Quick Question Thread

11 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Have you tried using your railcard?  You might get a discount.

"Would you like to go around the world, sir?"
"I was hoping I could just get off at Haymarket"

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Scotrailed. 

Brilliant idea for a Bang Bus style website.

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

"Would you like to go around the world, sir?"
"I was hoping I could just get off at Haymarket"

Brilliant idea for a Bang Bus style website.

I saw a Bang Bus held on a Stagecoach hosted by Brian Soutar. 

Like A Handmaid's Tale, a sheet with a wee hole in it and lots of prayer. 

3/10.

On 29/04/2023 at 10:10, Derry Alli said:

Why is "wee heavy" called wee heavy when it's brewed to a higher alcohol percentage than "heavy"?

I always understood it was because it was served in smaller measures than standard.

Either that or they had a well-developed sense of irony in 18th century Scotland.

On 29/04/2023 at 10:10, Derry Alli said:

Why is "wee heavy" called wee heavy when it's brewed to a higher alcohol percentage than "heavy"?

Why can something be wee and heavy at the same time? This surely defies the laws of physics.

Next someone will be saying a tonne of feathers and a tonne of steel weigh the same.

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Why can something be wee and heavy at the same time? This surely defies the laws of physics.

Next someone will be saying a tonne of feathers and a tonne of steel weigh the same.

You have clearly never been to Northern Ireland where it would, for instance, be considered perfectly normal to ask for a wee Big Mac.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Correct. And I have no plans to go either.

Unless @Jacksgranda invites me over to see his "snow on the Sperrins".

It'll be a few months before that happens.

Not sure about the invite, though...

I used to go out with a girl from Northern Ireland. Went over for a romantic weekend. Plane landed Friday afternoon and her dog died about 2 hours later. So, instead of spending my Friday night going tatters deep, I spent it helping her did dig a grave for a beloved family pet. 

All my plans out the window. I shovelled the dirt onto the dog corpse with some venom. The ultimate in cock-blocking. 

Went to The Emirates with my youngest, her pal from Primary and her Arsenal-supporting auld man yesterday evening.  Great game for the neutral but a cruel way for Arsenal to go out.  

A couple of rows in front of us sat a family - maw, paw and two weans - in the green and grey hoops with the young ones being FKWs.

Driving back to leafy South Bucks, the Gooner dad and I agreed it was odd behaviour whilst the lassies thought it was ok to wear your team's colours at any game you like.

So, my QQ is:  If you went to a UWCL match in London would you wear your team's replica jersey or would you just be normal?

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I used to go out with a girl from Northern Ireland. Went over for a romantic weekend. Plane landed Friday afternoon and her dog died about 2 hours later. So, instead of spending my Friday night going tatters deep, I spent it helping her did dig a grave for a beloved family pet. 

All my plans out the window. I shovelled the dirt onto the dog corpse with some venom. The ultimate in cock-blocking. 

6D041C81-02E4-437B-B1C2-D591955C2FD5.webp.6c66dee3a848153a8ed4dc8a5a6f1ee6.webp

22 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

You have clearly never been to Northern Ireland 

22 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Correct. And I have no plans to go either

Big team found

22 hours ago, scottsdad said:

No surrender to the canine ender.