Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My dotty Canadian aunt has sent me a Xmas parcel that's not arrived. She sent it about 2 months ago. She has a tracking number from where she sent it but that's pretty much useless when you phone up. She has urged me to phone the Post Office to find out where it is. Every time I phone them, I get through to an automated line. There doesn't seem to be any way of speaking to a real person. I'm trying to phone the Glasgow Victoria Road post office to no avail ... there doesn't seem to be any way to ask for a real person. Any ideas?

christmas-jumper.jpg

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My dotty Canadian aunt has sent me a Xmas parcel that's not arrived. She sent it about 2 months ago. She has a tracking number from where she sent it but that's pretty much useless when you phone up. She has urged me to phone the Post Office to find out where it is. Every time I phone them, I get through to an automated line. There doesn't seem to be any way of speaking to a real person. I'm trying to phone the Glasgow Victoria Road post office to no avail ... there doesn't seem to be any way to ask for a real person. Any ideas?

You could try this. https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

8 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm supposed to be driving up to Ballater today.  Given that it's been snowing here in civilisation, am I likely to end up like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining (spoilers) if I do this? 

Image result for trains planes and automobiles gif

I'm supposed to be driving up to Ballater today.  Given that it's been snowing here in civilisation, am I likely to end up like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining (spoilers) if I do this? 

If you do go, please post a resulting picture. I’ve got a job starting up there in January and it’s weather dependant. [emoji23]

It’s rather frosty in Inverness and Elgin anyway!

20 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

P.S. If she didn't send it airmail it could easily take months to arrive.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

P.S. If she didn't send it airmail it could easily take months to arrive.

Aye, she sent it surface mail. But after a fruitless trek to the sorting office, it turns out it was sitting in the post office round the corner. Cheers for the advice guys. 

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What time you passing though Dundee? If i leave my dad on the Kingsway can you take him and drop him off up near Aberdeen somewhere? Ill fill him up with Werthers Originals and make sure he's had a pish beforehand.

Just stopped off at the big Tesco.  If your da can make it in the next 5 minutes and doesn't mind the weans shouting nonsense at him, then tell him to come along. 

10 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Aye, she sent it surface mail. But after a fruitless trek to the sorting office, it turns out it was sitting in the post office round the corner. Cheers for the advice guys. 

Enjoy your new lumberjack shirt and maple syrup flavoured "moose droppings".