Quick Question Thread

I doubt anyone will be able to help me with this since you probably need to hear it but it's doing my head in. Does anyone know what song has lyrics along the line of "Stay with me, stay with me.... I'll something something something" to the tune of du... du du, du... du duuuuuu, du du du du du duuuuuu. Like quick paced "Stay with me, stay with meeeeeee, I'll make you feel alriiiiiiight" or something like that. I think it mist be in the charts or an advert.

I doubt anyone will be able to help me with this since you probably need to hear it but it's doing my head in. Does anyone know what song has lyrics along the line of "Stay with me, stay with me.... I'll something something something" to the tune of du... du du, du... du duuuuuu, du du du du du duuuuuu. Like quick paced "Stay with me, stay with meeeeeee, I'll make you feel alriiiiiiight" or something like that. I think it mist be in the charts or an advert.

Stay With Me by The Faces?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nro4dWnqob8

Have you spoken to the bank? What did they say?

My friend said that she got a letter through today saying she had taken out money she never had. She had £money in it at the start of the month, spend £less-than-£money, and the letter said she had -£2 odd in her account. She's with Clydesdale too, so there much be a problem.

No. I haven't spoken to them yet.

The thing I had bought online had came off my balance and then the next day it was back up to £10. If they think I'm paying them £2.16 because they made an error they can choke on it.

The thing I had bought online had came off my balance and then the next day it was back up to £10. If they think I'm paying them £2.16 because they made an error they can choke on it.

That's weird. My friends letter said that she owes the bank £35 for going into negative money. She's not of an age to get into an overdraft, and obviously hasn't spent more than was in her card.

That's weird. My friends letter said that she owes the bank £35 for going into negative money. She's not of an age to get into an overdraft, and obviously hasn't spent more than was in her card.

That's not quite how it works though. Obviously you can't get an overdraft before you're 18, but to give you an example:

You start the day with £10.00 in your account, and at half one, you decide to buy something in a shop that costs £6. Later, you go to the cashpoint and it tells you that there's still a tenner in your account because the shop transaction hasn't actually cleared yet. You take the tenner out and go on about your day. Later, the £6 transaction clears, and you end up overdrawn. It's not an authorised overdraft, hence the charge, but because you have withdrawn that money, they can't recall it from the retailer because you've had the goods that you paid for and they can't very well send someone out to take the tenner off you, you need to pay it back. You friend will probably find that something like this has happened somewhere along the line. I reckon £35 for the charge is a bit steep though.

No, what will have happened is that the available funds will have decreased (this normally happens online) but the actual sum won't have been taken off to reduce your balance. There is occasionally a latent period where the available balance is no longer held (it's usually only held to guarantee payment), but the sums are not cleared until a few hours later. This happened when I bought my Xbox 360 a couple of years back and it's happened a couple of times with my online groceries shop (never, I should add, causing me to be overdrawn).

The fault still lies with you. You have spent the money and you have become overdrawn. You owe them that money whether you like it or not, and the only issue is, since you are not yet old enough to be permitted an overdraft facility, whether or not they'll be allowed to slap an additional charge on you. It doesn't alter the fact that you owe them £2.16 and your Mugabe economics of telling them to "choke on it" won't get you anywhere.

Edited by Ad Lib

That's not quite how it works though. Obviously you can't get an overdraft before you're 18, but to give you an example:

You start the day with £10.00 in your account, and at half one, you decide to buy something in a shop that costs £6. Later, you go to the cashpoint and it tells you that there's still a tenner in your account because the shop transaction hasn't actually cleared yet. You take the tenner out and go on about your day. Later, the £6 transaction clears, and you end up overdrawn. It's not an authorised overdraft, hence the charge, but because you have withdrawn that money, they can't recall it from the retailer because you've had the goods that you paid for and they can't very well send someone out to take the tenner off you, you need to pay it back. You friend will probably find that something like this has happened somewhere along the line. I reckon £35 for the charge is a bit steep though.

I understand, but she's pretty certain she never went over the amount that was in her card at any time.

Anyway; If I were selling something online and the buyer was paying by cheque, when should I post out what I'm selling? After the cheque has cleared and the cash is in my account?

I understand, but she's pretty certain she never went over the amount that was in her card at any time.

Anyway; If I were selling something online and the buyer was paying by cheque, when should I post out what I'm selling? After the cheque has cleared and the cash is in my account?

Unless it's a trusted seller, yes - wait until the cheque clears.

Has anyone sold a number plate before?

I'm just back from getting the car out of the garage, and one of the mechanics was looking to buy it, because the first three characters (V41) spell Val, his girlfriend's name. It hadn't even occurred to me before!

What he was saying is that all of the "Val" plates go for at least £500, and that I should look around and see what kind of price I could get for it.

I'm basically looking for good/reliable websites that I can get quotes from, or however it's done.

Cheers.

Guest The Phoenix

I'm just back from getting the car out of the garage, and one of the mechanics was looking to buy it, because the first three characters (V41) spell Val, his girlfriend's name. It hadn't even occurred to me before!

What he was saying is that all of the "Val" plates go for at least £500, and that I should look around and see what kind of price I could get for it.

I'm basically looking for good/reliable websites that I can get quotes from, or however it's done.

Cheers.

V41

Type V41 into the search box.

Cheers.

Try the DVLA

I got a letter from the bank saying I have 7 days to pay the £2.16 or i will have my card withdrawn. However, the letter is dated 23rd of May and I only got it today, so I actually only have 2 days to pay it. If I phone them, would they extend it because I got the letter 5 days late?

I got a letter from the bank saying I have 7 days to pay the £2.16 or i will have my card withdrawn. However, the letter is dated 23rd of May and I only got it today, so I actually only have 2 days to pay it. If I phone them, would they extend it because I got the letter 5 days late?

Is "phone them and ask them" too obvious an answer?