Quick Question Thread

On 06/10/2022 at 11:06, DiegoDiego said:

I used to live above an offy. We'd put our order in a basket with some cash, lower it down then haul it back up with the product. Moved away a couple months after it opened though.

And six weeks later...

Threshers.jpg

Edited by GordonD

Trying to remember a dance track from the late 90's early 2000's, I remember really liking it but can't for the life of me, remember what it was called. 

I do remember bits from the video, it had the artist, in a space, jet style computer simulation fighting off other jets (I think!) Could have been Paul Oakenfold, but probably wasn't.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Trying to remember a dance track from the late 90's early 2000's, I remember really liking it but can't for the life of me, remember what it was called. 

I do remember bits from the video, it had the artist, in a space, jet style computer simulation fighting off other jets (I think!) Could have been Paul Oakenfold, but probably wasn't.

Thoughts?

This isn't it, but it's from the right time period, has a plane in it, and I just love this fucking song.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

No that's not it. Nice effort though, I forgot about that track! What program/film is that from?

It was more computer gamey than that and I think it had an orange background.

Edited by johnnydun

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No that's not it. Nice effort though, I forgot about that track! What program/film is that from?

It was more computer gamey than that and I think it had an orange background.

The Bourne Identity

ETA: The only fighter jet video I can think of is this one, but I wouldn't say it's an orangey background

Edited by Mark Connolly

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Bourne Identity

ETA: The only fighter jet video I can think of is this one, but I wouldn't say it's an orangey background

Nah more shit graphics than that, like this, but not this... I actually thought I had it for a second.

In the video, the guy is just sitting in a seat with his controller in his hand.

I had a flight booked with Qatar Airways, in which they changed one of the legs by 6 hours or so and made it unworkable. I had an online chat with them, and eventually they agreed that because they’d changed the flight I could cancel and would not be charged the standard cancellation fees of about £200 per ticket (and therefore would get full value back as a refund). Kept the chat log, because as I expected when I did cancel I was charged the fees so I’m missing about £400 of the refund. I opened a case with them and provided the chat log showing then agreeing that I wouldn’t be charged cancellation, but it’s been nearly a month and have yet to have any update.

Should I go to the ombudsman, or is there any better way to get this moving?

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I had a flight booked with Qatar Airways, in which they changed one of the legs by 6 hours or so and made it unworkable. I had an online chat with them, and eventually they agreed that because they’d changed the flight I could cancel and would not be charged the standard cancellation fees of about £200 per ticket (and therefore would get full value back as a refund). Kept the chat log, because as I expected when I did cancel I was charged the fees so I’m missing about £400 of the refund. I opened a case with them and provided the chat log showing then agreeing that I wouldn’t be charged cancellation, but it’s been nearly a month and have yet to have any update.

Should I go to the ombudsman, or is there any better way to get this moving?

Have you tried having an open, public chat with them about it on their Twitter/Social Media?

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That’s a good idea actually, done that before with this type of thing but for some reason hadn’t thought of it now!

Having experience of running a large company's SM team, nothing makes them more worried than having to conduct their customer service in public.

They'll try everything to push you into a DM convo (validly saying they need your personal details which shouldn't be public), but DM them what they need, and then go back into public view for the rest of the conversation.