Quick Question Thread

Travelex aren't bad for online rates but are terrible at airports. I'd think about a Revolut card for using abroad in ATMs and shops. For cash Tesco are often good but it's worth shopping around. Used to use Currency Club online for delivery to home, but they aren't that competitive anymore unless you want thousands. Tbh I just pop into the post office and buy a hundred euros in small notes before travelling, and use cards most of the time when I'm away.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money/

Usually a good place to start when weighing up the various options of cards/pre-pay cards/cash etc

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Got an old friend descending on me for a few days who is now a vegetarian. Anyone got any decent recipes or suggestions for veggie ready meals that taste like real food?

If you were staying with him, would he cook meat dishes for you?

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Got an old friend descending on me for a few days who is now a vegetarian. Anyone got any decent recipes or suggestions for veggie ready meals that taste like real food?

It doesn't matter what you  give them. It'll  be followed by " everyone assumes vegetarians like mushrooms/tofu/salad...it's ok, It's fine really, it looks lovely..."

Tell them to fùck off now, it'll save time.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just cook them normal peoples food and say "it's amazing what they can do with soya these days". 

This is our go to recipe when any plant munchers are coming round

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/pasta-recipes/roasted-mediterranean-vegetable-lasagne

It's actually decent enough, and we sometimes have it as a change from a standard lasagne

Two from Tom Kerridge - 

Mixed bean, roasted pepper & feta salad.

Griddled veg & halloumi with couscous.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Make a nice sausage casserole with chick peas and butter beans before she arrives. Take sausages out for yourself before serving the rest.

This is reminding me of an episode of the Royle Family, when Nana was introduced to Anthony's girlfriend, Emma. 

On learning that Emma was vegetarian, Nana replied : 

"Oh dear, what a shame, that must be awful for you"

"What about these wafer thin ham slices, wouldn't you be able to eat them?"

10 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

This is reminding me of an episode of the Royle Family, when Nana was introduced to Anthony's girlfriend, Emma. 

On learning that Emma was vegetarian, Nana replied : 

"Oh dear, what a shame, that must be awful for you"

"What about these wafer thin ham slices, wouldn't you be able to eat them?"

40 odd years ago my mate came round to the house and said he was a veggie.

My mum made a Hawaiian pizza for him.

"Mrs L, I'm vegetarian now".

My mum "it's just wee pieces of ham though".