Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Thanks for that. I tried it.

The link takes you to a page about changing notes at participating branches and gives a link for you to find one. You put your postcode in and it takes you to a branch finder page, where you put in your postcode.  You put in your postcode and the nearest branch is given. Hurrah.

You go to that branch only to be told that no, that don't do it there. You tell them that the website says they do, or at least gives no indication that they don't, but no...

So I went to a branch of the RBS which was further away and was able to deposit all the notes into my account.

No wonder the Post Office gets bad press.  If they can't even get accurate information about services on their website they deserve all the keech they get.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Hi folks.

Our lad has paid us for some event tickets but still had paper banknotes. We took them because we knew they could be traded in for the newer plastic ones.

Trouble is, they are from 4 different banks - BoS, RBS, Clydesdale and even one BoE.

Anyone know if they can all be traded in at one bank or if we have to visit 3 or 4?  I've has a quick look online but no clear answer jumped out at me.

Thanks.

Just head to the local strip club. Stuff them down a few thongs. 

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Thanks for that. I tried it.

The link takes you to a page about changing notes at participating branches and gives a link for you to find one. You put your postcode in and it takes you to a branch finder page, where you put in your postcode.  You put in your postcode and the nearest branch is given. Hurrah.

You go to that branch only to be told that no, that don't do it there. You tell them that the website says they do, or at least gives no indication that they don't, but no...

So I went to a branch of the RBS which was further away and was able to deposit all the notes into my account.

No wonder the Post Office gets bad press.  If they can't even get accurate information about services on their website they deserve all the keech they get.

Used to work at a Post Office. Can confirm. We would get folk coming in all the time for services we didn't do, and it would always turn out that their website said we did. According to the boss, no amount of asking them to change it would make a difference.

Just now, scottsdad said:

Had never occurred to me until now, but they must get slipped fake notes for lapdances all the time.

Never been to a strip club, but I presume the lassies don't whip out a UV light from their arsecrack when handed cash?

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Had never occurred to me until now, but they must get slipped fake notes for lapdances all the time.

Never been to a strip club, but I presume the lassies don't whip out a UV light from their arsecrack when handed cash?

I think the last thing anyone would want is to see a UV light in a strip club. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523gczsyp7sqcm0c4e6r

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Hi folks.

Our lad has paid us for some event tickets but still had paper banknotes. We took them because we knew they could be traded in for the newer plastic ones.

Trouble is, they are from 4 different banks - BoS, RBS, Clydesdale and even one BoE.

Anyone know if they can all be traded in at one bank or if we have to visit 3 or 4?  I've has a quick look online but no clear answer jumped out at me.

Thanks.

Spend 'em in the self service checkouts of your local supermarket...

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

...though this sounds much more fun.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

@Hedgecutter explain this rock in football terms please.

IMG_9149.jpeg

The big pebble is a quartz vein that intruded a white/black 'granite' in the metamorphic basement.  What you see is a sliver of the granitic host rock from the vein margin.  Rivers ripped up bits of that basement and transported them downstream, rounding it on the way.  Result is a rounded pebble in a fine river sand.

The giant that is Brechin City (showing a sliver of their former life in the SPFL) taken from it's original home and dropped amongst the wee teams of the HL.  Trying to get out, but just falling short.  Buckie Thistle's presence is also conspicuous at the top, but they're too well embedded to move with any ease.

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 01/05/2024 at 21:28, scottsdad said:

My Wife says that I never solve my own problems.
How do I prove her wrong?

Quadratic equations

Or just tell her "I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one" and run.. 

Posted (edited)

Does the pale-coloured soggy inner part of the pastry on a steak pie have a name, and if so, what is it called?

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Does the pale-coloured soggy inner part of the pastry on a steak pie have a name, and if so, what is it called?

Yes. The best bit. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

The beef rectum.

Yum.