Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

My immersor has packed in (boiler still working, thankfully). Any heating engineers on here fancy a job?

That is lucky - her wages will come in handy paying for the repair. 

On 25/03/2024 at 17:02, BFTD said:

Two questions:

• is @SlipperyP a shared account? He doesn't half go back and forth between cogent messages and the confusing pidgin and music videos that we've all come to know and love.

Very much, did you not know I'm at IT!

3 sides to this sad fucker.1.  Intelligent well thought induvial, that can discuss more or less any topic. 2. An absolute gob shite that will rise to anything and  clean your durty mooth with a swipe of my paw. 3. Feart wee boy, that you'll not here from..

Most days I just play fiba with my son, and practice dancing with my daughter 

• 2 weeks later...

If you go over your personal allowance for interest on savings how would the government know? Especially if it is over multiple savings accounts?

Are you meant to self declare this?

I'll be shifting some into a new ISA for 24/25 but just curious if there is any real jeopardy in just keeping it in high interest savings accounts?

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

If you go over your personal allowance for interest on savings how would the government know? Especially if it is over multiple savings accounts?

I'll be shifting some into a new ISA for 24/25 but just curious if there is any real jeopardy in just keeping it in high interest savings accounts?

Have a word with the King and see if he can tell you how to manage to voluntarily pay income tax.  Seems only fair that we are all "in it" together.

The 40% inheritance tax:

Does the £325k exemption threshold apply to each estate transfer, or is it a personal limit for everything over the years?

I.e. Hypothetically speaking for simplicity, if both a parent and an unmarried partner left me 325k in their will, would my inheritance tax bill be £0, or £130k (40% of one of those 325k transfers)?

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Inheritance tax:

Does the £325k threshold apply to each estate transfer, or is it a personal limit for everything over the years?

I.e. Hypothetically speaking, if both a parent and an unmarried partner left me 325k in their will, would my inheritance tax bill be £0, or 40% of 325k?

The inheritance tax is on the wealth of each of them.  So it is £325K each or £650K combined.

After it is taxed the remainder can then be dished out to you or whoever.

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The 40% inheritance tax:

Does the £325k exemption threshold apply to each estate transfer, or is it a personal limit for everything over the years?

I.e. Hypothetically speaking for simplicity, if both a parent* and an unmarried partner** left me 325k in their will, would my inheritance tax bill be £0, or £130k (40% of one of those 325k transfers)?

Milky bars are on Hedgecutter. 

2 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Milky bars are on Hedgecutter. 

I wish 😄

Was just easier to ask that way than a far more complex, more realistic option that has no promise of happening years down the line.  I'll be lucky to get a box of milky bars off my parents at present.

Cheers Fullerene.

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I wish 😄

Was just easier to ask that way than a far more complex, more realistic option that has no promise of happening years down the line.  I'll be lucky to get a box of milky bars off my parents at present.

Cheers Fullerene.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

On 06/04/2024 at 14:16, invergowrie arab said:

HMRC can get interest details from banks without warrants or anything and i think that banks report all these details automatically, including overseas accounts. Whether HMRC's system picks up the fact that yours is over an allowance is another question. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

HMRC can get interest details from banks without warrants or anything and i think that banks report all these details automatically, including overseas accounts. Whether HMRC's system picks up the fact that yours is over an allowance is another question. 

I'd gamble on civil service incompetence meaning there songs be collection. They'll probably be too busy doing Health and Safety or Diversity training.

We do courses all year but set aside 10 days of compulsory work, I take those as holidays.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The 40% inheritance tax:

I.e. Hypothetically speaking for simplicity, if both a parent and an unmarried partner left me 325k in their will, would my inheritance tax bill be £0, or £130k (40% of one of those 325k transfers)?

Hiya Angela Rayner, hiya pal.

On 28/02/2024 at 23:08, Bairnardo said:

Anyone ever tried Ayahuasca? PM if public discussion doesn't suit....

Months in Iquitos pal, I'm an Ayahauscero

On 28/02/2024 at 23:08, Bairnardo said:

Anyone ever tried Ayahuasca? PM if public discussion doesn't suit....

I've just seen this but no, not yet. I have been looking into it, DMT in Spain. If you fancy it next year, give is a shout.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm more of an Ayayabastudthatssair

Very poor, must do better, google is yer friend. Iquitos the most isolated city in the world!

For War Veterans with PTSD (met 1 who faught in Vietnam from USA), many British veterans, rape victums (gang rape I'm talking), Severe depression, drug addiction, cures heroin addicts in 2 weeks, I've seen it all. Educated yourself.

Ayahuasca is medicine!!! Less risky than Iboga / Ibogaine. Google ;)

Only for those really, fucked up. Alcoholics, drug junkies etc etc