Quick Question Thread

On 11/02/2024 at 10:18, coprolite said:

After a close call involving a lack of concentration, absent-mindedness and slightly similar packaging, i wondered if any P&Bers know what the consequence of applying Colgate Whitening to piles may be? 

nobby.jpg.b10de5c2419d422fd885388cda3ff7ce.jpg

They need to widen their customer base to include the incestuous to replace the increasing number of people who see commercially-driven events as the sham they are.  Call me cynical, but:

January: Counting money from Christmas 

February: Valentines Day

March: Mother's Day & Easter

April: Dividend payments 

June: Father's Day

July:  Start of school holidays when half the country's abroad, so no point in asking them to buy cards then.

August: Most popular month for birthdays & wedding anniversaries 

September: World Atopic Eczema Day

December (now into Nov for the early buyers): Christmas 

Edited by Hedgecutter

23 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

When did this happen?

20240212_125922.jpg

Boy I was at school with, his mum used to send him a V day card.

Odd chap though, once came into PE covered in what he claimed were love bites, only to them admit he's done them himself with the hoover 😂

I mind my iPhone pinged up it was Mother's day the next day (it was about August) and in a panic went into Clinton's in the Overgate where I proceeded to make a rip-roaring cųnt of myself pointing at my phone saying  "nah, look, it says it's the morn"

Has QAnon or similar crackpots taken over the road signs around the outskirts of Edinburgh? For a few days now, instead of the overhead motorway matrix signs displaying “Don’t drive when tired as you may cause an accident and endanger a other people and if you’ve read this you’ve travelled a quarter of a mile without looking at the road” or “don’t take drugs” or “this sign is not in use” they are saying “RED X IS MANDATORY”. WTF are they on about? 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Has QAnon or similar crackpots taken over the road signs around the outskirts of Edinburgh? For a few days now, instead of the overhead motorway matrix signs displaying “Don’t drive when tired as you may cause an accident and endanger a other people and if you’ve read this you’ve travelled a quarter of a mile without looking at the road” or “don’t take drugs” or “this sign is not in use” they are saying “RED X IS MANDATORY”. WTF are they on about? 

Pretty obvious. 

Red X is mandatory.

❌

On 12/02/2024 at 22:13, Hedgecutter said:

July:  Start of school holidays when half the country's abroad, so no point in asking them to buy cards then

You're obviously not aware of the scam that is thank you cards for teachers along with a selection of gifts for them.

42 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Noticed this the about a week ago when there was an accident on the M9 spur and a lane was closed.  I assumed someone hadn’t got round to the part of the checklist that said “put signs back to normal”.  Fucked off on half-term holiday I reckon.