Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I refer you to my honourable friend Mr Brian Parkyn.

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/commons/1967/jul/25/duodecimal-currency-and-mensuration

P.S.The Duodecimal system had 240 pennies to the pound btw.

I bet I'm not the only one who read that link as something else.

On 14/08/2020 at 16:40, Bully Wee Villa said:

That doesn't answer either. Duodecimal should surely mean twelve pennies to the pound? 2+10=12, not 240!

12 pennies to the shilling though. They should just call a pound a tenner, a10p a 1p, and get rid of the shrapnel. Just to make you happy. And me come to it. 

Edited by welshbairn

11 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Got a parking charge from Horizon, has anyone had one of these and did you pay it?

Not sure whether I should pay it, its 70quid !

I'd return it to sender, without a stamp, with "read up about Scots Law you cnuts" written on the envelope.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I refer you to my honourable friend Mr Brian Parkyn.

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/commons/1967/jul/25/duodecimal-currency-and-mensuration

P.S.The Duodecimal system had 240 pennies to the pound btw.

I thought that was some old Tory wittering on but Parkyn was a Labour MP who was a conscientious objector in WWII and who won the Bedford seat from Fatty Soames' dad in 1964.

Flanian pobblebeads are the currency we should be using btw 

On 11/08/2020 at 17:26, Empty It said:
On 11/08/2020 at 17:19, Dee Man said:
All you guys changing energy suppliers hahaha what you want is to have only one electricity supplier available to you so they can charge you what the f**k they want and then you don't have to worry about the hassle of changing companies. 
Hiya Synergy, hiya pal!

Soviet Russia approves of this comment.

So do large parts of Capitalist America. Speaking from experience.

Wonder how long it'll take before we end up with a free market with a single option, after they all consume each other.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Not ideal, but I'll take it over McDonalds.

Ah, but the name McDonald's is handily non-specific, whereas Taco Bell (or Pizza Hut in the European versions of Demolition Man) are both restricting themselves somewhat unless they engage in a serious rebranding exercise.  I suppose they could just drop the Taco and become just 'Bell', although in North America, which would probably be their primary source of revenue, this runs the risk of the consumer being unable to differentiate between a restaurant franchise and a major telecommunications company.   Perhaps I'm thinking about this too much.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Ah, but the name McDonald's is handily non-specific, whereas Taco Bell (or Pizza Hut in the European versions of Demolition Man) are both restricting themselves somewhat unless they engage in a serious rebranding exercise.  I suppose they could just drop the Taco and become just 'Bell', although in North America, which would probably be their primary source of revenue, this runs the risk of the consumer being unable to differentiate between a restaurant franchise and a major telecommunications company.   Perhaps I'm thinking about this too much.

True, but Taco Bell will sell you a Gordita, Chalupa, Mucho Grande Nachos, and have their own custom flavours of Mountain Dew. Even taking into account the cockroach parts, that's still the kind of quality McDonalds can only dream of.

47 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I suppose if Krispy Kreme, McDonald's, Taco Bell and Ben and Jerry's all merged the company could be called Krispy BellEnDs

Sadly, we do not live in this world. The company that owns Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, and assorted other brands is called...Yum.

Yum. Corporate artistry at its finest.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 20:43, welshbairn said:

12 shillings to the pound though. They should just call a pound a tenner, a10p a 1p, and get rid of the shrapnel. Just to make you happy. And me come to it. 

12 pennies in a shilling and 20 shillings in a pound surely. 

I'm just about to submit my bank statement to a landlord, but just noticed that I've referenced one of my outgoing payments (a payment to my girlfriend after a Nando's takeaway) as 'chickennnnn muthafuckkkkkkka'. Now, is there any way of changing the content of these references after the payment has been sent? 

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm just about to submit my bank statement to a landlord, but just noticed that I've referenced one of my outgoing payments (a payment to my girlfriend after a Nando's takeaway) as 'chickennnnn muthafuckkkkkkka'. Now, is there any way of changing the content of these references after the payment has been sent? 

Just tell him/her it was an up-market exotic Nepalese or Meghalayan takeaway.  They'll think you have class.

48 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Not that I've ever heard - use pay Pal to send and receive money especially if someone will be looking at your statements :lol:

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Nope but I wouldn't worry tbh. I work for a bank and some of the references I see are ridiculous. Payment for Anal is a memorable one 

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

13 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Nope but I wouldn't worry tbh. I work for a bank and some of the references I see are ridiculous. Payment for Anal is a memorable one 

I will see if I can screenshot mines, they're all about dildos, nappies, used panties and most common is payment for crayon eating live feed. :lol:

EDIT : can't screenshot it on my phone. I must have deleted the nappy and dildo ones there only remains 2 for dirty panties (1 a sniffer feed) and 2 for crayon eating. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I will see if I can screenshot mines, they're all about dildos, nappies, used panties and most common is payment for crayon eating live feed. :lol:

EDIT : can't screenshot it on my phone. I must have deleted the nappy and dildo ones there only remains 2 for dirty panties (1 a sniffer feed) and 2 for crayon eating. 

Is the dirty nappy one for that korma pizza?

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

If you're printing it from your online account it would be easy to remove it.