Quick Question Thread

Benjamin Nevis has been Jupe's most recent username. I just assumed he was fed up with dealing with the people harmed by government policy, then coming home and reading their supporters' psychopathic justifications.

Amusingly, one of the multi-account banned Politics aliases was gloating about him being a banned multi-account alias recently, entirely missing the difference between someone changing their username from time to time and being repeatedly kicked off the site because their presence wasn't wanted.

Err, my free version of MS Office which was pre-installed on the laptop I bought a couple of years ago is about to expire. I know I could purchase a new one of these fine packages and of course I will. But I got to thinking, do people REALLY know how to get it without paying. I know it sounds outrageous and is something I would never, ever do.

Have any of you fine people heard of such a thing happening? Please share your story with me and we can tut and shake our heads about the kind of people that would do such a thing.

Spoiler

PM me please.

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Err, my free version of MS Office which was pre-installed on the laptop I bought a couple of years ago is about to expire. I know I could purchase a new one of these fine packages and of course I will. But I got to thinking, do people REALLY know how to get it without paying. I know it sounds outrageous and is something I would never, ever do.

Have any of you fine people heard of such a thing happening? Please share your story with me and we can tut and shake our heads about the kind of people that would do such a thing.

Reveal hidden contents

PM me please.

There are a few KMS activation tools that people have made - you download the Enterprise image of Windows/Office from Microsoft, them run the tool and it imitates a KMS server (which activates Microsoft products in corporate environments). Unfortunately, I haven't used one in so long that I forget what the last one was called, and things move so fast that it could have been superseded by now anyway. You can pick up a few search terms to try from that paragraph, however!

Just a word of warming - these are always wee programming/scripting projects that people upload to places like GitHub or programming forums, not dedicated websites. If someone's trying to get money from you, it's a scam. They also don't work with Office 365, so if that's what you've been using, you'd need to uninstall and then install a desktop version (which you can download directly from Microsoft).

Also...erm...piracy is bad, kids; don't do it  :wacko:

I miss the good old days when the local markets were rammed full of people selling pirated software. Once paid £20 for a disc that contained over £3,500 worth of stuff like Auto Cad and full versions of Photoshop. 
Just a pity that I never had a single clue about how to use them.

2 hours ago, supermik said:

I miss the good old days when the local markets were rammed full of people selling pirated software. Once paid £20 for a disc that contained over £3,500 worth of stuff like Auto Cad and full versions of Photoshop. 
Just a pity that I never had a single clue about how to use them.

Yep, the Barras was a magical place. A filthy, grotty, magical place.

You can download virtually anything you want for free within minutes now, but where's the fun in that?

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

Yep, the Barras was a magical place. A filthy, grotty, magical place.

You can download virtually anything you want for free within minutes now, but where's the fun in that?

I once managed to have coitus with a lady purely for the fact I had a pirate copy of Dodgeballl I purchased that very day from The Barras. Don't get that with Amazon Prime 

3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I once managed to have coitus with a lady purely for the fact I had a pirate copy of Dodgeballl I purchased that very day from The Barras. Don't get that with Amazon Prime 

xkjl0qbzr9z31.jpg

5 hours ago, BTFD said:

There are a few KMS activation tools that people have made - you download the Enterprise image of Windows/Office from Microsoft, them run the tool and it imitates a KMS server (which activates Microsoft products in corporate environments). Unfortunately, I haven't used one in so long that I forget what the last one was called, and things move so fast that it could have been superseded by now anyway. You can pick up a few search terms to try from that paragraph, however!

Just a word of warming - these are always wee programming/scripting projects that people upload to places like GitHub or programming forums, not dedicated websites. If someone's trying to get money from you, it's a scam. They also don't work with Office 365, so if that's what you've been using, you'd need to uninstall and then install a desktop version (which you can download directly from Microsoft).

Also...erm...piracy is bad, kids; don't do it  :wacko:

April Fools Day Car GIF

11 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Can you do polls on posts or does it need to be a new thread each time?

If so would be a good feature to add imo.

Just make a link to some sort of online one like Typeform if you can't. If it was caught up in the body of a thread rather than on the header it'd likely get forgotten about a couple of pages on anyway. 

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Reveal hidden contents

PM me please.

Switch over to the free Google version? With the move the Office 365, it’s increasingly difficult to activate or spoof.