Quick Question Thread

I don't know much about these sorts of things, but I think it could be that you'll be charged for using Facebook until you're new plan comes into play on the 11th.

Maybe someone a bit more knowledgeable on the subject could confirm?

I've got nothing left really so I'm thinking it's more to do with the BlackBerry Bolt(?) that they were talking about. I think it could be that I've got to wait for that to be activated before it will be compatible. I might have just answered my own question but I thought it'd be best to check here and see if anyone could provide a definite answer.

I've got nothing left really so I'm thinking it's more to do with the BlackBerry Bolt(?) that they were talking about. I think it could be that I've got to wait for that to be activated before it will be compatible. I might have just answered my own question but I thought it'd be best to check here and see if anyone

could provide a definite answer.

I'm afraid that given I have an iPhone, I know nothing of the Blackberry Bolt of which you speak.

Hope you get an answer soon.

I got a BlackBerry today on a pay as you go deal so I could keep my number. The new deal I have though doesn't start till the 11th (basically unlimited internet etc) and I've been messing about with it just now. The problem I've got is that the Facebook application keeps giving me this message "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application." Is it just that I have to wait till the 11th and then it will work or is it something else? Only I've also installed Twitter and that seems to be working fine. Thanks for anyone that can help.

Short answer is yes. There are two ways you can use internet services with Blackberry and o2. The first is that you sign up to the Blackberry Tariff which requires you to top up £15 a month before services will be enabled. The other is to purchase the Blackberry Bolt-on which costs £5 a month or thereabouts. I went a while without internet access as I had gone a whole month without using much credit at all (since you get free texts on the tariff) as I didn't top-up again for a bit. I'd be tempted to switch to another Tariff but to enable the Bolt-on even though it would cost more simply because I wouldn't have to top-up to keep the internet going even though I have lots of credit.

Does that make sense?

Short answer is yes. There are two ways you can use internet services with Blackberry and o2. The first is that you sign up to the Blackberry Tariff which requires you to top up £15 a month before services will be enabled. The other is to purchase the Blackberry Bolt-on which costs £5 a month or thereabouts. I went a while without internet access as I had gone a whole month without using much credit at all (since you get free texts on the tariff) as I didn't top-up again for a bit. I'd be tempted to switch to another Tariff but to enable the Bolt-on even though it would cost more simply because I wouldn't have to top-up to keep the internet going even though I have lots of credit.

Does that make sense?

Erm, I think so. From what I can make of it, I need to top up to receive internet which is fine but are you saying that once the month is over I have to top up again to receive the Bolt-on extras? If that's so, then that's fine since I generally use all my credit in a month anyway.

Or can you only access the net whilst you have credit left?

Thanks a bunch anyway, have a greenie.

Edited by NotThePars

Erm, I think so. From what I can make of it, I need to top up to receive internet which is fine but are you saying that once the month is over I have to top up again to receive the Bolt-on extras? If that's so, then that's fine since I generally use all my credit in a month anyway.

Or can you only access the net whilst you have credit left?

Thanks a bunch anyway, have a greenie.

It's like most tariffs. If you are on the Blackberry Tariff and you top up £15 that then "activates" internet for a month (with something like a 300MB download limit (which I've never hit) ). You then have £15 credit to use as you please. Your actual credit shouldn't affect availability as it's the act of topping up that "unlocks" it.

Edit: you will find that Twitter pushes information even without it being activated (although I found this only seems to happen when the Blackberry is connected to my WiFi network when I've not topped up) and some other Blackberry updates still work without having the tariff enabled, but Facebook and email account pushing is only active as long as the tariff is running.

Edited by Ad Lib

It's like most tariffs. If you are on the Blackberry Tariff and you top up £15 that then "activates" internet for a month (with something like a 300MB download limit (which I've never hit) ). You then have £15 credit to use as you please. Your actual credit shouldn't affect availability as it's the act of topping up that "unlocks" it.

Edit: you will find that Twitter pushes information even without it being activated and some other Blackberry updates still work without having the tariff enabled, but Facebook and email account pushing is only active as long as the tariff is running.

Right, okay. Thanks.

I'm looking to buy a decent sound system with the radio and such like. Essentially looking to get one with an AUX input, good speakers and a sub. I have no idea where to satrt, can anyone help?

Had a Bose 3-2-1 for a few years now and its the dogs. Initial outlay was eye watering but when you get it home it and set it up, it sounds the same as it did in the shop, with a few tweaks.

The new stuff is apparently better, with an HDMI input as well as more than you need to connect anything to it.

But the expence is the main thing. But hey, you only live once. Weddings come and go.;)

If/when Ratko Maldic is convicted, where will he actually serve his sentence?

They hand him over to the Taliban who then sodomise him, butcher him, set light to him, attach a hook to his right hand, give him an incendiary device and put him on an aeroplane to Dallas.

On football pitches, there's often small tick marks (short lines as opposed to the Nike logo) on the by-line which are around about on line with the end of the penalty box but not quite. What are they for???

On football pitches, there's often small tick marks (short lines as opposed to the Nike logo) on the by-line which are around about on line with the end of the penalty box but not quite. What are they for???

Could be a ten yard marker for corner kicks ?

Does anyone know where I can get an A0 poster printed in Glasgow? It needs to be done to a fairly good standard, because I'm presenting it at a conference.

I'd ideally need to have it by Thursday.

I was just going to get it printed at the Uni, but it's going to be £70 there :o .

Does anyone know where I can get an A0 poster printed in Glasgow? It needs to be done to a fairly good standard, because I'm presenting it at a conference.

I'd ideally need to have it by Thursday.

I was just going to get it printed at the Uni, but it's going to be £70 there :o .

Loop Graphics on Sauchiehall St (next to Bar Budda) used to do a lot of my flyers and promo stuff. No idea how much for an A0 but the quality is good.

I had a look and it doesn't seem to have a website, so I can't check the prices.

My dad told me there's a place in Kilwinning which does it, so I'm going to head down there in the morning.

Edited by craigkillie