Quick Question Thread

Just tell someone else that you know will call the police, you don't have to worry about directly betraying your poor misunderstood friend and you also don't have to worry about him killing people due to his selfish antics.  

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm awful for proof reading something and then very quickly noticing errors once it's been posted. Of particular note is when I think I've nailed it in Word, but then notice a heap of them as soon as I read it in pdf form. 

Is there some sort of psychological reason for this? 'Predictive modelling', or sheer incompetence? 

Snap.  Think it’s because you’ve looked at it so long in Word that you only see what you think you want to see and only the minor change (font/size/colour? I dunno) into .pdf immediately makes it stand out. 

15 hours ago, Raidernation said:

FFS guys, if he’s banned he’s UNINSURED!

Get him off the road before he costs someone money if not their life

Would you shop someone because they were driving around without an MOT and/or car tax, either of which would invalidate their insurance?

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The driver might have being doing the sensible thing and sleeping it off in the back of the car when he got done, and be driving someone to hospital when he was spotted later. Maybe unlikely, but I wouldn't intervene without knowing all the facts, unless he was drunk driving.

Apologies if I've told this before on here.

A guy I knew some years ago worked for an undertaker. He had to go down south with an empty hearse to collect a couple of coffins. Heading for home in the wee sma' hours he began to feel drowsy so pulled into a motorway service area, and parked in a quiet corner where there were no other cars nearby. Unable to get comfortable in the driver's seat, he decided to stretch out in the nicely padded coffin behind him. He was effectively "dead to the world" for several hours, but when he awoke there were 2 cars parked either on side of him. The expressions on the faces of the occupants of these cars, he assured me were utterly priceless, as he sat up from his coffin, before slipping into the driver's seat and driving off!

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm awful for proof reading something and then very quickly noticing errors once it's been posted. Of particular note is when I think I've nailed it in Word, but then notice a heap of them as soon as I read it in pdf form. 

Is there some sort of psychological reason for this? 'Predictive modelling', or sheer incompetence? 

Disgraceful.

Edited just now by Fullerene🙂

Would you shop someone because they were driving around without an MOT and/or car tax, either of which would invalidate their insurance?
I had no idea the wee clique on here were so keen on grassing folk up.

Of course the truth is that more likely they're all talk, and don't actually go phoning the polis whenever they see offences taking place.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Of course the truth is that more likely they're all talk, and don't actually go phoning the polis whenever they see offences taking place.

I've no idea who the clique is in this case, it's a pretty mixed bunch. Don't see any dots flying around.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

What a bizarre post, which I hope you don't mind me giving 1 (one) red dot.

Don't lash out at other people because they think informing someone that an uninsured, banned driver with a history of drink driving is back on the road is a good idea. 

I'm fully behind philpy doing a Lee Wallace/Connor Goldson and shopping the arsehole culprit to the authorities. Drunk motorists are already treated very leniently by the courts, so the least they can do is suffer the hardship of getting a bus or taxi for a few months.

What a bizarre post, which I hope you don't mind me giving 1 (one) red dot.
Don't lash out at other people because they think informing someone that an uninsured, banned driver with a history of drink driving is back on the road is a good idea. 
I'm lashing out at the snidey wee digs.

I've got no issue with someone feeling the need to contact the police in the aforementioned situation. I'm slightly surprised at the posturing of so many on here, without giving it a second thought.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm lashing out at the snidey wee digs.

I've got no issue with someone feeling the need to contact the police in the aforementioned situation. I'm slightly surprised at the posturing of so many on here, without giving it a second thought.

What are the snidey wee digs?

Imagine if your other half got killed by a drunk driver, and you later found out that one of his friends had known that he was up to this sort of nonsense, but had decided to sit on it all because he found it a bit awkward for him.  What your thoughts be towards both of them?

Aye.

Imagine if your other half got killed by a drunk driver, and you later found out that one of his friends had known that he was up to this sort of nonsense, but had decided to sit on it all because he found it a bit awkward for him.  What your thoughts be towards both of them?
Aye.
This guy was driving whilst banned - not driving whilst drunk.

If it was my pal then I'd speak to him about it.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This guy was driving whilst banned - not driving whilst drunk.

If it was my pal then I'd speak to him about it.

Replace drunk with banned and it shouldn’t make much difference.

As for talking to him, if this is the type of person who will drive when banned then he’s probably the type who’s going to say “so? What are you going to do? Grass me up?”.   Power move as you’ll know that he’ll know.

As for talking to him, if this is the type of person who will drive when banned then he’s probably the type who’s going to say “so? What are you going to do? Grass me up?”.   Power move as you’ll know that he’ll know.
You're making massive assumptions here, and there's a big difference between driving drunk and driving banned.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

You're making massive assumptions here, and there's a big difference between driving drunk and driving banned.

What are the snidely wee digs though?