she should go back in. Like yours, they suggested combo feeding for a few days but that led to constipation and the wee one not in a great mood but after a few days the breastfeeding got better and we ditched the formula again. 

A month in however my wife was in agony, not much sleep and painful nipples which obviously got worse when wee baby was feeding but it seemed to happen overnight that the pain went away and feeding became very easy. Just as I was telling her not to feel bad about giving up and going to bottle she pushed herself and got past the pain.

A downside we found to breast feeding was the wee one would only go to sleep at night with my wife taking her to bed and also she refused to take a bottle even with expressed stuff! Tried so many bottles and it never worked. 

Shy of her 1st birthday she had a wee cold and couldn't latch onto my wife anymore, then it was the right time we felt to stop the feeding and now she'll just drink water from a sippy cup. She now goes to bed with me taking her and she's no longer heavily clingy to mummy now. 

Definitely pros and cons to breastfeeding but the pros definitely out weight the many cons. 

Kudos to the girls who do it, I know I couldn't... 

8 hours ago, sjc said:

IMG_20190831_154456.thumb.jpg.02e2a65ebf6600951bb6f7c89e77f16f.jpgSakura had a CT Scan the other week and it came back showing no relapse. That's 2 years since she finished her treatment, a major milestone but just another step along a long road is how I treat it. The Pediatrician is now suggesting that she has a scan once a year as opposed to twice.....not sure how I feel about this.

Anyway, here she is with our new dog, Welsby.

Aye, you'd probably want a scan every month - I know I would! - but it's progress, she's obviously recovering/in remission, try and look on it as a positive.

Does anyone else need to resist all temptation to drop kick their 3 year old at points
The 4 year old does test this resistance a lot. He can be really bright and daft at the same time and when he is in strop it's just wow.

The younger one decided at 14 months to finally take steps unaided, two weeks later he thinks he has to run everywhere.

You end up forgetting you’re covered on baby sick and go out with it dribbkedvall down your back.

Much same after I’ve had a bukkae party.
Indeed. Ah look a wee bit of baby shite on my sleeve. Dabs with baby wipe. Yep that's fine.

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Hey you!
Yes you!
Do you like not sleeping?
Do you like always being tired?
Do you like an empty bank account?
Do you like putting away all your nice things for a decade?

If you answered yes to all of the above then you're going to love babies!

Just kidding, well no I'm not but it's still worth it, congrats emoji16.png

Finding this particularly now. My 4 year old has difficulties that make him extremely impulsive and unable to comprehend instruction, it's like living with a german shepherd constantly having their mad hour. We have a TV with really long and really deep score marks in it, I'm hoping it survives another couple of maturing for the youngest to be worthwhile getting a new one.

Finding this particularly now. My 4 year old has difficulties that make him extremely impulsive and unable to comprehend instruction, it's like living with a german shepherd constantly having their mad hour. We have a TV with really long and really deep score marks in it, I'm hoping it survives another couple of maturing for the youngest to be worthwhile getting a new one.
Can you not put it on the wall? A week after my daughter took her first steps my tele got put up, out of reach.