Quick Question Thread

New carpets are now fitted :)

What can i use to get irn bru out of my carpet?

:lol:

Just keep trying to soak it out with a cloth and rewetting the stain with cold water until you've got it out. If you've already let it dry though, you could be in trouble. Try some washing powder dissolved in warm water, and do the same as before, soak it out, rewet and soak again.

Guest The Phoenix

What can i use to get irn bru out of my carpet?

A Stanley Knife is your only option but it will leave a hole.

Irn Bru defeats Insurance Companies.

They will arrange to clean virtually any other stain, including for example red wine.

Makes you wonder what it does to your stomach.

Guest The Phoenix

:lol: Nah got the new carpet fitted on sunday but this is teh first time since i been on here so thought id share the news. however this morning found out some bad news and i was pretty upset and i had forgot i put the can do the left hand side of me and well it fell onto the carpet. But i have tried dearly to get it out the carpet to which i think i have did rather well.

Do what I did...

Claim on the Insurance, wait for their offer, turn it down and demand more (their first offer is always less than they are prepared to pay), get a better offer and accept it.

Then buy a rug for £60.00.

:lol: Nah got the new carpet fitted on sunday but this is teh first time since i been on here so thought id share the news. however this morning found out some bad news and i was pretty upset and i had forgot i put the can do the left hand side of me and well it fell onto the carpet. But i have tried dearly to get it out the carpet to which i think i have did rather well.

Is the carpet plain or patterned? The Stanley knife isn't actually a bad suggestion you have have the off-cuts of the carpet. You can cut out the stained bit and replace it with a bit off the remnants. It's only worth it if it really is a horrendously bad stain, but if there's not much there, I wouldn't bother.

How many marks do you need to pass the Hazard Perception test ?

About 32 I think, its about 3/5 you need, I really shoulod know I've been practicing in prep for booking mine. :huh:

Guest The Phoenix

About 32 I think, its about 3/5 you need, I really shoulod know I've been practicing in prep for booking mine. :huh:

That's a helluva lot of spilt Irn Bru.

Guest The Phoenix

I have just walked home and i cant unlock my door because there is a key on the other side, can I push it out with my key?

If there's a key on the inside and the door is locked, I'd ask whoever is already in to open the door.