Quick Question Thread

Already have no intention of paying but just checking the correct course of action for a 3rd party parking charge is to promptly recycle it?

This one has a photo of the driver, which is fortunately unclear and certainly not clearly me or Mrs B, and gives the option to transfer liability from keeper to driver, which is more effort than previous ones have gone to. Still though, bin.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Already have no intention of paying but just checking the correct course of action for a 3rd party parking charge is to promptly recycle it?

This one has a photo of the driver, which is fortunately unclear and certainly not clearly me or Mrs B, and gives the option to transfer liability from keeper to driver, which is more effort than previous ones have gone to. Still though, bin.

If they are now resorting to taking pictures of the driver they may take civil action against the driver - however if its not you I or any of the drivers of the vehicle then they are on a hiding to nowhere but would probably have to pursue that through the courts.

If they are now resorting to taking pictures of the driver they may take civil action against the driver - however if its not you I or any of the drivers of the vehicle then they are on a hiding to nowhere but would probably have to pursue that through the courts.
I would say that you cant tell who is driving

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, 101 said:

If the picture is so grainy then chuck it - I'm sure one day they will have a fool proof way of making folk pay for over staying but they aren't there yet as long as you don't post on Facebook about the fine like that nurse did a few years back then its likely they will pursue it for a while and then give up. This is of course my opinion and you should contact a lawyer for professional advice :) 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, 101 said:

I would agree. The quality of these photos tends to be pisspoor.

Plus, how would they recognise you even if it was crystal clear HD? Are you known to them? Unless the DVLA have started flogging access to our licence photos as well as all our other data, how can they tell who is driving?

Fúck. Them. Right. Off.

ETA: Good luck with identifying me from my licence picture, btw. It was taken just after radiotherapy treatment, when I was rocking the "my camp's just been liberated" look.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Plus, how would they recognise you even if it was crystal clear HD? Are you known to them? Unless the DVLA have started flogging access to our licence photos as well as all our other data, how can they tell who is driving?

Fúck. Them. Right. Off.

Yeah I am more thinking if they actually did take it to court though I would have to be unlucky to be chosen for that. 

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Fúck. Them. Right. Off.

I don't know if the DVLA are compelled to provide driving licence photos to resolve a civil matter - I would imagine not as its for the car parking company to prove who it was that was driving not for the DVLA.

Cant image these companies have deep enough pockets to take everyone to court but they will target the big hitters like the afore mentioned health care professional 

Just now, 101 said:

I don't know if the DVLA are compelled to provide driving licence photos to resolve a civil matter - I would imagine not as its for the car parking company to prove who it was that was driving not for the DVLA.

Cant image these companies have deep enough pockets to take everyone to court but they will target the big hitters like the afore mentioned health care professional 

Nobody compels them to provide all the other data they hold - they will happily sell access to the likes of these cunty parking firms, among others. That these parasites have the information to decide who is worth pursuing and who isn't gives you an idea of how this works.

I assume some stubborn remnant of proper privacy legislation prevents them from sharing pictures - although I may well be wrong. It won't be a moral issue, that's for sure.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

car.jpg.29e57b8c9ea53237494958237faf75f3.jpg

Are you sure that's not you in the photo? Banged to rights if you ask me.. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, 101 said:

Just a head peeking over the steering wheel?

Does anyone else find themselves eating absolute shite when they're working a Nightshift? I've tried to just flip my meal times by 12 hours but I still end up digging into multiple bags of crisps and Haribo which I wouldn't normally do through the day.

Yes, that’s why I take Metformin, Ramapril and Atorvastatin

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has anyone ever leased their cars before? Might upgrade in the next couple of years and wonder if this is a route worth going down.

There have been loads of discussions about this in the car threads. From what I can gather it's worth it if you want a flash new car every 3 years and keep to a low mileage. If you're more concerned about the cost buy a 3 year old car with cash or a loan, and with low mileage on the clock, and run it into the wrecker's yard.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has anyone ever leased their cars before? Might upgrade in the next couple of years and wonder if this is a route worth going down.

Depends on circumstances. I’m on my 3rd lease in a row, 4th overall, all have suited me and worked out well.  

Also, I used to live on pakora when I worked nights. 

Two topics in one in that reply. Efficient. 

There have been loads of discussions about this in the car threads. From what I can gather it's worth it if you want a flash new car every 3 years and keep to a low mileage. If you're more concerned about the cost buy a 3 year old car with cash or a loan, and with low mileage on the clock, and run it into the wrecker's yard.
Where can I find the car threads? Never knew they existed tbh. Just in the GN forum?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Where can I find the car threads? Never knew they existed tbh. Just in the GN forum?

Aye, there's a few. Here's a specific one but could be out of date.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/213092-car-leasing/#comments

Depends on circumstances. I’m on my 3rd lease in a row, 4th overall, all have suited me and worked out well.  

Also, I used to live on pakora when I worked nights. 

Two topics in one in that reply. Efficient. 

My first night down here was the first time I ever tried doner pakora, horrible stuff.

On 29/08/2020 at 17:21, Alert Mongoose said:

I realise that, just wondered what the police view was.  Was travelling back down the A9 yesterday and there seemed to be plenty of folk steaming by while I was sitting at a steady 60/70 on dual carriageway 

North of Perth, the average speed cameras don't work on the dual carriageway sections (if you look they're all placed a few hundred yards in to the single sections). On the single sections I'll generally sit with cruise control set at 65. On the Perth to Dunblane road I set it to 75.