Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

I phoned them on Friday and the person "thought" it was still there. Wasn't convinced, so we drove down earlier - nae coo. Good news, though, the coo is down being cleaned and painted and will be back up soon.

It's having a wee calf.

1 hour ago, bobbykdy said:

Stop people accidentally/deliberately to be c***s (delete as applicable) taking the locker keys away with them. Much less likely to do it if you forfeit £1 to do so.

D'you know what, my OCD would love it if I could keep the same locker at my gym. I hate it if I go in, and some fecker's already taken the one I like to use. £1 well spent imo. 

Yes, I have cunty tendencies. 

3 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

I phoned them on Friday and the person "thought" it was still there. Wasn't convinced, so we drove down earlier - nae coo. Good news, though, the coo is down being cleaned and painted and will be back up soon.

Herd they couldn't get insurance to clean it in situ as the steaks were just too high.

15 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

D'you know what, my OCD would love it if I could keep the same locker at my gym. I hate it if I go in, and some fecker's already taken the one I like to use. £1 well spent imo. 

Yes, I have cunty tendencies. 

Love to see your reaction when the £1 key doesn’t work because they rekeyed it.

3 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Anyone know which wire goes where? It's for a light fitting. I was going to screw them in at the opposite ends. The blue at the bottom last hole and the brown at the top last hole.

Or is it just trial and error?

20230613_211623.jpg

20230613_211011.jpg

Trial and error works for me.

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Anyone know which wire goes where? It's for a light fitting. I was going to screw them in at the opposite ends. The blue at the bottom last hole and the brown at the top last hole.

Or is it just trial and error?

20230613_211623.jpg

20230613_211011.jpg

Brown top (live)

Blue bottom (neutral) 

Middle is your loop.

Turn the light circuits off at the fusebox either by tripping the circuit breakers or removing the fuses. If you need light, plug a standard lamp or similar into the wall.

Assuming that there's no switch between the ceiling rose & the lightbulb, it doesn't really matter which way round you connect them, but as Empty it says, I would go with the live wire at the top (live)