Quick Question Thread

Edinburgh Playhouse. How long on foot from Waverley? And pubs nearby; where's best? Not looking for a big giant boozer. Somewhere with a decent selection of taps and whatnot.

5 minutes walk and there's a pub right next door. No idea what's on tap or anything because I never went in though.

Im not no. Its not the same version I dont think its only four chords repeating themselves that I got of ultimate guitar. Ill be sure to let you all know how it goes down next week.

You trying to get your hole?

Edinburgh Playhouse. How long on foot from Waverley? And pubs nearby; where's best? Not looking for a big giant boozer. Somewhere with a decent selection of taps and whatnot.

Its a 5-10 minute walk. Plenty of pubs around it, head into the Omni centre and there's a selection of pubs that are reasonably priced and do cheap grub too. Walkabout and a Spoons type place. There is a lovely place next door, a bit queer mind.

As Mrs M says, about a 5 minute walk.

When you come out of Waverly,use the Princess Street exit which takes you out between The Balmoral Hotel and Waverly Shopping Centre.

On the opposite side of Princes Street is a McDonalds on the corner,cross and go up the side,which is the start of Rose Street,here you will find The Guidford Arms and Cafe Royal next door to each other,both cracking boozers with good selection of beers

http://www.guildfordarms.com/

http://www.caferoyal.org.uk/thebar.htm

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Is it the digital switch-over tonight, yeah? I can't seem to get any BBC channels just now.

Does anyone know when this will be fixed?

I know that it's on 8 June in Glasgow, so aye it'll be tonight. You also need to retune after the switch, so in the morning.

See the big machines in the Terminator films?... Is there a normal Terminator robot flying/operating them?

I always took them to be self aware but wondered what others thoughts were.

No I don't think so. Remember the ones in the 3rd film that 'came to life', so to speak? Well I think they're like those ones. Were they not built by humans and then skynet took over them and gave them a mind of their own?

When you come out of Waverly,use the Princess Street exit which takes you out between The Balmoral Hotel and Waverly Shopping Centre.

Don't listen to this guy. If you exit at Carlton Road you avoid all the steps and exit Waverly closer to your destination. You also get to see the setting from the opening bit in Trainspotting, where Renton comes across that car after legging it down Princes St.

It will take you less than 5mins.

Edited by Enigma

You trying to get your hole?

Its a 5-10 minute walk. Plenty of pubs around it, head into the Omni centre and there's a selection of pubs that are reasonably priced

and do cheap grub too. Walkabout and a Spoons type place. There is a lovely place next door, a bit queer mind.

Nope just show off a bit.

As Mrs M says, about a 5 minute walk.

On the opposite side of Princes Street is a McDonalds on the corner,cross and go up the side,which is the start of Rose Street,here you will find The Guidford Arms and Cafe Royal next door to each other,both cracking boozers with good selection of beers

http://www.guildfordarms.com/

http://www.caferoyal.org.uk/thebar.htm

The MacDonalds is no longer there and it isn't the start of Rose St (which starts at the Sainsburys Metro on St Andrew's Square), but I totally agree re the Guildford and Cafe Royal, two cracking pubs.

See the big machines in the Terminator films?... Is there a normal Terminator robot flying/operating them?

I always took them to be self aware but wondered what others thoughts were.

Thye're self-aware robots in their own right.

Does anyone know a car insurance company that will insure new drivers for a short term, say 2 months? I passed my test recently and I want to be able to drive over the summer but theres no point getting insurance for a year because I won't be using the car for that long.

Does anyone know a car insurance company that will insure new drivers for a short term, say 2 months? I passed my test recently and I want to be able to drive over the summer but theres no point getting insurance for a year because I won't be using the car for that long.

Are you looking for a specific company or just asking if it's possible? If it's the latter, then yes it definitely is. I would imagine it would just be a case of asking insurance companies for a quote and finding the cheapest from there. If it's someone else's car, then you could just ask if you can be added on to their insurance for a couple of months.

Don't listen to this guy. If you exit at Carlton Road you avoid all the steps and exit Waverly closer to your destination. You also get to see the setting from the opening bit in Trainspotting, where Renton comes across that car after legging it down Princes St.

It will take you less than 5mins.

Maybe like me he likes stairs ya lazy fucker :P

The MacDonalds is no longer there and it isn't the start of Rose St (which starts at the Sainsburys Metro on St Andrew's Square), but I totally agree re the Guildford and Cafe Royal, two cracking pubs.

I stand corrected re geography,but glad you agree on the pubs.

I find taking the stairs to exit onto Princes Street is the most favourable option and only hope they're still there!

Edited by Unleash The Nade

I find taking the stairs to exit onto Princes Street is the most favourable option and only hope they're still there!

when i went past a couple of weeks back the stairs there were blocked off.

dont know if thats still the case ?

Maybe like me he likes stairs ya lazy fucker :P

I stand corrected re geography,but glad you agree on the pubs.

I love the Guildford in particular, spent many a happy evening in there partaking in post-work libations.

The stairs are being worked on at the moment with a view to building an escalator from Princes St to the train station. Can't wait because those stairs are an absolute killer, especially for someone as unfit as me.

when i went past a couple of weeks back the stairs there were blocked off.

dont know if thats still the case ?

Think they are meant to be shut for a while. While they replace them with

• a modern, landmark entrance from Princes Street;
  • two sets of covered escalators, maintaining access to Princes Mall shopping centre;
  • two 16-person glass lifts giving step-free access to all platforms via a mezzanine bridge; and
  • a glass and steel canopy over the newly refurbished Waverley Steps

During the work u can get on to Princes street by using the tempuary access into the Princes Mall at platfrom 19

Question for those of you who have played the P&B 5's. How many is it recommended you have in a team, do you need strips, or just wear the same colour and most importantly what's the standard like??

I know theres a dedicated section, but not many go in there.